PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brian Tyms waived/injured

Status
Not open for further replies.

patsinthesnow

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
@patscap: The Patriots also waived/injured Brian Tyms. If he goes unclaimed, he will go on IR. Kettan'is waiver not on transacton wire.

If someone claims him they can have him. Based on last year, I wouldn't consider him any great loss.
I disagree. I'm sorry that he's gone and hope he can get back to us, either on the PS, or phantom roster, when he's healthy.

He was a guy with good size and the speed to get behind defenses. By all accounts he was having a very good camp until the first injury, and was finally knocked out by the 2nd. Injuries - its such a crap shoot these days.

They must not be overly concerned with losing him to another team if they chose to release him now rather than wait 1 week and place him on IR

Waiving him now when he can be claimed vs waiting tells me BB is not sold on the guy.

That might be a little strong, but it at least means he doesn't view him as highly as Ken does. :)

Last edited:
I like Tyms. You don't make the ridiculous falling, rolling, juggling catch he made last preseason vs the Skins or the catch between Gilmore's arms vs the Bills without some skills. I'd like to see him back.

Waiving him now when he can be claimed vs waiting tells me BB is not sold on the guy.

His contract is up after this year. The only thing lost here is the RFA status.

That might be a little strong, but it at least means he doesn't view him as highly as Ken does. :)

I mean, he's kinda right. Belichick himself was quoted once saying, "You don't cut someone you're afraid to lose".

???

Wayne has replaced Gibson and Tyms. Why is this a tough loss for the WR corps?

I think it's break even with Gibson and Wayne now 36/37.

I mean, he's kinda right. Belichick himself was quoted once saying, "You don't cut someone you're afraid to lose".

I pretty much said the same thing. Semantics, but I consider "not sold" to mean Bill doesn't think he has value. My impression is that Tyms was probable to make the roster he just isn't the player many think or hope he is.

I pretty much said the same thing. Semantics, but I consider "not sold" to mean Bill doesn't think he has value. My impression is that Tyms was probable to make the roster he just isn't the player many think or hope he is.

I had him hitting the road with Boyce and probably Dobson, myself.

The only reason I'd even hesitate a little on Dobson, is that I've actually seen him be kind of productive when healthy.

Seems like a great guy but, honestly he's nothing special.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
Back