PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Browns vs. Patriots (Perspective from a Browns fan)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cleveland scares me alot more than Dallas. Dallas is an NFC team with an overrated quarterback who gets to beat up on two terrible teams (the Skins and the Giants) and a very mediocre team (the Eagles). They also have Wade Phillips as their coach. Phillips was hired from that same pool of coaches that Norv Turner was, the "proven loser who we might as well give another shot because there's no one else better out there and Pete Carroll isn't walking through that door" pool. Romeo is a much better coach.

That said, I don't feel particularly nervous about this game. Or the Dallas game. These games should be breezes. It's the Colts game that's going to be the toughy, and that is coming nearer and nearer.

Good post, but I don't see how what you wrote translates into 27 points for the Browns, to tell you the truth.

By the way, don't fear Teddy.......he's a weak link on the defense.

You go wash your mouth out with soap!:mad:

I'm a longtime Pats fan who lives in Toledo, Ohio. We get Browns' games on tv every sunday, and I'm pretty familiar with them. I even picked them to beat Baltimore this Sunday in an upset. The Browns are very inconsistent. I'm not sure that Derek Anderson is the answer. He's a big guy with a big arm, but he hasn't mastered the intricacies of the position by any means. I think the Patriots will have him befuddled.

Browns are scrappy and will keep on fighting, but they are well overmatched this Sunday. I do not see it as being close and I see a lot of turnovers (mostly on the Brown's side.) I think they could get 14-17 points against us Pats. Winslow still has a hurt shoulder and he's not 100%. Jamal Lewis is a slow back. He's not yet washed up but he's not the runner he once was. Browns have a couple of other shifty #2 and #3 running backs who will get them a few yards. Overall, I see a tough day for Derek Anderson. He's not yet ready for primetime.

Err... If the browns have 27 NE's offense wont be going into clock kill mode in the second half and they'll end up with a bit more then 34. All 4 of NE's games could have been slaughters if BB felt like it.

How's Willie doing for the browns? I used to love that guy. :(

Willie has been up and down since coming to play for us. He has been injured a lot recently but will be ready for the game on Sunday. He made a couple of nice stops on running plays vs. the Ravens.

He has also been a GREAT mentor to our young linebackers.

All 4 of those teams sit at 1-3 so maybe that invincible image you guys have is a bit of an illusion.

This has become a very popular fallacy. You can not offer our opponents' 1-3 records as evidence against us, because those 1-3 records contain as one loss our beating the team in question. Thus, it makes sense to say our opponents have 1-2 records without our beating them, but not that we beat 1-3 teams. You can not include the explanandum in the explanans, as it were. Please adjust your thinking accordingly. Thanks.

Last edited:
Id be shocked if the Browns scored more than 10 pts. All due respect to Cleveland and their diehard fanbase, but the Patriots will pulverize your team into the ground. The Pats dont look past games, so there will be no sneaking by. I could break down the entire game and go point for point why the Browns are completely overmatched, but whats the point really. Good luck Sunday, I hope its an injury free game.

Unfortunately for us I don't think that will translate into a win but we will give you the closest game you have had so far this year.

I certainly won't be surprised if the Pats only win by 20 this time. It was bound to happen eventually.

This has become a very popular fallacy. You can not offer our opponents' 1-3 records as evidence against us, because those 1-3 records contain as one loss our beating the team in question. Thus, it makes sense to say our opponents have 1-2 records without our beating them, but not that we beat 1-3 teams. You can not include the explanandum in the explanans, as it were. Please adjust your thinking accordingly. Thanks.

not just that, but this type of thinking is bound to archaic Newtonian physics. The numbers do not exist in a vaccuum. What NEP did to the Jets started to unravel that team from the top down. What NEP did to the Chargers started to unravel that team from within. What NEP did to BUF was to improve their chances of competing this season. What NEP did to CIN was to further destabilize the team's cohesion.

NEP didn't just put up a W--they crushed the spirits of their opponents and created a template for other teams to beat these same teams. NEP thus far have 4 wins total, but probably account for as many as 4 additional victories for other teams.

Quantum physics yo.

"Any Given Sunday" is a fallacy, at least this week. Cleveland has literally NO SHOT. No shot even with the points probably.

Well, I think the pats are a little better than that this year, it is a special team. No illusions. I want you guys to do good for romeo and willy, just not win.

And belichick looking past you guys toward dallas is unlikely. He hasn't looked past anyone yet.

You are probably right, but hey I can hope that you guys would by some chance look past us on Sunday. It doesn't look like it's going to happen though :snob:

Our offensive line has been a huge surprise :woohoo: All that money we have poured into the O-line is finally starting to pay off.

Here's to a good game Sunday with no injuries on both sides of the ball :eat3:

There is a great deal of respect for R Crennel in the locker room and on the coaching staff. This negates any tendency to overlook a Crennell coached team.

I want the Pats to win, I don't want to see Romeo embarrassed. If you got rid of Savage and got Romeo some players he would produce a winner.

i think romeo factor is going to be significant. He knows how to defend brady or at least has an idea so there will be and adjustment period for the offense IMO.
I think this will be closer game for us then people think and frankly i wouldnt mind a grind it out type of a win. Hopefully people stop talking up the pats for a while and go concentrate on indy and dallas .

i think romeo factor is going to be significant. He knows how to defend brady or at least has an idea so there will be and adjustment period for the offense IMO.
I think this will be closer game for us then people think and frankly i wouldnt mind a grind it out type of a win. Hopefully people stop talking up the pats for a while and go concentrate on indy and dallas .

I know how to defend Brady too: gets lots of pressure on him and take away Moss and Welker. Easier said than done, fortunately for us.

I'm rooting for the Browns to do well this year as well out of respect for Romeo. Christ I root for ND because Charlie is there, as soon as he's gone they are back to hated status pronto, lol.

Great job by the Brownies beating the Ravens and Bungles.

I know how to defend Brady too: gets lots of pressure on him and take away Moss and Welker. Easier said than done, fortunately for us.

iam talking about schemes and alignments. Surely it will be more creative than bengals..

Great stuff, Cleveland Strife - - you are really bringin' it. It's great to get serious input from fans of other teams and it's appreciated.

Unfortunately I have to agree with some of the previous posters about Tedy Bruschi. He's serviceable, but not the Tedy Bruschi of old. Many of us were practically falling over ourselves on this board in ecstasy when he made one "playmaker" play against Cinci. He's beloved for over a decade here and it has been bittersweet to see him more of a role playing steady ILB instead of the Tasmanian Devil he used to be.

That being said, I am very impressed and surprised by the Brown's showing so far this year and can't believe the idiot who has them at #25 in his Power Rankings.

Which Browns would you take over the equivalent Patriot ?

I can think of Winslow by a little over Watson.

And . . . well that's about it. Edwards over Stallworth doesn't count as that's their #1 vs. our #2. Joe Thomas I would take over Light but not right now. I like Wimbley but not over Colvin, if he's healthy.

One position I give the Browns the edge.

Game over.

Actually, probably Sean Jones too. That's two. Game's still over.

Andra Davis or Chaun Thompson over Bruschi/Seau. In fact, probably both over those two.

The Patriots will grind the Browns down to dust. Maybe it'll take a little longer than it did against some of the teams, but it's going to take a complete team to give the Patriots a run this year, and the Browns aren't it.

No offense to the Browns. They may have a nice little season, and I hope RAC gets some buzz. But even if the Patriots aren't at the top of their game, they still win by at least a couple touchdowns. Matt Cassell is gonna play in more games this year than his entire football career since high school. Most of the time he'll be takin' a knee, but still ...

I don't mean to be an arrogant fan, but this Pats team is just that good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
Back