PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Browns release Punter Scott Player

Status
Not open for further replies.
Amen. I wrote that I was worried about Hansen before he ever punted just from watchinghim in warm-ups. 9 out of 10 are badly hit and don't turn over. He looks like a boy among men when the punters are warming up.

edited. Poor taste

Last edited:
I got to the bar late when the score was 3-0 Pats with about 6 minutes left in the first quarter. After coming back from commercial, CBS showed a montage of game clips before resuming the live action. One of the brief clips was a closeup of some guy wearing a Browns white jersey, wearing an old-school single-bar helmet and sporting a blond moustache right out of 1970. I thought to myself, "Damn, that's a dedicated Browns fan in the stands today!" Then later I see the guy's face again as the announcers go, "Scott Player on to punt..."

:eek:

I'm serious.

Regards,
Chris
LOL, I thought the same thing as well!

Why the Pats ever let Miller go will remain a mystery to me. Miller is averaging 4 yards more per punt than Hanson. Player is averaging 9 yards more per punt than Hansen. Hanson is netting an average of 31.6 yards while Miller is netting 37 yards and player 40.3.

I see a handlebar mustache guy on the team soon...

Does Hanson punt with his left foot?

Maybe they are more punters out there...How old is Player?????

Yes get Player!!!!!

MR WALRUS FOR PATRIOT!

Pats will sign Player within 48 hours.

Bold prediction. I will bet you one ficticious internet web-based forum dollar that they don't.

Bring back the Yentl of punters, I say!

After some of those piss poor punts that put the browns in such good field position on Sunday I would not be opposed to signing this orange county choppers cast off.

Sorry, but Hansen needs to go. I don't know why BB likes watching his punters kick the ball 30 yards on a good day, regardless of where they're kicking it. At this point I'm just about ready to say let's bring Tom Tupa out of retirement.

i don't understand how every year we have punter problems.

My vote would be to bring back Josh Miller, gets along well here and had few problems punting for the NEP.

My vote would be to bring back Josh Miller, gets along well here and had few problems punting for the NEP.

I think the Titans would have something to say about that... like no.

Are there any other punters still around sporting the single-bar facemask? When was the cutoff to be grandfathered in?

too much "face time"?? Looks like a skinnier version of the Walrus or Crosby, with a little Bilitnikoff(sp??) thrown in.

Are there any other punters still around sporting the single-bar facemask? When was the cutoff to be grandfathered in?

They were banned in 2004(!). Watching him reminded me of Craig McTavish.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News