PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brian Tyms waived/injured

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had him hitting the road with Boyce and probably Dobson, myself.

The only reason I'd even hesitate a little on Dobson, is that I've actually seen him be kind of productive when healthy.

Tyms was an above average special teamer and I think the team viewed him as having potential at WR. He's the kind of guy that may not do much all year, but is active every week and is a viable emergency option if injuries come up.

Tyms is quite possibly the most overrated WR of all-time on this forum.

On THIS forum, yes.

In PatriotsLand, I still think Mark Harrison has the edge there. You know, the guy that never took a regular season snap.

It seems to me like people just want to see more of the kid. I haven't seen anyone go overboard with expectations for him. Thompkins was way more overrated. People still want him back.

For me it is Price. I would have bet good money that he was going to be a good one.
Another good candidate.

Funny thing is? Punching bag Brandon Tate's been more successful than all of them.

I think he's overrated, but that's what happens when you become a fan favorite. He has an inspirational story that resonates with many people. But he just hasn't been able to produce consistently during practice.

I will say this....Tyms brings a lot of passion and energy, and maybe someday that will translate into improved performance.

Last edited:
I think he's overrated, but that happens when you become a fan favorite. He has an inspirational story that resonates with people. But he just hasn't been able to produce consistently during practice.

I will say this....Tyms brings a lot of passion and energy, and maybe someday that will translate into a better performance.

Well, the Patriots are putting him on IR and not just coming to an injury settlement and releasing him, so I guess they see something in him.

I'm guessing that "something" is more as a special teamer than as a WR.

Well, the Patriots are putting him on IR and not just coming to an injury settlement and releasing him, so I guess they see something in him.

I'm guessing that "something" is more as a special teamer than as a WR.

The clock to agree with him on an injury settlement starts either at 4PM or tomorrow morning

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back