PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Broncos look good.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, except for Moreno's rushing. He looked good.

The Ravens have struggled against the run all year. Coming into this game, they were the 24th ranked run defense. Moreno ran well against the 25th ranked run defense last week. Both defenses were depleted by injuries. I wouldn't be so quick to say that Moreno has emerged just yet. Let's see how he does vs. Cleveland who are slightly better at 17.

good points....but don't you think Denver has looked pretty darned tough the past few games? They just seem to be the team flying under the radar right now but playing some good football.

I don't know if you can say the Broncs are flying under radar. Most power rankings seem to have them top 4, if not 2nd best in the NFL.

I do agree Manning has progressed in this offense, but the Ravens have played penalty ridden football all year, have lost their defense, and now need to lean on the offense (a very tall order). It is hard to believe that, despite the miserable start by the Pats defensively, the Ravens have given up more points and the same average yards per game as the Pats to date. In recent weeks, the Ravens just look lost (and very similar to the Chargers overall).

The Ravens have struggled against the run all year. Coming into this game, they were the 24th ranked run defense. Moreno ran well against the 25th ranked run defense last week. Both defenses were depleted by injuries. I wouldn't be so quick to say that Moreno has emerged just yet. Let's see how he does vs. Cleveland who are slightly better at 17.

"Emerged?" I don't know what that means. I said Moreno looked good...and he did. I don't care who he was playing against; the guy kept pushing the pile and picking up yards after contact. That's a good performance.

"Emerged?" I don't know what that means. I said Moreno looked good...and he did. I don't care who he was playing against; the guy kept pushing the pile and picking up yards after contact. That's a good performance.

But you said this game said something about him. To me it says he performed well against a bad run defense with a lot of players out where they were down to starting their third string ILB for Ray Lewis. I don't think it is a statement about him at all.

Hate to say it....But Manning looks really sharp and their defense looks tough....they are starting to peak at the right time with Moreno running well. I don't think Houston is our primary competition for a trip back to SB any longer....Donks will be tough to beat second time around...

Thought that game was much more a case of the Ravens playing so poorly especially on offense. Absolutely brutal 1st half by Joe Flacco. 2 TO's that cost his team 10 pts in the 1st half. Actually Flacco cost his own team even more than 10 pts. because the Ravens would have gotten points (even a FG) had he not thrown the pick 6 at the 5 yd line just before the 1st half. Cam Cameron has to be laughing long and hard right now. Joe Flacco is a stiff. Look for the Ravs to move on from him after this season. You want to talk about a franchise that has wasted the prime years of its' core players.....meet the Ravens.
Denver is good but I don't fear them at all.

Last edited:
But you said this game said something about him. To me it says he performed well against a bad run defense with a lot of players out where they were down to starting their third string ILB for Ray Lewis. I don't think it is a statement about him at all.

"Emerged?" "Statement?" "Said something?" Jeez, building some stawmen, there buddy? Wanna put any more words in my mouth?

LOL. I said the guy looked good. He did. He was physical, made yards after contact, and had quite a few plays where he pushed the pile.

"Emerged?" "Statement?" "Said something?" Jeez, building some stawmen, there buddy? Wanna put any more words in my mouth?

LOL. I said the guy looked good. He did. He was physical, made yards after contact, and had quite a few plays where he pushed the pile.

Sorry, I may have read too much into it. But you were responding to a post that basically saying this was a statement on Ravens, not to the Broncos. So I figured you were saying it was a statement of some sort.

Keep in mind that after the Patriots loss they had the easiest remaining schedule in the NFL. All they have left is the Chiefs and Browns. Patriots really need to win today.

Sorry, I may have read too much into it. But you were responding to a post that basically saying this was a statement on Ravens, not to the Broncos. So I figured you were saying it was a statement of some sort.

I don't know where you are you getting the phrase "statement" or "emerged" from; but the quote you are referring to is, like, eight posts up. It was made by patsfan13. It's pretty straight-foward. He said:

"This game was more about the Ravens collapse than anything to do with the Bronc's"

I agreed. Except for Knowshon. That guy looked.....good.

Broncos look good, but the Ravens did a great job making them look even better. The game reminded me of when I used to watch WWF when McMahon would give one of his up and coming wrestlers a "push" and his opponents would make him look great. It was like the Ultimate Warrior vs Honkey Tonk Man when Warrior took his belt.

Broncos might as well played the Chiefs tonight. These are not Ravens we played in week 3. That team is done, and will be lucky to even end up in the playoffs.

Manning is good, their defense has improved, but they are still not a match to the Pats.

The biggest threat to the Pats right now are the Niners (in the form of costing us the #2 seed). Pass that, the next real threat is whatever NFC team we end up playing in the Super Bowl (assuming we make it of course).

Broncos might as well played the Chiefs tonight. These are not Ravens we played in week 3. That team is done, and will be lucky to even end up in the playoffs.

Manning is good, their defense has improved, but they are still not a match to the Pats.

The biggest threat to the Pats right now are the Niners (in the form of costing us the #2 seed). Pass that, the next real threat is whatever NFC team we end up playing in the Super Bowl (assuming we make it of course).

I don't know if I would go that far. I would say the Pats are the class of the AFC right now, but there are several teams that can beat the Pats in the playoffs if they play a near perfect game and the Pats don't play their A game. I think if the Pats play their A game with little or no mistakes, they can beat anyone in the AFC no matter if they have to play two playoff games on the road.

I don't know if I would go that far. I would say the Pats are the class of the AFC right now, but there are several teams that can beat the Pats in the playoffs if they play a near perfect game and the Pats don't play their A game. I think if the Pats play their A game with little or no mistakes, they can beat anyone in the AFC no matter if they have to play two playoff games on the road.

That's what I meant. All things equal, and every AFC team plays their A game, Pats can handle any of them. Wait till Gronk is back.

They have an even easier Schedule than the Pats and play in an easier division.

The Patriots would have hung 50 on the Ravens if they played them today. The Ravens have been falling apart for 3-4 games now and the Broncos couldn't have faced them at a better time. Flacco had a QB rating below 1!!!!!

I'm not scared of the Broncos at all. Brady completely owns their defense.

Also - people say Manning has gotten better throughout the year - well so has the Pats' defense (their secondary at least)

Last edited:
I agreed. Except for Knowshon. That guy looked.....good.
And Ed Reed did not. Ouch.

But you know we should not lower ourselves to "splainin" away the Broncos by denigrating their opponents. Isn't that the biggest complaint against the Patriots over the years? "Hey, you play in a weak division", blah blah.

Just accept that the Broncos are a winning organization and on the prowl. I think it makes great theater. It could not get better than the Broncos in the AFCCG. I know that's a long way off but I'm just being a fan here, just saying that there could not be a bigger ratings bonanza for fans and the network than that AFCCG. That has sex appeal, storylines all over the lot, with two head to head MVP candidates going at it. It's a dream matchup.

I don't care where it's played either. I care about the outcome only. Screw the venue (except the preference to have our own fans have that night out for a great game.)

hopefully they don't look good when we play them in denver becasue that's where the pats will be playing them if they win 1st game...

After tonight's performance I fear no team in the AFC. Denver, Houston, bring it. We're going back to New Orleans.

After tonight's performance I fear no team in the AFC. Denver, Houston, bring it. We're going back to New Orleans.

i fear denver...IN denver more than houston in houston

In Foxboro? Agreed.

On the road? Toss up. This is such a huge loss with all things considered.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes