PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Breer: Brady has a high ankle sprain

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cannon is a big disappointment for me....was excited to see him drafted as a rookie....

Yep....

Tom Brady, old man who's largely immobile - 5.7% sack rate

Johnny Manziel, young athletic runner - 7.9% sack rate
Ryan Tannehill, young athletic former receiver - 7.1% sack rate
Aaron Rodgers, gold standard of scrambling/running QBs - 7.4% sack rate
Russell Wilson, scrambler extraordinaire - 8.5% sack rate
Tyrod Taylor - AFCE scrambling QB flavor of the month - 8.7% sack rate
What about the # of times hit?

Yep....

Tom Brady, old man who's largely immobile - 5.7% sack rate

Johnny Manziel, young athletic runner - 7.9% sack rate
Ryan Tannehill, young athletic former receiver - 7.1% sack rate
Aaron Rodgers, gold standard of scrambling/running QBs - 7.4% sack rate
Russell Wilson, scrambler extraordinaire - 8.5% sack rate
Tyrod Taylor - AFCE scrambling QB flavor of the month - 8.7% sack rate
.....and these stats mean what exactly in the discussion of whether Tom Brady should have played and been exposed to injury against Miami??
Brady's sack rate of 5.7% is no surprise.
Brady is legendary in his ability to feel pressure in the pocket and get rid of the ball.
Brady has also perfected the 2 second offense when Jules is on the field.
However those facts do not in any way mean that Tom Brady is NOT old and that Tom Brady is NOT slow... :D.....because he IS on both counts.

Btw Deus how do you explain the physical beating Brady has taken this season since you seem to contend here that Brady IS mobile, Brady is NOT old and he never gets sacked?? Hmmm.....

Bottomline is Jimmy G could have provided the Patriots with 12 - 21 134 yds 0 TD's in a loss (I think JG would have done better than that, would have brought energy to a flat team, would have added a fresh look to the offense) and we'd have a very well rested and healthy Tom Brady on the field a week from Saturday.

Yes. According to Mike Reiss they had meetings Tuesday and are practicing Today, Thursday and Friday.

Are these more practices than in previous bye weeks? Anyone know? Is this BB wanting a newly configured O-line more reps (even in a walkthrough), to develop some measure of cohesion?

.....and these stats mean what exactly in the discussion of whether Tom Brady should have played and been exposed to injury against Miami??

The sack rate comparison was about the idiotic notion around here put forth by some who've tried to say that JAG would somehow have been able to avoid the rush better than Brady.

Brady's sack rate of 5.7% is no surprise.
Brady is legendary in his ability to feel pressure in the pocket and get rid of the ball.
Brady has also perfected the 2 second offense when Jules is on the field.

Yes, which is much different than the inexperienced JAG.

However those facts do not in any way mean that Tom Brady is NOT old and that Tom Brady is NOT slow... :D.....because he IS on both counts.

I've never said that Brady's not old for a QB.
I've never said that Brady is particularly mobile.

Btw Deus how do you explain the physical beating Brady has taken this season since you seem to contend here that Brady IS mobile, Brady is NOT old and he never gets sacked?? Hmmm.....

First, I've contended no such thing. Second, a godawful OL combined with not having someone who can get open in 2 seconds for a good portion of the year.

Bottomline is Jimmy G could have provided the Patriots with 12 - 21 134 yds 0 TD's in a loss (I think JG would have done better than that, would have brought energy to a flat team, would have added a fresh look to the offense) and we'd have a very well rested and healthy Tom Brady on the field a week from Saturday.

No, the bottom line is that you have no idea what the hell JAG could have provided, that JAG would probably have gotten battered a hell of a lot more than did Brady, and that you've been pushing this nonsense about JAG with nothing to justify doing so.

Not sure the decision is as straight forward as some of you guys may think. Waddle's shoulder looked like it fell out of it's socket pretty easily on the play he got hurt.

Not sure the decision is as straight forward as some of you guys may think. Waddle's shoulder looked like it fell out of it's socket pretty easily on the play he got hurt.

Report from a couple of the Pats beat guys Sunday pregame was he tried to give it a go in warm ups but was still in some pain.

Although the fact that he even made the trip and was even a game time decision seems to indicate that isn't anything really serious and division game will be 3 weeks so he should be good to go.

Report from a couple of the Pats beat guys Sunday pregame was he tried to give it a go in warm ups but was still in some pain.

Although the fact that he even made the trip and was even a game time decision seems to indicate that isn't anything really serious and division game will be 3 weeks so he should be good to go.
Hope you're right. Im just saying when the shoulder start falling out that easy it doesn't just go away. It actually starts coming out more easily.

Hope you're right. Im just saying when the shoulder start falling out that easy it doesn't just go away. It actually starts coming out more easily.
Use more tape. Must be some left after doing Brady's ankle.

Agreed but 3 only need 3 games so let's hope some tape will keep it in for 4 weeks.

Could be a high shoulder sprain. They are much worse.

I hope that dealing with the aftermath of this injury won't screw with Brady's offseason training, conditioning, and near miraculous de-ageing program.

I hope that dealing with the aftermath of this injury won't screw with Brady's offseason training, conditioning, and near miraculous de-ageing program.

A sprained ankle?

He's had worse and is ready to go for game 1 every year.

Brady not only had an ankle injury on Sunday, but also some painfully bruised ribs--per the Prov. Journal.

Brady not only had an ankle injury on Sunday, but also some painfully bruised ribs--per the Prov. Journal.

Must have came from Vernon's late hit on Brady. Same scumbag who tried to destroy Mariota's knee.

Of course, the NFL didn't fine Vernon for it. They probably sent him a check.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore