PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Broncos: Easiest path to the #1 seed ever?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did I miss something?? This is JI level stuff right here.

No you're correct, I was wrong about the Stokes playing for Pats thing. He played for the Giants and was cut after 2 games. I guess I got them confused because earlier in the season Dan Foutes was talking about how he missed out on a chance to get to the super bowl so I just switched the teams in my head. Anywho, this is getting more pointless by the minute. Stats are just stats and always can be refuted by other stats, which you all are good at. The GOAT debate will always remain a debate. I have my reasons to believe Manning is the better of the 2 regardless of whether either is the actually Goat and you all have reasons to believe otherwise. However I'm not a fan of being called a mongoloid or anything and I believe it's this type of behavior that makes the rest of the league loathe Pat fans. I'd love having debate over issues that are more cement that the clearly opinion bases GOAT discussions, but not if it has to be with a fan base that gets off on believing they are superior than others simply for being fans of a team. I would love to invite you all to our boards and (if you're not too good for them) and hope you receive fonder treatment than that which you have shown me here. Thanks.

Stokley's performed just above his average career seasonal performance this season with the Broncos. That's cutting edge rhetoric.

I get the feeling Patsfans has been infiltrated by butthurt Jets fans masquerading as opposition fans. If these recent joins are indeed Broncos fans, I feel sorry for future Broncos fans who are going to come here to debate football on its merit.

Rats fans aren't going to waste their time here on a Pats board when they have their own exciting prospects and bright future to discuss on their own boards.

Oh yeah, you're right!

Sorry...

Carry on.

No you're correct, I was wrong about the Stokes playing for Pats thing. He played for the Giants and was cut after 2 games. I guess I got them confused because earlier in the season Dan Foutes was talking about how he missed out on a chance to get to the super bowl so I just switched the teams in my head. Anywho, this is getting more pointless by the minute. Stats are just stats and always can be refuted by other stats, which you all are good at. The GOAT debate will always remain a debate. I have my reasons to believe Manning is the better of the 2 regardless of whether either is the actually Goat and you all have reasons to believe otherwise. However I'm not a fan of being called a mongoloid or anything and I believe it's this type of behavior that makes the rest of the league loathe Pat fans. I'd love having debate over issues that are more cement that the clearly opinion bases GOAT discussions, but not if it has to be with a fan base that gets off on believing they are superior than others simply for being fans of a team. I would love to invite you all to our boards and (if you're not too good for them) and hope you receive fonder treatment than that which you have shown me here. Thanks.

You weren't looking for honest debate. I've been on Broncos boards. I actually post on one. Most Broncos posters are pretty cool. You chose another path. You were trolling.

No you're correct, I was wrong about the Stokes playing for Pats thing. He played for the Giants and was cut after 2 games. I guess I got them confused because earlier in the season Dan Foutes was talking about how he missed out on a chance to get to the super bowl so I just switched the teams in my head. Anywho, I'm seriously getting my butt kicked by the minute. Stats are just stats and always can be refuted by other stats, which you all are good at. The GOAT debate will always remain a debate. I have my reasons to believe Manning is the better of the 2 regardless of whether either is the actually Goat and you all have reasons to believe otherwise. However I'm not a fan of being called a mongoloid or anything and I believe it's this type of behavior that makes the rest of the league loathe Pat fans. I'd love having debate over issues that are more cement that the clearly opinion bases GOAT discussions, but not if it has to be with a fan base that gets off on believing they are superior than others simply for being fans of a team. I would love to invite you all to our boards and (if you're not too good for them) and hope you receive fonder treatment than that which you have shown me here. Thanks.

Fixed your post.

:cool:

its not our problem other fan bases loathe ours because we support the most successful organization this century. most of their reasons are dumb and ignorant, much like yours.

Well, lets hope you have learned a lesson about how to behave, so when you find out who your next opponent is you don't go their board and act like an idiot there too. And if you win that one, perhaps you will come back here just a bit more mature.

Hypocritical post of the day..:idontgetit: Perhaps you should check your own fan base.

Last edited:

You are also wrong about just about everything else you presented. i want you to defend all the stuff you pulled out of your ***.

Who has said that they are not concerned?

I don't recall reading that here.

I think the Pats have every reason to believe they have an excellent chance of coming out on top if they play the Broncos? (I don't assume anything, we have another game to worry about first.)

Do you think the Pats and their fans should despair about playing the Denver juggernaut?

Are Broncos fans concerned about Cincinnati, Baltimore, or Indianapolis or are wins against them a given?

plenty... but as a broncos fan i will notice something like that a lot more than you would... thats understandable...

and i never said anything about despair, in fact i started my post saying that Pats fans have reason to be confident...

i was just giving you another perspective to think about...

I was wondering...did the Broncos have their banner raising ceremony for their power ranking yet?

Then why did they let Dennis Pitta go 7 for 125 and 2 TD.

i dont think one players performance in a blow out win changes my point... you woulnt be cherry picking would you

anyway most of that came on a garbage time TD at the end of the game...

but i think the better answer is the guy had a good game... it happens but the denver defense over the reg season has been terrific, and they were terrific against Baltimore... aside from that atrocious 2nd TD mthey allowed Pitta...

Nice post good to see an adult Broncos fan.

Why I am confident if we play Denver: Manning, Fox and Del Rio. I'm Not a fan of playing there, but Belichick and Brady have owned those three in the playoffs. With Manning winning once in the playoffs and needed a whole lot to bounce his way to do it.

thanks...

and i admit that argument has good logic to it...

fair enough...

Troll exposure.
You call yourself a Bronco fan and don't know Stokely was never a Patriot and attribute Rod Smith's career to Elway who he played a small part of his career with.:rolleyes:

"nextgenbronco" or whatever it is, explains it all. Prolly jumped in on the Tebow bandwagon. He's just a 12-15 yr old bitter because the Pats brought that to an abrubt end.

Very good post. I hope (if we play) you come back and contribute more. You err in only one area. Don't let the confidence Pats fans show, for lack of concern. Far from it. The Broncos are stiff test, especially at Mile High (or whatever its called now) But we have reason to believe that if the Broncos bring their A game and the Pats play their A game, the Pats are likely to win. But there's nothing set in stone. There are lots of things that have nothing to do with which team is best that can affect the results of the game, especially when, regardless of which team you support, the difference between the 2 is so small.

Nice job

thanks... another fair post that i have respect for agree with at about a 95% clip...

and i will comeback win or lose (granted our teams play)...

if you knew me you'd know there's a better chance i will return to post if we lose than if we win... i'm not the type to try and rub things in on opposing fans boards... i consider that trolling...

Brady plays in the greatest system of all-time. He's a great quarterback, he throws the ball well, has poise and accuracy, and has had plenty of success.
But...
Ultimately, he is somewhat a puppet of BB, plays consistantly with some of the best recievers in the game. Has AMAZING TE's to dump it off to if all else fails, yet does little to direct or lead his team. In his case, that's the coaches job. There is a reason Matt Cassell looked all pro on a stacked team and that is ANY competent QB can play like a hall of famer on that team.
Whereas...
Manning has played on 2 teams with what started out as unproven teammates, especially at the WR position, and MADE them into household names with HIS system. His offense has always been prolific despite major roster changes and changing teams and he would have been more successful in the past if it werent for some really bad Colts defenses.
Alas,
Most of the knocks against Brady arent his fault, but certainly deminish the argument for him being in the GOAT conversation.

see i just don't agree with this type of discussion strategy...

Brady is clearly in the conversation for greatest ever.... no need to try and discredit Brady to prop Manning... Manning has plenty of terrific accomplishments you can illustrate to make a case for him...

no need to down Brady's career... he's been incredible as well...

Well I thought that my post earlier this afternoon would be a nice finish to a thread I thought had gone on too long already. Clearly I was mistaken. :eek: So about 8 pages later, I decided if you can't beat them, join them. ;) Here is my contribution to the statistical barrage.

I know Denver fans are putting a great deal of hope of an eventual victory over the Pats on more than Peyton Manning. And why not? According to NFL.com, the Broncos were ranked #2 in total defense, and with the Pats ranking #25 against Denver's 4th ranked offense, who wouldn't be confident.

But I want to offer these facts. The Pats have played 6 games against 5 teams who rank in the top 10 in total defense. (Texans, Broncos, Niners, Seahawks, and Jets ) In those games against the top defenses in the league the Pats scored, (in order of appearance) 31, 23, 29, 49, 42, and 34.

The point is that the Pats have done VERY well (especially in the second half of the season) against some of the BEST defenses in the league. I don't doubt the quality of Denver defense,.....Neither did I doubt the quality of the Niner, Texan, and Jets defenses.

The other point concerns the Denver home field advantage. There is no doubt that its a very difficult place to come in and win. However that advantage could very quickly be mitigated by a bad weather day. Tom Brady is arguably the best bad weather QB in the history of game. Peyton Manning has played most of his games in a dome, and has had some very bad experiences in bad weather. Thus far this season (IIRC) Manning hasn't had to play in bad weather.

If the 2 teams play, it will be on January 21st. Denver fans can tell us what the weather is likely to be mid winter in Denver. We both know it's at best 50-50 that it will be a nice day. And if it isn't that home field advantage will quickly become a home field DIS-advantage. Think about it.

excellent points... the weather is definitely something i won't know how he does until he plays but what we both know for sure is the elements don't affect Brady at all....

and your point about NE against top defenses is excellent as well... i can't really give an even equal retort... what i will say though is that Denver's pass rush may be the difference though (and yes i understand that Denver's game is included in your analysis)... Denver's pass rush was nuetralised by your run game lasst time... Denver has different personnel so maybe that makes the difference (maybe)...

Denver's defense has played against some top offenses... of the highest 15 scoring teams, Denver has faced 7 of them and won 4... losing the 1st three and winning the last 4...

Meh. DEN is a damn good team. They were given a schedule and they put up a tremendous record- just like the Pats did last year.

Hypothetically, if they played BAL earlier in the year they may have lost. If they played HOU later in the year they would won. They did beat CIN on the road so that is a good win. All in all they deserve to be 13-3 and the #1 seed.

Are they a better team than the Pats? Since the Pats beat earlier in the year the answer is no. Of course DEN is a better team now but I believe the Pats are as well.

see i just don't agree with this type of discussion strategy...

Brady is clearly in the conversation for greatest ever.... no need to try and discredit Brady to prop Manning... Manning has plenty of terrific accomplishments you can illustrate to make a case for him...

no need to down Brady's career... he's been incredible as well...
...and there is not need to discredit Manning to prop up Brady. But this is what I don't understand about people who try and make the case that Manning has had a better career than Brady to this point. There just isn't any comparison. On 95% of the possible metrics Brady grades out better. What is the possible argument in Manning's favor?

Again no one is saying that Manning isn't great...Just not the greatEST. Besides the discussion shouldn't be about individuals. Football is the great TEAM sport. All the talk should be about the relative pros and cons about the TEAMS.....and really shouldn't begin for another 2 weeks (we hope)

Last edited:
Brady plays in the greatest system of all-time. He's a great quarterback, he throws the ball well, has poise and accuracy, and has had plenty of success.
But...
Ultimately, he is somewhat a puppet of BB, plays consistantly with some of the best recievers in the game. Has AMAZING TE's to dump it off to if all else fails, yet does little to direct or lead his team. In his case, that's the coaches job. There is a reason Matt Cassell looked all pro on a stacked team and that is ANY competent QB can play like a hall of famer on that team.
Whereas...
Manning has played on 2 teams with what started out as unproven teammates, especially at the WR position, and MADE them into household names with HIS system. His offense has always been prolific despite major roster changes and changing teams and he would have been more successful in the past if it werent for some really bad Colts defenses.
Alas,
Most of the knocks against Brady arent his fault, but certainly deminish the argument for him being in the GOAT conversation.

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    70.9 KB · Views: 109
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    57.7 KB · Views: 110
Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
Back