PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bruins 2022-23

No.

In hockey, same as basset-ball, the regular season ain't ****.
I don't know man, in most cases I would agree with you, but this regular season was special. It reminded me of when Pedro was in his prime and how excited I would get to watch him pitch. I remember waking up in the morning and thinking today is a "Pedro Day" and feeling a bit more giddy than usual because he was that freaking dominant. This Bruins team is the same for me. Every day I would wake up and feel a bit more excited about my day when I realized it was a "B's Day", every game it seemed like there was a new height they would attain or a new contributor, then the trade deadline brought reinforcements and a higher level was attained. I don't know what will transpire over the course of the playoffs, but no matter how miserable an ending I could imagine, nothing will ever take away the joyride they took me on this regular season. That being said....Let's fcuking go and win Lord Stanley's Cup, I want to see that Cup handed to Bergeron after the final NHL game is played the spring.

No.

Sorry to hear that! Huge opportunity missed. It was a great season culminating in a game 82 win against the Canadiens. Even though the Bruins had already set the single season wins record, they still went to kick ass in Montreal. It was a lot of fun.

I can't speak to other folks'perceptions but this B's fan enjoyed the regular season immensely, from an entertainment standpoint I can't recall a better NHL regular season. In the dead of winter when the wind was howling and it was as cold as Roger Goodell's heart the Bruins performance was like a beacon of hope, that in fact not all warmth had gone out of the world. The B's season gave hope that this spring might be a joyful season, perhaps even the very best of seasons. That the foul hateful Canadiens were being gutted like the soulless dead fish they are at the same time, even suffering the indignity of losing what they thought was one of their 'forever'records to God's own Boston Bruins before taking one last home loss to those same Bruins to have as the final taste in their wretched mouths? That just boosted the brightness of that beacon to the point where it burnt the last of winter away. The Boys Of Winter indeed saw us through.

There is no guarantee the promise glimpsed in winter will be born out by a joyful Stanley Cup summer. But we can take joy now that thanks to the Bruins' stellar record breaking regular season and the Canadiens' putrid one, we won't be sharing a single step of the playoff journey with the soulless fans of Montreal. Boston fans received the Golden Ticket of home ice throughout while the once proud ice of Montreal gave way under them, leaving them on the outside looking in bereft of even a single game of playoff hockey.

Sure, it may not add up to final victory against the playoff opponents our guys have yet to face but it was certainly a twisted knife in the guts of Les Habitants and their despicable followers. And that alone is not too shabby, not too shabby at all.

Can you think about that for a moment Oh Captain, My Captain and tell me this past regular season was totally devoid of merit?

Last edited:
I can't speak to other folks'perceptions but this B's fan enjoyed the regular season immensely, from an entertainment standpoint I can't recall a better NHL regular season. In the dead of winter when the wind was howling and it was as cold as Roger Goodell's heart the Bruins performance was like a beacon of hope, that in fact not all warmth had gone out of the world. The B's season gave hope that this spring might be a joyful season, perhaps even the very best of seasons. That the foul hateful Canadiens were being gutted like the soulless dead fish they are at the same time, even suffering the indignity of losing what they thought was one of their 'forever'records to God's own Boston Bruins before taking one last home loss to those same Bruins to have as the final taste in their wretched mouths? That just boosted the brightness of that beacon to the point where it burnt the last of winter away. The Boys Of Winter indeed saw us through.

There is no guarantee the promise glimpsed in winter will be born out by a joyful Stanley Cup summer. But we can take joy now that thanks to the Bruins' stellar record breaking regular season and the Canadiens' putrid one, we won't be sharing a single step of the playoff journey with the soulless fans of Montreal. Boston fans received the Golden Ticket of home ice throughout while the once proud ice of Montreal gave way under them, leaving them on the outside looking in bereft of even a single game of playoff hockey.

Sure, it may not add up to final victory against the playoff opponents our guys have yet to face but it was certainly a twisted knife in the guts of Les Habitants and their despicable followers. And that alone is not too shabby, not too shabby at all.

Can you think about that for a moment Oh Captain, My Captain and tell me this past regular season was totally devoid of merit?
No doubt this was special. Everything was gold. Every pick up added, just gold. Right out the gate until the final game was pretty much the most chemistry I’ve witnessed from a hockey team. Domination, outclassing opponents, comebacks, defense, goaltending offense you name it.

However if they don’t finish the deal it’s just not as special imo. Red Wings come to mind from the mid 90’s. Best record ever at the time and it didnt mean jack squat.

This brought a smile to my face. Well said.s fan

You can pretty much judge how deep the Black n Gold runs in someone by their opinion of the Canadiens. Any Bruins fan that doesn't at least hold the Habs as being beneath contempt is either under 30 or just riding the bandwagon.

However if they don’t finish the deal it’s just not as special imo. Red Wings come to mind from the mid 90’s. Best record ever at the time and it didnt mean jack squat.

The operative words there for me are 'as special' meaning this season is and will remain special even if the B's can't close the deal, just in a regular season kind of way. And that's where I am with it too. No matter the finish, this season will stick in my head as the season the Bruins had the deepest team I've ever seen.

OFC as a hockey fan of a certain age I can well recall Ken Dryden stealing a series from the most talented Bruins team I'd ever seen.

Last edited:
The operative words there for me are 'as special' meaning this season is and will remain special even if the B's can't close the deal, just in a regular season kind of way. And that's where I am with it too. No matter the finish, this season will stick in my head as the season the Bruins had the deepest team I've ever seen.

OFC as a hockey fan of a certain age I can well recall Ken Dryden stealing a series from the most talented Bruins team I'd ever seen.
I’m going to rephrase. It’s special what they achieved. But it would be historic if they seal the deal.

Jack squat I guess is a little harsh considering only 4 teams have achieved 60 or more wins. Also breaking the points record. Like you said, not the most talented but the best 4 lines the Bruins have put on the ice.. But I will admit, the possibility of losing is a bitter pill to swallow likened to the 07 Patriots which is a painful experience as a fan.

You can pretty much judge how deep the Black n Gold runs in someone by their opinion of the Canadiens. Any Bruins fan that doesn't at least hold the Habs as being beneath contempt is either under 30 or just riding the bandwagon.
I listened to Yvon Lambert’s GW goal in effing French when I was in college in Baltimore because for some reason I could not pick up WBZ, but I could hear the station from Montreal. I hate the Habs with the power of 10,000 suns.

I listened to Yvon Lambert’s GW goal in effing French when I was in college in Baltimore because for some reason I could not pick up WBZ, but I could hear the station from Montreal. I hate the Habs with the power of 10,000 suns.

You sir, are a fully qualified Member of The Fellowship of the Spoked B.

No.

And as if any further proof is needed, please allow me to present the case of Patrice Bergeron.

#****TheRegularSeason

Uh oh!
Sickness going around the B's locker room. WTF?

And as if any further proof is needed, please allow me to present the case of Patrice Bergeron.

#****TheRegularSeason

I wish it weren't so, but here we are...

What a ****ing pointless, frustrating, short-sighted and totally Avoidable way to possibly end a career, and with it his teammates' chances of winning a championship.

What a ****ing pointless, frustrating, short-sighted and totally Avoidable way to possibly end a career, and with it his teammates' chances of winning a championship.

Do you feel anything different watching the playoffs knowing the Bruins are chasing history? Still think the regular season makes no difference? If the regular season doesn't matter why do the playoffs feel different this year?

Bergeron ruled Out for tonight, again; and his availability for the remainder of the POs is now, according to SiriusXM Sports, "in doubt."

Bergeron ruled Out for tonight, again; and his availability for the remainder of the POs is now, according to SiriusXM Sports, "in doubt."

Anyone attach their name to that 'in doubt' report to make us lend it any credence? Shinzawa is fairly dialed in and he's reporting it's day to day.
Why didn't you post this to the playoff thread? It was being discussed there earlier

I kinda like that Florida kicked the B’s teeth in the other night. Focuses the mind. Now finish this 3rd period. Goals from Coyle and Hall - what we need to win it all.

No.

If you dont win the cup it was all a waste.

The NY Giants were a 10 - 6 Wildcard team and took out the 18 - 0 number 1 seed Pats.

Their fans were doosh nozzles.

Some would stop off in Nashua, NH on the way to the Garden or on the way home with their chants and songs.

And THIS is why having a "players' coach", especially one trying to curry favor with his employees instead of telling them who's boss, ****ing SUCKS.

Go Pour a Sip Monty, you ****ing Charmin-soft ****ing Idiot. Hope your ****ing choke ass gets ****ing Fired tomorrow.

And take your One whole ****ing banner and GTFO to your F & Fs "Bergie."

Oh yeah, almost forgot: #FireSweeney

2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
Back