PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Browns ONLY got a 2nd for Winslow

Status
Not open for further replies.

carolinatony

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Kellen Winslow got traded to Tampa for a second round draft pick. I think he was worth more than Cassell so We got a fair value imo.

Kellen Winslow got traded to Tampa for a second round draft pick. I think he was worth more than Cassell so We got a fair value imo.

Seriously? You think a troubled TE who has basically only played in 2 1/2 seasons of his 5 and who has had both knees rebuilt is worth as much as a franchise QB?

This news makes me feel worse. :mad:

They also got a 5th next year. Winslow is not a QB and the starting OLB did not go with him.

I was reading a mike Reiss pice about the Cassel trade. He was saying because of economics teams are hesitant to give up to much, and then have to pay a lot. I.E. Rookies are cheaper. So this year is a bad market if your selling.

Last edited:
They also got a 5th next year. Winslow is not a QB and the starting OLB did not go with him.

Not to mention that Winslow was basically being shown the door by the new management/coach....they didn't just want a drat pick for him... they wanted him GONE!

So it looks like we should have dealt with the brainless Bucs.

Well...

Winslow was a 1st round pick (6th overall) has been traded for a 2nd and a 5th

Cassel was a 7th round pick (230th overall) has been traded for a 2nd (yes, I know an aging OLB, who was on the decline has been added)

I think we got the better deal :)

1st turns into 2nd and 5th

7th turns into 2nd (Y)(Y)

Also; you say Winslow has only played 2 and half seasons, but Cassel has played one season!!!!

Matt Cassel
21 TDs / 11 INTs / 3,693 Yards / 89.4 Rating

Kellen Winslow Jr.
43 receptions / 428 yards / 3 TDs

The Patriots were hosed in this deal. Everything else is a justification.

What does this tell me? that the Cassel deal was WAAAAAAY done for a while now.

The Bucs only made that deal after they couldnt get Cassel, because I can't see them offering their 1st and being turned down, or their 3rd and being hung up on :D

Why was he worth more?

TE who has done very little versus a one-year QB sensation.

Well...

Cassel was a 7th round pick (230th overall) has been traded for a 2nd (yes, I know an aging OLB, who was on the decline has been added)

Also; you say Winslow has only played 2 and half seasons, but Cassel has played one season!!!!

Hmmmmm, that must mean Jamarcus Russell is worth more than Tom Brady.

I was reading a mike Reiss pice about the Cassel trade. He was saying because of economics teams are hesitant to give up to much and then have to pay a lot. I.E. Rookies are cheaper so this year is a bad sellers market.

I've been saying this from the start. This is why the Peppers deal didn't make any sense to me.

Well...

There's a difference between not playing because Tom Brady's ahead of you on the depth chart and not playing because you can't steer your ******* motorcycle.

Hmmmmm, that must mean Jamarcus Russell is worth more than Tom Brady.

How???

I'm saying we got a better deal.

No-one would have predicted this! How often do 7ths become a 2nd???

There's a difference between not playing because Tom Brady's ahead of you on the depth chart and not playing because you can't steer your ******* motorcycle.

And fair enough. I agree with you on that one!

I still think Bucs overpaid for Winslow.

put the pipe down.. :)

Winslow is over rated and there are serious concerns about the length of time he has left to play this sport..

If you needed a QB and TE and only had 1 2nd round pick to trade.. Who the HECK do you think you would go after 1st.. the QB.. We got PWNED..

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes