PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Browns release Punter Scott Player

Status
Not open for further replies.
maybe we should try a real punter too ;)

Hulk-a-mania!!!

was that really Paul Maguire in disguise?

He looks like he's a leftover from the early seventies.

http://www.clevelandbrowns.com/article.php?id=7502

"Player punted 13 times for a 45.6-yard average during three games as a Brown, landing 6 of his kicks inside the 20."

Their real punter is back. I think you all know why I posted this . . .
Time for a better punter?? Hansen just seems not to have it this year...where did I hear it but many have said kicking/punting more like relief pitchers..a LOT of it is mental...and if you get into a bad groove it stays. I would NOT se surprised if Player is looked at...OR another punter. BB will always make a move IF he thinks the team will improve.

Pats will sign Player within 48 hours.

Why do you even need a punter? When do you punt?

Let's give the guy a break. Yesterday he punted 6 times and wasn't wind a factor? Plus he was asked to directional punt?

Prior to yesterday he punted 5 times in 4 games. Give the guy a chance. Right now you have a small sampling of his punts. Now if he is punting like this 4 games from now then I agree, but he's punted 11 times in 5 games. that is absurd.

I got to the bar late when the score was 3-0 Pats with about 6 minutes left in the first quarter. After coming back from commercial, CBS showed a montage of game clips before resuming the live action. One of the brief clips was a closeup of some guy wearing a Browns white jersey, wearing an old-school single-bar helmet and sporting a blond moustache right out of 1970. I thought to myself, "Damn, that's a dedicated Browns fan in the stands today!" Then later I see the guy's face again as the announcers go, "Scott Player on to punt..."

:eek:

I'm serious.

Regards,
Chris

That will teach you to watch the whole game next time. :)

At least you didnt think the browns fan in the stands with the halloween mask and helmet was a player. Then you would have serious problems.

This is a must. Hansen simply sucks.

Well the Patriots have created what seems like a pre-cap era quality roster so I could see going with a punter who also fits that role (looks wise) lol.

Seriously though I'd give the guy a try and hasn't he been at least a decent punter for awhile?

Greetings all, ASalam Alaikum dear brothers and sisters. Its very obvious after having excellent punters in the last 3 seasons Josh Miller and the guy from last year ?? Saurbaun if i remember, that this punter is nowhere near the same. Didnt watch the game but listening to the game on the internet he was booed i think on one particular punt !! { bit harsh i thought and wont help his confidence for Dallas } we better get someone in quick. Anyway still lets now worry too much coz in Bill we trust ! Cheers. GO PATS. Abdul

Let's give the guy a break. Yesterday he punted 6 times and wasn't wind a factor? Plus he was asked to directional punt?

Prior to yesterday he punted 5 times in 4 games. Give the guy a chance. Right now you have a small sampling of his punts. Now if he is punting like this 4 games from now then I agree, but he's punted 11 times in 5 games. that is absurd.
I've seen enough. Watch other games, other punters. Let your eyes do your thinking for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back