PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Breer: Brady has a high ankle sprain

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems like Bill's game plan failed every which way it possibly could have doesn't it??
Couldn't run on them, couldn't throw on them and got your QB hurt along the way.
Outstanding!!
Sad part is Jimmy G would have been a far more effective weapon in that game than Brady was because A) Jimmy G is very mobile and can make/extend plays with his legs playing behind that horrid O-line and B) Jimmy G. doesn't carry Brady's binky baggage and will throw to THE OPEN GUY....regardless of who it is.......kinda like Brady used to do.

Come on...

JAG is much slower at reading defenses and making plays than is Brady. Patriots receivers weren't getting open. As a result, JAG probably would have been killed by his second drive.

Last edited:
To be fair I wouldn't have minded seeing Jimmy G get killed because that would make the 2017 contract situation a lot simpler. Ride Brady to the end Bill.

If I see a photo of Brady in a walking boot with some flowers I'm gonna lose it and curl up in the fetal position.

We should be fine, he didn't have Mr Miyagi back in 2007. Avocado boy has got this.

Anyone who saw the media's description of the shape Brady was in after the presser in Miami yesterday was not calling it a mild ankle sprain.

No one said it was mild, or not. It simply was not a high ankle sprain. It was a regular ankle sprain.

Paging Alex Guerrero, will Alex Guerrero please report to the locker room.

What theory will Tanguay come up with this time???

I guess McCourty had the kind of high ankle sprain you can practice on 5 days later too.

Fun fact. In the real world 5-10% of sprains are high ankle sprains, maybe 15% in sports. In the sports journalism world 99% are and they're the kind you can run, dance and play football on almost immediately.

This board is really gonna be unbearable the next two weeks.
http://memeshappen.com/media/created/Hey-man-got-any-earplugs-Because-i-can39t-stand-that-********-meme-17292.jpg

Paging Alex Guerrero, will Alex Guerrero please report to the locker room.

What theory will Tanguay come up with this time???
drunk.jpg

I'm just glad to come on here and see no one is panicking..:rolleyes:

Wouldn't be patsfans.com without a rain of fans jumping off the ledge. The problem is that jumping off the ledge is virtual, so they do it knowing full well that they can climb back to that ledge and jump off every time there is a minor problem. I can make it rain anytime, simply by posting what a few posters won't bother to realize is an old picture:

BRADY IN WALKING BOOT!

1200974498_0106.jpg

A typical high ankle sprain takes 6 weeks to recover.

With professional treatment, this is probably cut to 3-4 weeks. Brady has a MILD sprain, meaning the BYE will probably be enough for him to be at 90 or 100% for the divisional round.

R-E-L-A-X. Breathe people.

Don't fool yourself into believing that part of the reason the Dolphins paid him that much money was for precisely that very reason. Suh is a nasty, dirty player who is capable of inflicting serious injury on other players and he nearly succeeded on Sunday in that Dolphins game
In essence, he got his bounty in advance.

No one was getting open. Jimmy would have been sacked half a dozen times assuming he passed at all.
Not true. Anytime a QB can extend a play by moving around he is buying time for his receivers. Fins are in the bottom 5 of pass defense. Jimmy G would have been more effective than the highly ineffective Brady was behind that lousy o-line.

Jimmy G would have been more effective than the highly ineffective Brady was behind that lousy o-line.

The line was getting beat both on the inside and the outside. There was nowhere to run. JAG would have been a dead man.

Last edited:
Come on...

JAG is much slower at reading defenses and making plays than is Brady. Patriots receivers weren't getting open. As a result, JAG probably would have been killed by his second drive.
Just stop!! Jimmy G is going to make plays with his legs, plays that Brady is incapable of making and since Brady made no plays with his arm (oh that's right, nobody was open all game long against a bottom 5 pass defense :rolleyes: Yeah right!!! ) in that game it wouldn't have taken much for Jimmy G to have a better passing game.

How ironic for you to claim that a mobile Jimmy G would have gotten killed in that game when the immobile Tom Brady DID get killed in that game.

BTW, what we've seen since Brady has lost his binky Jules and the 2 second/5 yd passing game is that Tom Brady and this offense is pretty darn slow at making plays and that slowness has exposed this O-line and gotten the QB hurt.

What I wanted to see BEFORE the Dolphins game was Brady and Gronk out of that line-up.
Gronk is still hurting and is not the same player since coming back and 38 year old Tom Brady has taken a physical beating this season. You sit them both and give them quality rest. You had the bye week sewn up.

Did I mention Tom Brady is 38 years old.........

Perhaps a great coach should tweak his overall coaching philosophy when handling a 38 year old irreplaceable piece of the team??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents