PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Breer: might be time to dump a big bucket of water on Pats fans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just to keep things in balance, there is also this column by NESN's John Chandler: Brady ready to turn heads, break more records

John Chandler/NESN said:
Because deep down, under the Armani and Versace and all that other stylish stuff that ends in a vowel, Tom Brady is one badass football player.

His favorite target, Randy Moss, is on the record believing that with Brady back, the Patriots could be in for another record-shattering season, a la the 2007 campaign.

I’ll say this: Brady thrives when he’s challenged. Anthony Smith would elaborate, if Brady hadn’t muzzled the Steeler’s runny mouth. Remember, Smith was the one who guaranteed a Pittsburgh win, and Brady proceeded to work him over like he was some practice squad scrub.

So go ahead, doubt Tom Brady if you must. Call him a pansy. Or Gisele’s errand boy.

Just don’t be so shocked when he makes you look like Anthony Smith (i.e. a fool).

I used to like Breer...he was more like Reiss in many ways..and a solid writer...But now that he's been in Dallas and national, he's making a return here.. Last year he was on radio some and I found a bit of snottiness...like since he's NOW in the big picture, a sort of arrogance...something that Curran never had even though he's gone from the local to national. He's too full of himself really..and a comment like that?? I agreedump a barrel of water on the snot.

Sure, guy. ;)

Now, that he is saying that is not completely positive about the Pats and their fans, you turn on him. What have we here. ;)

http://www.patsfans.com/new-england...d-albert-breer-returns-boston-sort-page2.html

That is good news...AB has been a solid writer and his moving to Dallas was a major loss. That he is now national and in Boston will only add another good voice to in depth solid journalism. Didn't realize he was local..good for HIM!! Congrats on the promotion!!!

Seriously, he's not even saying anything totally negative, just telling the fans to step back a moment because breaking all those records in 2007was tough then, and now we expect to do it twice in three seasons.

My thoughts, don't expect way too much. The Pats should be good, but expecting them to be the greatest team ever may only disappoint folks.

It is entirely possible that the offense in 2009 will be better than the offense in 2007 and yet not break a single one of the records set in 2007.

We will have a better running game, not just as the rare change-of-pace run, but a legit ball-control option that was absent for much of 2007 (though LM and KF gave us some good stuff late).

I'd be happy with a bump up in rushing TDs and rushing yards at the expense of passing TDs and passing yards. It might also lower points scored and point differential. But it will keep the pass rush off of Tom.

To me that's a better offense if we control the ball a lot better all year and have a versatile attack. If there is one statictical record I'd like to break (besides 19-0, LOL) it would be the team touchdown mark. But the offense could still be better and not touch that one. Ball control offense uses more clock, scores less, but wins just the same. Doing both well is conducive to winning championships.

Seriously, he's not even saying anything totally negative, just telling the fans to step back a moment because breaking all those records in 2007was tough then, and now we expect to do it twice in three seasons.

My thoughts, don't expect way too much. The Pats should be good, but expecting them to be the greatest team ever may only disappoint folks.
It's just his attitude..which I don't really like...for myself, I care about wins not records...As I said..I really liked him a lot before he left..and now, I wish he'd stay away..

Chicago Detroit New York LA..... you name the city...When one of their writers goes national, they stay homers for life....When a Boston reporter goes its like they do their level best to prove that they are not homers...just the opposite in fact.

Randy Moss told ESPN he believed that this offense has the potential to be a little bit more scary that the offense of 07 so it's not just fans who see the potential, but I think every Pats fan knows that anything can happen-like injuries for example :cool:

Al Breer was one of the best analysts and I miss his blogs. That said, he's no longer here. He's out of the loop now;)

I'm excited about this offense but I'm liking what we've done on defense as well. I don't know or care about being perfect but I know one thing--they're a hungry team and they know how to win. Even Al Breer can't argue that:p

For all of these guys in the local media (including Breer who's local but has gone national), by far the most egregious sin anyone can commit is to be tagged as a "homer." They will go to any possible length to avoid having that happen. Consequently, any dose of optimism needs to be countered with a ton of pessimism (aka "a big bucket of water.") Any one needing evidence need only refer to the Comcast Sports show last night with Tanguay and Felger. What a pair of non-journalistic fools. Their performances were embarrassing.

I don't care about the offense. It's going to be fine. I'm more concerned with the defense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back