PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Broncos sign Aqib Talib

Status
Not open for further replies.
The body of work for Bill as a GM is not very impressive.

We're not winning because of his moves in Free Agency. We win because we have the best coach and best QB of all time. The way he handles free agency sucks, though. I'm unsure why this is so hard for people to understand.

BB the GM is the one that traded for Talib in the first place, just like he traded for Dillon, Moss, and Welker.

I agree with this too. I just think its silly to minimize denver getting a quality player just cause they over paid. For this year its.not gonna affect the team on the field.

I agree with what you're saying on some level, for sure. There's some aspect where you start to think that people are becoming a little blind and acting like homers, but remember that you're on a Pats fan site! ;)

It is very important to remember that the high majority of these first day signings don't always work out like they're intended, and that it's likely going to screw DEN down the road in terms of the cap.

I agree that they will likely be the team to beat this year though, but a couple of decent moves will even things out again. New England rarely makes many day one signings. Belichick waits for the market to thin out. It's one of the reasons why they always stay one step ahead in the cap game, and why we get a winning product year in and year out.

If Elway's moves don't equate to a SB in the next year or two, they will likely pay a huge price for the long haul.

I wish there was some way that we could give clowns like you free reign over a team, just to see how quickly you'd run it into the ground.

The template is already out there.

Redskins.

I wish there was some way that we could give clowns like you free reign over a team, just to see how quickly you'd run it into the ground. Question individual choices all you want--Belichick makes mistakes just like everyone else--but Blundering Bill? Look at the body of work, Einstein.

Unfortunately, I've seen it. Dowling, Chung, Brace, Cunningham, Hernandez, Butler, Wheatley, Wilhite, Crable, Taylor Price, Tavon Wilson, need I go on? That's just the draft, and a lot of those guys were high picks. Nevermind the Deltha O'Neils and Shawn Springs' of the world.

Belichick is lucky Brady bails him out every year.

You can't have it both ways. The argument can't be that only SB wins matter when discussing the Patriots, then appearances suddenly matter for the Broncos.

FWIW, my stance is that this move makes Denver likely the best team in the NFL in September. It's as likely as not, though, that it makes them worse (through opportunity cost) from December onward. Talib's hip is what it is. If he beats the odds and makes it through the season healthy, then it's a fantastic deal. If not, then DRC on the field is more valuable than Talib on the sidelines.

I dont have it both ways. I think our super apperances matter more than any year we didnt get there at all. They count for something.

All im sayibg is its a good move for denver. Not a bad one.

Unfortunately, I've seen it. Dowling, Chung, Brace, Cunningham, Hernandez, Butler, Wheatley, Wilhite, Crable, Taylor Price, Tavon Wilson, need I go on? That's just the draft, and a lot of those guys were high picks. Nevermind the Deltha O'Neils and Shawn Springs' of the world.

Care to name a team that hasn't made at least as many bad picks/signings over the same time period?

Name me the team that doesn't make bad draft picks...

He's what LeBron James was in Cleveland. Tell me, who are the other really big impact players aside from Brady? Gronk, but he's always hurt. Please don't give me Jerod Mayo, that's laughable. So is Chandler Jones and his "check in, get one sack, check out".

"He's what LeBron James was in Cleveland."

Woa!!!! You actually WROTE that on a football forum!!! :D :D :D

Kid, go to bed. Seriously.

Tomorrow, check a book out of the library about football.

Hard to argue with this logic... especially in 2008...

The overreaction here is predictable. If the pats had paid talib that much, the holy highs in our media will kill them for paying a player with past issues after the hernandez fiasco. And the pats after that deal would basically be done dealin the FA. With our oline in flux and WR unknown , pats have to spend in other areas as well. Denver went all in with whatever money they had. Their depth wasnt tested as much last yr but the reason pats survive all the injuries and turnovers is that they build depth. Would have liked to keep talib but not that price.

Sorry you were in a coma for that game.

The Patriots were missing Gronkowski, Mayo, Kelly, Vollmer, Spikes, Boyce and Wilfork that day.

6 of those 7 players they get back for day one of next season.

So what "personnel" are you talking about?

Great. The Broncos beat the Patriots in January. The Patriots beat the Broncos on November. How does any of that extrapolate to next season?

Yes. If healthy maybe we win the game.

Who was that tiny cb they traded a 4th for? Washed up. Forgot him.

The Patriots big playmaker on defense, Chandler Jones. Two postseason games, 3 tackles, 0 sacks, 0 FF, 0 everything across the board.

Would have liked to keep talib but not that price.

I would have seriously thought that Belichick had lost his mind if he'd have given 2/3rds of that deal to Talib. I'm not even kidding.

Hey, Brady looked just fine in 2008 for those 4 or 5 minutes.

Yep. Definitely one of the greatest "bail out the blundering head coach" four or five minute stretches hitherto seen...

Ummmmmmm.......you really don't think anyone can go cherry pick from the Seahawks, 49ers and Broncos and name just as many draft picks that didn't work out?

I forgot, every draft pick the Seahawks have made in the past 5 years has been Earl Thomas and Richard Sherman.

The Patriots big playmaker on defense, Chandler Jones. Two postseason games, 3 tackles, 0 sacks, 0 FF, 0 everything across the board.

Lots of injuries last year, man. It was a weird year where we overachieved.

There's about 99% PLUS of the 2014 season remaining. We will have some playmakers on defense through the return of injuries, some FA signings of our own, and the draft.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back