PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Broncos look good.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
i fear denver...IN denver more than houston in houston

I dont know, Brady shredded that defense last year and this year.....I understand that denver handed us a playoff loss in the past.

but just from recent years, the pats offense generally doesnt struggle against them.

I dont know, Brady shredded that defense last year and this year.....I understand that denver handed us a playoff loss in the past.

but just from recent years, the pats offense generally doesnt struggle against them.

Broncos are due for a loss....

also, while the broncos schedule looks like a cake-walk on paper..this is the NFL where its any given sunday...

anyone have the brady stat...W-L record IN denver? isn't it like 5-6 or something like that

but they have manning this year...much different

Last edited:
Broncos fan here...

I think the general consensus on our boards is that NE is our toughest challenge, by far. Whenever you have a hall of fame coach orchestrating a squad led by a hall of fame QB with 3-4 pro bowl level targets to throw at, they are going to scare opposing fans and put up points. Our defense will give yards and points. Still, Denver is a much different unit than what you seen last year, or even earlier this season... not just in terms of the main guys on the field, but how they have grouped together as a unit in a new scheme. We now have 4 CBs who could start on most teams, something very few clubs can boast about, and the safety play has picked up. But obviously guys like Welker and your TEs present matchup nightmares for anyone. I have a lot of concerns about Denvers ability to match up because of Brady's ability to hit intermediate and short throws near instantly (rendering our elite pass rush irrelevant), but if there's 2 or 3 teams that can challenge you in the secondary and hit Brady enough, I think we're one.

I wouldn't discount what Denver has done since the first few games- we played Tampa Bay, Baltimore (admittedly injury depleted, but even against the relatively healthy offense we dominated), San Diego (not great but those divisional rival games are always very tough, even KC in Arrowhead). We can't control our schedule, but in almost every win, we did it pretty convincingly. Early in the season when we lost a few games, the offense still did not have an identity and the chemistry Manning had with other guys was terrible.

Did you know the AFC West is by FAR the worst division in football? Look at the combined with/loss ratio of the teams that aren't Denver. It's #&@^ing pathetic.

Manning doesn't look sharp. He throws the most wobbly, ugly, high school looking passes I've seen this year. He choked like clockwork in the play offs and his defense has no answer for Tom Brady.

I hate Peyton Manning but I'm not being biased about his performance. He's an illusion. Put him in a real division throwing those ducks and he would have 50 interceptions already.

I really hope Patriots/Broncos is the AFC Championship game. It's been too long since we had a classic Brady vs. Peyton duel in the playoffs!

Last edited:
Did you know the AFC West is by FAR the worst division in football? Look at the combined with/loss ratio of the teams that aren't Denver. It's #&@^ing pathetic.

Manning doesn't look sharp. He throws the most wobbly, ugly, high school looking passes I've seen this year. He choked like clockwork in the play offs and his defense has no answer for Tom Brady.

I hate Peyton Manning but I'm not being biased about his performance. He's an illusion. Put him in a real division throwing those ducks and he would have 50 interceptions already.

Interesting. You do know he has throw 'ducks' that wobble like that his entire career, yes?

While throwing those 'ducks' he is going to go down as one of the best QBs to ever play the game.

Odd.

I really hope Patriots/Broncos is the AFC Championship game. It's been too long since we had a classic Brady vs. Peyton duel in the playoffs!

You guys scare the hell out of me, not going to lie. While I don't think we'll get destroyed like a lot of your fans think, you still scare me. Home field will be key in this game I think.

It would be one hell of a game!

They wn't meet in the afc chamionship....unless houston does a monumental choke in the divisional round.

anyone have the brady stat...W-L record IN denver? isn't it like 5-6 or something like that

but they have manning this year...much different

I wonder how peyton manning will do in the cold denver cold high altitude of his own home stadium.

Peyton has played all his home playoff games indoors and will most likely have difficult time adjusting.

I wonder how peyton manning will do in the cold denver cold high altitude of his own home stadium.

Peyton has played all his home playoff games indoors and will most likely have difficult time adjusting.

Your logic has merit only if Peyton has been practicing indoors all the time and will head out to the cold stadium only to play the game.

Hope you are not implying the above.

By Jan, Peyton would have enough time to practice @ his home stadium and know what will work and will not in the cold weather.

Last edited:
i don't think peyton's a stupid guy

i'm sure he is ready for the cold via practicing in it

that said, if a blizzard hits, all bets are off haha

They are a good team, but they really haven't beaten anyone. I don't know if they can beat the elite teams in the playoffs. They are 1-3 against teams that currently have 9 or more wins and that win is against a Ravens' team that has lost three of its last four games. Ok, I crediting the Broncos with a win against the Ravens.

I keep seeing this argument getting thrown around and it doesn't make a lick of sense. The 2011 Patriots didn't "beat anyone" in the regular season, but still went to the Super Bowl.

The reason you shouldn't be afraid of their Broncos is due to their strengths and weaknesses. On defense, their secondary is their strength. Their corners are tough and are able to match up with any teams wide receivers. Their weakness is their ability to defend TE's. Guess who's coming back for the playoffs?

Interesting. You do know he has throw 'ducks' that wobble like that his entire career, yes?

While throwing those 'ducks' he is going to go down as one of the best QBs to ever play the game.

Odd.

Don't worry. You'll get well acquainted with the playoff version of Peyton Manning very soon.

You guys scare the hell out of me, not going to lie. While I don't think we'll get destroyed like a lot of your fans think, you still scare me. Home field will be key in this game I think.

It would be one hell of a game!

Barring a serious hiccup by your boys or an epic collapse by the Texans, said matchup is all but a certainty in the divisional round in Denver.

I keep seeing this argument getting thrown around and it doesn't make a lick of sense. The 2011 Patriots didn't "beat anyone" in the regular season, but still went to the Super Bowl.

The reason you shouldn't be afraid of their Broncos is due to their strengths and weaknesses. On defense, their secondary is their strength. Their corners are tough and are able to match up with any teams wide receivers. Their weakness is their ability to defend TE's. Guess who's coming back for the playoffs?

Exactly, why did we do so well against Hou they have average ILB and S just like Den. SF has studs and ILB and S (plus we didn't have Gronk) tough match up for us.

The Patriots own the middle of the field if all you strength is on the edge (Miller Doom, Harris and Bailey) it does you no good.

Brady's last 3 games against Den

117 points scored, 72-99 comp/att 906 yards and 9-1 TD/INT. In the last game Den completely sold out to stop the pass and Ridley/Boldin had like 200 yards combined. Every team that scares me is in the NFC.

Your logic has merit only if Peyton has been practicing indoors all the time and will head out to the cold stadium only to play the game.

Hope you are not implying the above.

By Jan, Peyton would have enough time to practice @ his home stadium and know what will work and will not in the cold weather.

There's a reason peyton manning is 9-10 in the playoffs. January denver winter weather is different from what peyton manning has faced this season.

Playoff peyton is not the same as regular peyton.

Depending on the kickoff time, daytime temps in Denver in January aren't that bad. Something like a average high around 50°. When the sun goes down, it is a different story....

The NE Tightends are always a major concern. I think DJ Williams being back and Wesley Woodyard playing at a high level will be the only real option. I think the old adage "you can't stop them, you can only hope to contain them" comes into play.

Regardless, if Denver is able to win out and the rematch with NE comes to fruition, I am glad it will be in Denver regardless of weather conditions.

broncos are peaking at the right time...yet their opponents are making them do that...so not sure what to think about them. pats are still the better team of course but broncos are up there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News