PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Broncos look good.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
They wn't meet in the afc chamionship....unless houston does a monumental choke in the divisional round.

That is correct, unless the Vikings beat the Texans this weekend. While unlikely, it is possible. The Vikings still have a shot at making the playoffs at 10-6 and Adrian Peterson is on a mission to get the single season mark - 2107. The Vikings have some good wins (San Francisco, Chicago, Lions 2X), so the potential is there.

The Pats hold the tiebreaker head-to-head, so it's not completely in the bag for the Texans right now. Vikings-Colts at Indy is a somewhat tougher deal than Jags, Dolphins.

Last edited:
The Denver D in week 15 is a lot different then that in week 5 and especially the D from last year. Don't get me wrong, I still believe NE is the top of the AFC but Denver is a better team then most on this board seem willing to admit despite the strength (or lack there of) of schedule. I know this is a NE board so that is to be expected:) I am just hoping Denver can get through these last 2 games with minimal injuries and a couple of wins. The Pats have to be considered better then the Broncos as they have beaten them once this year. Not much to argue there but hoping there is a rematch:D

They may be different but they came off the field in Foxboro saying they had no answers for the Patriots offense and I don't see how that has changed at all. The personel is the same and if they go big the Patriots will throw all over them and if they go small the Patriots will run all over them. Imo the ony thing that will change that is better players, and that won't happen this year. In NE or Denver i like the Patriots even if Manning puts up 30. I just don't believe Denver can stop Brady and the Patriots offense.

Last edited:
I think the Broncos are the 2nd best team in the AFC (after the Pats) and, of all the QB's in the league I'd least like to see this Pats defense face, it is Peyton. Especially at mile high.

In the NFL its all about matchups between teams...thats why the Redskins can continuously beat the Giants but we struggle against them...

or how the Steelers have(or had) one of the best defenses in the NFL but the Pats have historically owned the steelers defense.

I just don't think that Denver's defense matches up well with our offense...especially with Gronkowski back.

Last edited:
I just don't think that Denver's defense matches up well with our offense...especially with Gronkowski back.

One of the better D's for us to go against actually. very mismatched

The Broncos are right now exactly what we all thought they would be back in week 5: feasting on an incredibly weak schedule.

There's a lot of delusional Bronco fans in a state of euphoria over their nine game winning streak. They've been playing teams like the Raiders, the 2-12 Chiefs, Philip Rivers, and so they think they're pretty fancy stuff right now. The best part is, I've watched a lot of Denver games, and despite playing the bottom feeders of the NFL, their performances haven't even been that convincing. Pretty mediocre, honestly.

Every time Denver plays the Patriots it's the same thing (the same thing with a lot of teams). They completely forget all the other encounters, talk themselves into a frenzy, talk about how they're going to do X, Y, and Z to beat us, and than the game is over by the 2nd quarter and they're all on their forums crying about how much they hate Brady.

Just gonna' be more of the same.

Denver? *yawn*

Last edited:
hard to blame denver fans

9 wins in a row is damn good regardless of who they played

they are the hottest team in football right now

The Broncos are right now exactly what we all thought they would be back in week 5: feasting on an incredibly weak schedule.

The Donko's are the AFC Falcons, as far as schedules go. They're good, but, Pats are superior. The Pats just played the best defense in the NFL. Almost came back to win it.

The Donko's are the AFC Falcons, as far as schedules go. They're good, but, Pats are superior. The Pats just played the best defense in the NFL. Almost came back to win it.

i thought the pats were playing the best football but getting down 31-3

that's an issue

There's a lot of delusional Bronco fans in a state of euphoria over their nine game winning streak. They've been playing teams like the Raiders, the 2-12 Chiefs, Philip Rivers, and so they think they're pretty fancy stuff right now. The best part is, I've watched a lot of Denver games, and despite playing the bottom feeders of the NFL, their performances haven't even been that convincing. Pretty mediocre, honestly.

Every time Denver plays the Patriots it's the same thing (the same thing with a lot of teams). They completely forget all the other encounters, talk themselves into a frenzy, talk about how they're going to do X, Y, and Z to beat us, and than the game is over by the 2nd quarter and they're all on their forums crying about how much they hate Brady.

Just gonna' be more of the same.

Denver? *yawn*

Truth.com

that's an issue

And then they come back, showing no quit. What other teams can you say that about?

They may be different but they came off the field in Foxboro saying they had no answers for the Patriots offense and I don't see how that has changed at all. The personel is the same and if they go big the Patriots will throw all over them and if they go small the Patriots will run all over them. Imo the ony thing that will change that is better players, and that won't happen this year. In NE or Denver i like the Patriots even if Manning puts up 30. I just don't believe Denver can stop Brady and the Patriots offense.

They maybe had no answers, but at the end it was still in the Broncos's hand to take the lead. They were killing the Pats defense with that no huddle just like the Pats did this weekend in the second half against the niners, and it came down to a fumbled ball.

Denver could have easily won that game. And that Denver team was totally different compared to this. Also, this "who they lost to" argument is totally lame. If Baltimore wins 1 more game then the Broncos will have a 1-3 record against teams with 10+ wins. while New England will drop to 2-3.

And if Seattle wins 1 more then the Pats actually drop to 2-4 against teams with 10+ wins.

So there is a good chance than in two weeks that argument is gonna become totally irrelevant, because the Broncos would have a better record than the Pats against who you consider "somebody".

The way i see it, you guys have a great team, with clearly the best offense in the league, but the Broncos' offense is actually also top 5, with a top 5 defense to go with... It can go either way, especially if it's in Denver. That Broncos team is probably the most complete team in the league.

That might, or might not be enough, but writing them off completely? I don't get that coc.kiness. If i wouldn't know better, and i was reading these forums, i'd think you guys won that 3 championship in the last 4-5 years, and not between 2002-2005, with the last one being almost a decade old. The Pats can go all the way, no one sane can deny that, but they are far from unbeatable. If you guys would have a top 3 top 5 defense, like in the early 2000's, it would be game over, total domination, no question. But that is not the case.

Last edited:

that's an issue

The fact that San Fran "allowed" us to get back into it...is equally concerning to them I am sure. I think the fact that the Pats had the heart and focus to fight their way back against a very good defense and ALMOST win it.....shows alot of great character that should serve them well in the playoffs. In all honesty, and no offense meant, can you see Philip Rivers and the Chargers fighting their way back like that? I was going to include Norv in that sentence but we know he is on his way out...

If the Pats play Denver - then just add Richard Kiel to the 53 for the game and have him in for the first play. Sure he's ancient now but I'm thinking it must not be too hard to break Mannings f-ing neck these days. :D

Last edited:
I look at it this way........

the pats have the ability to beat anyone, anywhere......if everyone brings their A games, the pats come out on top everywhere.

If the pats don't win out it is simply because they did not come close to playing the way they are capable of playing.

the pats played like idiots in the first half against the niners.....actually, they only played about 15-20 miinutes of decent football........a full 60 would have made the niners look like the rams.......same with seattle......same with anyone.

it now comes down to #12.....if he plays scared, the pats are screwed regardless of what the defense does.

They maybe had no answers, but at the end it was still in the Broncos's hand to take the lead. They were killing the Pats defense with that no huddle just like the Pats did this weekend in the second half against the niners, and it came down to a fumbled ball.

Denver could have easily won that game. And that Denver team was totally different compared to this. Also, this "who they lost to" argument is totally lame. If Baltimore wins 1 more game then the Broncos will have a 1-3 record against teams with 10+ wins. while New England will drop to 2-3.

And if Seattle wins 1 more then the Pats actually drop to 2-4 against teams with 10+ wins.

So there is a good chance than in two weeks that argument is gonna become totally irrelevant, because the Broncos would have a better record than the Pats against who you consider "somebody".

The way i see it, you guys have a great team, with clearly the best offense in the league, but the Broncos' offense is actually also top 5, with a top 5 defense to go with... It can go either way, especially if it's in Denver. That Broncos team is probably the most complete team in the league.

That might, or might not be enough, but writing them off completely? I don't get that coc.kiness. If i wouldn't know better, and i was reading these forums, i'd think you guys won that 3 championship in the last 4-5 years, and not between 2002-2005, with the last one being almost a decade old. The Pats can go all the way, no one sane can deny that, but they are far from unbeatable. If you guys would have a top 3 top 5 defense, like in the early 2000's, it would be game over, total domination, no question. But that is not the case.

yes we are no lock for the AFC Championship, but we have had played solid . . . not to split hairs but NE is 2-2 presently against teams with 10 wins (Arizona only has 5 wins) and we could look at the 9 win teams two ways, presently we are 1-1 against them (indy-sea) so depending on how they go we could be 3-2 or 2-3 . . . and we are 2-0 against teams with 11 wins and 2-2 against division leaders with Denver being 0-2 (and 0-3 if we win Sunday) and 1-3 respectively . . .

so we can look at it 6 ways to Sunday, but the bottom line is against Division leaders and the cream of the crop, and more importantingly, teams that will likely go deep in the playoffs, the Pats have a better record against . . . so you can take that for what it is worth . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Back