PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Browns release Punter Scott Player

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hulk-a-mania!!!

"...I am a real American ...."

(stadium Announcers voice)

And now your New England Patriots Punter Scott Player

(enter Player on Custom tricked out OCC Bike)

I'm sorry, he just looks too stupid. I couldn't root for him. He would destroy the dynasty.

OK, maybe not. But damn, he's stupid looking.

I'm sorry, he just looks too stupid. I couldn't root for him. He would destroy the dynasty.

OK, maybe not. But damn, he's stupid looking.

Not as stupid looking as the 25 yard punts we have been getting the last few weeks.:D

Not as stupid looking as the 25 yard punts we have been getting the last few weeks.:D

You tell 'em, brother!

Scott Player, in 13 punts:
Avg: 45.6
Net Avg: 40.3
Down Inside 20/Touchbacks: 6/2

Chris Hanson, in 11 punts:
Avg: 36.3 (worst in the NFL)
Net Avg: 31.6 (3rd worst)
Down Inside 20/Touchbacks: 1/2 (worst in the NFL)

This just has not been much of a issue since punting is almost not something we have had in the playbook this year.

But one of these games field position is going to be a big part of who wins, and from what i have seen this is the worst punter we have had in years. What will happen when the pressure is actually on with this guy, not hard to punt when you are up by 24 points and it is not a punt out of the endzone with the game tied, thats when the shank kicks he has been making will kill us! I dont think it can hurt to bring him in and give it a look.

We need a Player!

It turns out that the Browns released the punter they used on Sunday - the dude with the awesome retro look. We could use a guy like that here. Imagine having a punter who can punt the ball well!

Re: We need a Player!

scan down the site, just right here on page one, to find...this thread already in progress. It's best to look around first - but welcome aboard.

You tell 'em, brother!

Scott Player, in 13 punts:
Avg: 45.6
Net Avg: 40.3
Down Inside 20/Touchbacks: 6/2

Chris Hanson, in 11 punts:
Avg: 36.3 (worst in the NFL)
Net Avg: 31.6 (3rd worst)
Down Inside 20/Touchbacks: 1/2 (worst in the NFL)

On about 6 of those 11 punts, Hanson has apparently been instructed to kick the ball out of bounds. I'd like to see a larger sample size before I judge him.

I got to the bar late when the score was 3-0 Pats with about 6 minutes left in the first quarter. After coming back from commercial, CBS showed a montage of game clips before resuming the live action. One of the brief clips was a closeup of some guy wearing a Browns white jersey, wearing an old-school single-bar helmet and sporting a blond moustache right out of 1970. I thought to myself, "Damn, that's a dedicated Browns fan in the stands today!" Then later I see the guy's face again as the announcers go, "Scott Player on to punt..."

:eek:

I'm serious.

Regards,
Chris

You're not the only one, I had the same reaction!!!

I say we bring him in, if only to see a single bar Patriots helmet.

Chris Hansen has gotten a Bum's rush. For two teams of the five we have played, he was instructed from the Bench to kick it out of bounds.

The Bills returners burned the Cowboys last night, and Cribs was leading the AFC in kick/punt returns coming into the Pats game. Both teams have trouble scoring, so BB didn't want to give them any opportunity.

We gave up an extra 5 yards on the punts we did make, but they never returned anything either.

That said Hansen has not done much with the other opportunities given him.

some were complaining about Gostkowski shorter kicks against the Browns. This was a piece with the orders to Hansen. Kick it high and even close to out of bounds, (he failed once), and pin them deep, which was the net result.

Above all don't give them any returns; remove that weapon in their arsenal.

Chris Hansen has gotten a Bum's rush. For two teams of the five we have played, he was instructed from the Bench to kick it out of bounds.

This is certainly true, and BB values situational/directional punting above all. The problem is that they were bad OOB kicks.

seriously.......the guy put an axe in his foot
get another punter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots