PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Broncos: Easiest path to the #1 seed ever?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep I'll be here to eat my crow, if that happens. Too bad it won't, and I'll still be here to drink everyone's tears :p

You should be concerned about Mannings arm. Something isnt right. His long passes were wobbly and floaters last weekend. It took circus catches to haul them in. The old Manning would throw a laser right on the numbers. Maybe the mile high air is making the ball sail up?

Im not sold on Moreno either, Magahee is a better RB.

Manning and the Broncos are playing great and I really believe there's not a team in the league they couldn't potentially beat, but the Patriots did beat them soundly this year, and fell a win short of clinching the first seed. Ultimately, a weaker schedule definitively worked to the Broncos advantage. If you can't admit that then you're just being a homer.

Pointing out that 7 of 10 losses are in one-and-done seasons isn't a redundancy, so I'm not sure why you two went there. Manning's had a 14 season career and has won double digit games in 12 of the 14 regular seasons, yet Manning has won 6 of his 9 playoff games in 2 seasons and is 3-9 over the course of the rest of his postseason career.

Great point. Take Eli and Elway. Eli is 8-0 in two years. In the other years, he's 0-4, with two of those as the #1 seed. Elway was 7-9 until he won his last 7 post season games. I mean you could make a case e was a part of the 3 biggest laughers in Super Bowl history.

I've enjoyed these guys. I left for Perth in 1999. Now I'm back and their careers are in the twilight. The fact is both have had seasons where they won and underachieved in the post season. Peyton has more. Even if you look at 3 of those games where special teams could have been directly responsible for them.

Pointing out that 7 of 10 losses are in one-and-done seasons isn't a redundancy, so I'm not sure why you two went there. Manning's had a 14 season career and has won double digit games in 12 of the 14 regular seasons, yet Manning has won 6 of his 9 playoff games in 2 seasons and is 3-9 over the course of the rest of his postseason career.

Except he didn't say that. Here, let me show you:

Fact: Brady in the playoffs is 0-2 in one and done years.

Technically it's impossible to have a win in a "one and done" year, so yes, it's a redundant statement. It's a selective statistic made to fit an agenda, kinda like the rest of your post.

Just say "Manning's career playoff record is 9-10" and be done with it.

The problem with your claim here is that this is not the part of his post that you quoted:

Fact: Manning, as stated above is 9-10 and 0-7 in those one and done years.

Really dude? I can do those kind of statistics too.

Fact: The team that scores the most points wins the game 100% of the time.

Technically it's impossible to have a win in a "one and done" year, so yes, it's a redundant statement.

If he'd mentioned the number of Manning's "one and done" years prior to the line you quoted, you'd have a point. Since he hadn't, you've got nothing, yet again.

Again, it's not redundant in what you quoted. You just screwed up your trolling, which isn't really surprising.

It's a selective statistic made to fit an agenda, kinda like the rest of your post.

My post wasn't "a selective statistic made to fit an agenda". It was a response to your really stupid post, completely in context and explaining why the person you'd erroneously ridiculed was right and you were wrong. The problem here is that you're trolling, but you're not capable of doing it while making valid points. Whether that's an intelligence issue for you, or just you displaying an inability to troll and think at the same time, is a question that you can answer for yourself.

Last edited:
The fair and accurate analysis is that Brady is 16-6 in the playoffs, with two of the six losses being the first playoff game his team faced that year,

while PManning is 9-10, with seven of the ten losses being the first playoff game his team faced that year.

Thus Manning is over 3 times more likely to have a one-and-done bow-out.

Asking Peyton Manning to lead you to three playoff wins in a row is like asking Shaquille O'Neal to swish 3 free throws in a row. It can happen, but it's rare as can be.

Technically it's impossible to have a win in a "one and done" year, so yes, it's a redundant statement. It's a selective statistic made to fit an agenda, kinda like the rest of your post.

That doesn't put it in the proper perspective. The fact that 7 times he went to the playoffs and didn't win a game is significant. But we all realize you guys are new to defending Manning over here, but this is old hat to us we have dealt with Colt fans for over a decade.

This might go a long way towards helping us understand our recent visitors from Colorado. :confused2:

Attachments

• broncos fan.jpg
    broncos fan.jpg
    16.2 KB · Views: 108
This might go a long way towards helping us understand our recent visitors from Colorado. :confused2:

They don't call it Mile 'HIGH' for nothing :cool:

Last edited:

Is that Kyle "Neckbeard" Orton?

The problem with your claim here is that this is not the part of his post that you quoted:
Are you dense? I used almost the exact same wording that I quoted, except replaced Brady with Manning and left out overall playoff record to make it more "selective" like he was doing.

It's not my fault you can't read.

If he'd mentioned the number of Manning's "one and done" years prior to the line you quoted, you'd have a point. Since he hadn't, you've got nothing, yet again.
This doesn't even make sense, and you're trying to change the subject to hide the fact that you're wrong. ANSWER THE ACTUAL QUESTION, is the bold not a redundant statement?

"Fact: Manning, as stated above is 9-10 and 0-7 in those one and done years."

If you say no you're an idiot, sorry. The wording is wrong. If he changed the wording around just a little bit it'd be fine, but he didn't, and you're grasping at straws trying to validate his statement and put me down.

My post wasn't "a selective statistic made to fit an agenda". It was a response to your really stupid post, completely in context and explaining why the person you'd erroneously ridiculed was right and you were wrong. The problem here is that you're trolling, but you're not capable of doing it while making valid points. Whether that's an intelligence issue for you, or just you displaying an inability to troll and think at the same time, is a question that you can answer for yourself.
Sign of person losing an argument: resort to lowly insults.

Are you dense? I used almost the exact same wording that I quoted, except replaced Brady with Manning and left out overall playoff record to make it more "selective" like he was doing.

It's not my fault you can't read.

I quoted the part you quoted. Under the given circumstances, the wording was not redundant. You're clowning yourself while trying to be a troll. It's pathetic and comical at the same time. You can't even get your trolling right.

Because it's impossible to get your wins any other way. Single elimination dictates that any year where you lose in the opening round makes it impossible to get any wins after that. Might as well just say he only has 9 playoff wins in 11 trips, means the same thing. Averaging less than one win per playoff appearance speaks for itself.

Last edited:
Because it's impossible to get your wins any other way. Single elimination dictates that any year where you lose in the opening round makes it impossible to get any wins after that. Might as well just say he only has 9 playoff wins in 11 trips, means the same thing. Averaging less than one win per playoff appearance speaks for itself.

You're incorrect on this. You can lose in your second round. That would be a loss, but not a one-and-done situation.

Why are people still responding to CYA_PATS_DEN>NE_2012AFCCG? It's clear he/she isn't here to debate football on its merit.

Before today I was haven't posted here for like 2 days, so ya, I think that counts as having "stopped posting."

And besides, not sure what my posting frequency has to do with wanting to talk football.

Lets talk football then

Do you really think Den has a chance to reach the superbowl? Fact is, they are an average team pretending to be contenders. They are only average because Manning is above average, but in the playoffs, history PROVES he falls to below average. 2012 AFC championship game? They will be lucky to buy tickets to watch the Pats beat which ever team is lucky enough to get that far.

Before today I was haven't posted here for like 2 days, so ya, I think that counts as having "stopped posting."

And besides, not sure what my posting frequency has to do with wanting to talk football.

You said out the idiots in place and your not in yours.

Football:
How has manning reached the SB? By a great D, Denver isn't great, they are like the pats. Look at Peyton's #'s, Brady has been better. Denver doesn't have the D to stop Tom, and how many point have we scored on you the last 3 times and in Denver. Not enough to touch us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey