PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Broncos: Easiest path to the #1 seed ever?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pats have a tremendous Offense man, no question. Denver's is pretty good too!
The difference in this game is that Manning will run the no huddle and I think with the mile high noise Brady will struggle with that. The high altitude makes it difficult to run the ball all game long which by the 3rd quarter will limit NE's run game and they'll be forced to pass it.

This game will essentially be a shoot-out between Manning and Brady and I think with Denver's pass rush coming off the edge late in the game we will wear NE down.

IF this matchup does happen I would say 36-24 Denver

The Pats haven't lost by double digits in over two full seasons....

Yeah man thats with Tebow going 3 and out every single play. Manning running the no huddle and keeping NE's defense on the field in high altitude is a completely different scenario man.

Bronco's had two real 3 and out's that game. So no Tebow was not going 3 and out every single time.

The Pats haven't lost by double digits in over two full seasons....

Yep i know, its a bold call. If this game was played anywhere else I would say it was a toss up. In foxborough NE wins. In Denver with Manning, Denver wins easier than most think.

Completely agree, Belichick is the best and Del Rio and Fox have had little-No success against him. If this game was in foxborough i would say NE wins. Im just taking Denver (not because i'm a fan), has more to do with how the odds stack up with our balanced team and the fact that it is in Denver with Manning running that offense.

Whatever happens it will be a great matchup.

I agree that if these two teams meet it will be a great game and one decided within 7 points of less for sure.

Brady vs. Manning,has been almost everytime a close affair where the winner is not known until the final minutes of the game,I compare Tom and Peyton clashes to the Steelers/Ravens games....there is rarely an assured outcome until the clock says 0:00.

For me to fully be worried about playing Denver is having to see them for the first time all season in the divisional round,dominate a team with a winning record not named the Ravens who have been decimated on defense for a few months now....I am hoping Denver plays Indy to give them even more cupcakes to beat until the AFCCG (Indy is the weakest team in the AFC playoffs).

Yeah man thats with Tebow going 3 and out every single play. Manning running the no huddle and keeping NE's defense on the field in high altitude is a completely different scenario man.

The problem with this line of thinking is that Manning runs the team into the ground more often than he runs the no huddle successfully in the playoffs. I can forgive you for it though. You haven't watched a Manning playoff game from the eyes of a fan yet.

EDIT: Oh, and the Pats would steamroll Baltimore in a re-match, assuming health. The Pats were well on their way to blowing the Ravens out in Week 3 before some bad execution on a couple of drives and the zebras decided that appeasing the crowd was better than calling the game competently.

Last edited:
I agree that if these two teams meet it will be a great game and one decided within 7 points of less for sure.

Brady vs. Manning,has been almost everytime a close affair where the winner is not known until the final minutes of the game,I compare Tom and Peyton clashes to the Steelers/Ravens games....there is rarely an assured outcome until the clock says 0:00.

For me to fully be worried about playing Denver is having to see them for the first time all season in the divisional round,dominate a team with a winning record not named the Ravens who have been decimated on defense for a few months now....I am hoping Denver plays Indy to give them even more cupcakes to beat until the AFCCG (Indy is the weakest team in the AFC playoffs).

Yeah, tbh i wish we had faced the Falcons and the texans and even you guys later in the season as opposed to earlier when Manning was getting to know the offense but i guess one thing you cannot say is that we have lost to anyone we should have beat.

NE has lost to the Cardinals in Foxborough and the jags ran you guys pretty close. At this stage in the season that isnt too encouraging.

Yeah, tbh i wish we had faced the Falcons and the texans and even you guys later in the season as opposed to earlier when Manning was getting to know the offense but i guess one thing you cannot say is that we have lost to anyone we should have beat.

NE has lost to the Cardinals in Foxborough and the jags ran you guys pretty close. At this stage in the season that isnt too encouraging.

Whats your point? The broncos beat cincinatti, KC and TB by 8 points (1 TD p,us 2 point conversion)

The Cardinals game was in September. How is that "this stage of the season"?

Thats true, but running the no huddle with the electricity and noise of a post season game in Denver is a different scenario. You cant change the plays at the line of scrimmage if your team can't hear them.

Honestly you're making it sound as if no one has ever won in denver before. The patriots did pretty ok aganst the seahawks in seattle, which is far noisier than denver.

Whats your point? The broncos beat cincinatti, KC and TB by 8 points (1 TD p,us 2 point conversion)

How many points 'should' we have beaten them by?
A W is a W. I was merely pointing out that unlike NE we haven't lost to anyone we should have beaten.

If the Texans beat Cincy and Ravens beat the Colts it will be the Patriots who play the higher seed not Denver. Therefore it is NE that will be playing Houston. We will no doubt host the Ravens.

I honestly see Cincy beating Houston and the Ravens taking out Indy. Denver will beat Cincy in Denver and I see you guys losing to a rejuvenated Ravens team - eager to make the SB in Ray's last year.

You wish that. Don't you! You frauds are worried that we come to your house and beat the **** out of you.

Go away and come back when we play you if you get past the Divisonal round.

It's funny how Manning and the pretty much healthly Broncos go to KC and struggle and it is a gutsy victory for them. Pats go down to Jacksonville with the defense in a preseason like rotation, offense struggles but still puts up 23 points (which is right about the NFL average) and it's looked at as bad.

Last edited:
You wish that. Don't you! You frauds are worried that we come to your house and beat the **** out of you.

Go away and come back when we play you if you get past the Divisonal round.

Ravens scare me way more than NE and we already kicked the cr@p out of Baltimore a couple weeks ago! It is YOU who will struggle against Cincy man.

It's funny how Manning and the pretty much healthly Broncos go to KC and struggle and it is a gutsy victory for them. Pats go down to Jacksonville with the defense in a preseason like rotation, offense struggles but still puts up 23 points (which is right about the NFL average) and it's looked at as bad.

KC at arrowhead is always a tough game - records go out the window man.
But like i said a Win is a Win. How do you explain the Cardinals loss?

Ravens scare me way more than NE and we already kicked the cr@p out of Baltimore a couple weeks ago! It is YOU who will struggle against Cincy man.

uh Pats can't play Cincinnati at all in the playoffs.

It's clear this guy is nothing but a troll. Time to block him.

uh Pats can't play Cincinnati at all in the playoffs.

It's clear this guy is nothing but a troll. Time to block him.

Texans I mean...

Wow, you like your discussion boards with limited opinions I see.
Thats positive man!

Honestly you're making it sound as if no one has ever won in denver before. The patriots did pretty ok aganst the seahawks in seattle, which is far noisier than denver.

And with a far better defense than Denver has.

I wonder how many Pats fans are posting on Broncos boards trying to build up their confidence in their team's chances, before we even know who our first opponent is.

Last edited:

Beating a 2-14 team BARELY can be alarming to some,but what fans from other teams fail to see was that there was a gruesome 3 game series for the Pats of which included 2 teams in SF and Houston that were considered two of the top 3 teams in the NFL at the time.

The Pats were on prime time 2 weeks in a row against these teams,the Houston game in which the offense went crazy and scored bunches and the SF game where the offense didn't wake up until the 4th quarter and that was the most physical game of the year bar none and definately took a lot out of the team as injuries also mounted along the way.

Now take those 2 games aside and go on the road to the next team,a 2-14 scrub team that few teams worry about and you can see it was more of taking the Jags a little lightly than there worry about that game being a 'problem' going into the playoffs.

There will not be any more slacking off i assure you,I would guarantee that Belichick lit up into his boys in the locker room after that Jags game like it was a loss and warned them that another lackluster performance was going to end their season.

I don't expect slow starts to any playoff game from this bunch and I expect a full hearted effort and opposing teams better be at their best because the Pats will be bringing the kitchen sink to whomever they play until their season is over.

You want to beat the Patriots? then you better out perform them because they won't likely be turning the ball over or playing like its a Pro bowl game again this season.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday