PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bring on the Ravens

Status
Not open for further replies.
- I don't think the patriots can run on the ravens.

The only one capable of running on the ravens on this team is Stevan Ridley and due to his fumbling concerns last week (against a team one hell of alot less capable of stripping the ball than the ravens) he let us down in his audition to this game, Ridley also cant pick up the blitz like Faulk or BJGE can. if im the ravens, im completely ignore any run look the patriots give me and play the 3 guys you need to worry about, then pressure tom.

I agree it's going to be challenge running on the Ravens. Ridley will not get snaps due to his poor blitz pickup and fumbleitis. BGJE will be stuffed running up the middle against Ravens LB corps. But can the Ravens stop a squirrely little woodhead? How about Hernandez at RB taking off on the outside? We may even see what Polite can do.

I think we'll see a heavy pass orientated offensive game plan, which is the right thing to do against this Ravens D. Try to keep all attacks on the outside, and force Ngata/Lewis/Suggs to stratch out horizontally, which makes them less effective. But I wouldn't discount the run game completely...I wouldn't be surprised to see Woodhead and Hernandez used heavily for rushing attacks, with the trusty hands of BJGE/Faulk used to seal the deal at the goal line. I wouldn't be surprised if the Ravens D are overconfident that they'll contain our run up the middle, so if we start having any rushing success, that'll throw a serious wrench in their game plan.

Either way, what do either of those games matter?? It means nothing!

A loss is a loss. PIT proved that by playing great defense, you can be beaten.

WHAT??????? Now it doesn't matter? You were the one that said it did.

You said we faced one elite defense and suffered a "beatdown". I called your BS. It wasn't a beatdown, it was a very competitive game that we ended up losing in the last seconds. We had a TD called back and a botched FG that would have put the score even tighter or us ahead. Still, it was a nailbiter to the end, just like most of the other times we play them. The game was in-doubt with 25 seconds left to play.

I then said you played only one other offence that remotely resembles the Patriots and suffered a beatdown. There is no refuting that. San Diego fans were were headed to the exit midway through the 3rd because the game was over. 34-14 (with 7 of your point coming in garbage time) is a monumental beatdown.

Those are just the facts. I brought them up because you refuted them....... but now that I did...... "they don't matter anymore".

Convenient, aye? :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Fair enough.

This season his passing percentage sucked more than any. He has digressed and its evident. He has 18 TDs and 12 INTs in the reg season. I hear he asked for an extension from the Ravens and they turned him down.

Digressed?

Actually Webb had a pro bowl calibar year. I would say he was a top 5 CB this season.

Fair enough...like i said before...i'm not too familiar with the guy.

I'm still liking the matchup if the ravens plan on having just webb on him.

Well, I imagine it's because he is the number three, and Houston man handling our OL didnt allow us to spread it out.

We *shouldnt* have those same problem this week.

Just curious, if the Ravens are so good then why are they 1-6 against the Patriots during the Ray Lewis/ Tom Brady era?

Greg bedard who respect a lot in terms of film analysis via twitter

Yes and yes RT @SVN2010: Would ravens replicate what dolphins did in the first half at foxboro this yr ? that would be tough on pats

@SVN2010 I've been very impressed with what I've watched so far of the Ravens defense. Definitely best the Patriots have faced

Fair enough...like i said before...i'm not too familiar with the guy.

I'm still liking the matchup if the ravens plan on having just webb on him.

I agree. They would be commiting suicide if they try to use any of their DB's to cover Welker one on one. For most or alll of the game.

Last edited:
As I've made clear I'm a huge fan of Bedard - but I'm not sure this is the best D the Pats have faced this year. I'm in the process of rewatching the Texans game, and so far I'm unimpressed through a quarter or so of watching the Ravens D play.

A decent QB and decent offense would have beaten Baltimore this past Sunday - no doubt. Heck, the Texans with Schaub would've beaten Baltimore.

The Giants D certainly scares me more.

Last edited:
As I've made clear I'm a huge fan of Bedard - but I'm not sure this is the best D the Pats have faced this year. I'm in the process of rewatching the Texans game, and so far I'm unimpressed through a quarter or so of watching the Ravens D play.

A decent QB and decent offense would have beaten Baltimore this past Sunday - no doubt. Heck, the Texans with Schaub would've beaten Baltimore.

The Giants D certainly scares me more.

If they play the same defense yes .But doubt they will...Maybe they were conservative once they got the lead and didnt try too much on defense. This week, they will take their chances and get after brady...

If we lose it wont be because of Flacco, it would be their D having a great game especially against our O line and the Ravens being able to run the ball.

If they play the same defense yes .But doubt they will...Maybe they were conservative once they got the lead and didnt try too much on defense. This week, they will take their chances and get after brady...

They had a 4 point lead for nearly the entire 2nd half. That is not exactly a lead that you go prevent with. :confused:

WHAT??????? Now it doesn't matter? You were the one that said it did.

You said we faced one elite defense and suffered a "beatdown". I called your BS. It wasn't a beatdown, it was a very competitive game that we ended up losing in the last seconds. We had a TD called back and a botched FG that would have put the score even tighter or us ahead. Still, it was a nailbiter to the end, just like most of the other times we play them. The game was in-doubt with 25 seconds left to play.

I then said you played only one other offence that remotely resembles the Patriots and suffered a beatdown. There is no refuting that. San Diego fans were were headed to the exit midway through the 3rd because the game was over. 34-14 (with 7 of your point coming in garbage time) is a monumental beatdown.

Those are just the facts. I brought them up because you refuted them....... but now that I did...... "they don't matter anymore".

Convenient, aye? :rolleyes:

WTF are you babbling about? I was using YOUR OWN LOGIC against you.
In previous posts, I mentioned PIT as an example of how NE can be beaten by playing defense -- it isnt unthinkable to stop your offense, and I was addressing other posters. Then you jump in with your nonsense. I never was said or implied that the PIT is correalated in any way other than -- believe it or not -- your offense can be stopped.

Jesus dude, you are absurd.

Talk about dramatic...

Hmmm I thought you left.

I'm still waiting for you to call out my BS? Just one thing I presented as fact that is false. :cool:

Just curious, if the Ravens are so good then why are they 1-6 against the Patriots during the Ray Lewis/ Tom Brady era?

Typical Pats fan. Keep living in the past chump.

Typical Pats fan. Keep living in the past chump.

The Ravens have been living off of that 2000 superbowl forever. My best friend is a Ravens fan and its all he yaps about. Not take anything away from them, they are a good team but c'mon kid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST