PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Breer: Brady has a high ankle sprain

Status
Not open for further replies.
Personally, I'm going with Dr. Chao, an actual orthopedist, who says the ankle won't be a problem.

This was his reaction to Brady walking without a limp :

David J. Chao, MD ‏@ProFootballDoc 16h16 hours ago
Not only possible but expected. @Patriots med staff doing a good job to control early swelling. Fine for playoffs.

Personally, I'm going with Dr. Chao, an actual orthopedist, who says the ankle won't be a problem.

This was his reaction to Brady walking without a limp :

David J. Chao, MD ‏@ProFootballDoc 16h16 hours ago
Not only possible but expected. @Patriots med staff doing a good job to control early swelling. Fine for playoffs.

As long as Tom lays off the V8, Chef Boy-Ar-Dee and Ragu (which as I've learned cause inflammation) he'll be good to go.

Bill has completely fecked-up these last two games, and is 100% responsible for Brady's injury.
To think he actually extended that incompetent churl blob Cannonfodder right before the Jesters game
at the end of the 2014 regular season. What an unforgivable waste of money.

Bill has completely fecked-up these last two games, and is 100% responsible for Brady's injury.
To think he actually extended that incompetent churl blob Cannonfodder right before the Jesters game
at the end of the 2014 regular season. What an unforgivable waste of money.
Do you feel better now, captain. Did all that 2nd guessing and 20-20 hindsight wear you out. Was it as good for you as it was for me? ;)

"100% responsible for Brady's injury"??? Then if that is the basis, he's "100% responsible" for Hightower's injury, Chung's injury, the 18 guys who were put on IR, and the 10 guys on the injury report. :rolleyes:
Seriously, as a fan I understand the frustration with Brady's injury. But that potential outcome exists EVERY time he lines up behind center. Is assessing "blame" so important to you? Then you should put the blame where it belongs, on Nadamikan Suh.....or the game of football. (sigh)

Breer takes out his frustration on us Pats fans because he has had a hard life because his last name is one extra "r" away from being the best last name on the planet.
I didn't know that a Cheese could be the best last name on the planet ! Maybe in Green Bay ? :rolleyes:

Again, is it known whether the team is practicing today as if it were a normal week?

Agree. If Solder comes back ok, I think Waddle takes Cannon's job. Look for additional vet and draft tackle aquisitions, too.

Waddle is gonna take Cannon's job starting this week.

I'd rather have the irregular playing of Cameron or any other jag in the offensive line than Cannon doing kind of Ok but completely missing guys on a given snap. Having him on that O-line is a time bomb.

I know fans like you. Just as good as a chance that had Belichick sat every starter in the game against Miami and the Patriots came out flat in their first playoff game, you'd be pounding your chest and spewing absolutes about how a great coach should known about rust and timing and practice time and how two weeks is too long to sit and why didnt he play Brady more when he had the chance.

Uh no!! This team has suffered a historic level of injuries this season (both in #'s and quality of player) and getting quality rest for key players before the playoffs is paramount.
I'm not worried about this team being flat and I'm not worried about a lack of timing.
I'm thrilled they did not play Julian to end the regular season.

Said it weeks ago and my opinion has not changed - the ONLY thing stopping this team from another SB championship is injuries.

Putting Brady and Gronk at risk against the Dolphins was stupid and so unnecessary.

Again, is it known whether the team is practicing today as if it were a normal week?

Yes. According to Mike Reiss they had meetings Tuesday and are practicing Today, Thursday and Friday.

It should be obvious to you that the QB who processes the defensive data slower would be at an immediate disadvantage with the way the OL played on Sunday. You keep ignoring that because of your agenda.
It should be obvious to you that the QB who has zero foot speed and limited mobility (and that was before the high ankle sprain) would be at an immediate disadvantage with the way the OL played on Sunday.
You keep ignoring that because of your agenda.

Yes. According to Mike Reiss they had meetings Tuesday and are practicing Today, Thursday and Friday.

Thank god, this team has no time to take personal time.

Waddle is gonna take Cannon's job starting this week.
Agreed. But I meant that for next year Waddle will push Cannon down to that part of the roster made up by JAG churn where his contract can't be justified. Waddle stays, Cannon gone, plus two new tackle additions.

Do you feel better now, captain. Did all that 2nd guessing and 20-20 hindsight wear you out. Was it as good for you as it was for me? ;)

"100% responsible for Brady's injury"??? Then if that is the basis, he's "100% responsible" for Hightower's injury, Chung's injury, the 18 guys who were put on IR, and the 10 guys on the injury report. :rolleyes:
Seriously, as a fan I understand the frustration with Brady's injury. But that potential outcome exists EVERY time he lines up behind center. Is assessing "blame" so important to you? Then you should put the blame where it belongs, on Nadamikan Suh.....or the game of football. (sigh)

Wrong.

With no Vollmer (and already with no Solder), Brady SHOULD NOT HAVE PLAYED in Miami.

Garoppolo - a more mobile QB who could run away from the consistent pass rush that we all KNEW was coming - should have started the game. Period.

Thank god, this team has no time to take personal time.
Belichick will give them a long weekend off. Most of the team will probably take off for warmer climates and go sit on a beach and relax for a couple of days. They need it!!!!!!!!

I'm amazed how many people think a young, inexperienced QB is going to be better under pressure just because he's more athletic. The theme among those kinds of players seems to be that for every play where they run around and avoid pressure, there's also a play where they try to buy too much time and run right into a defender. That first Bills game was a perfect example. Tyrod Taylor did a lot of running around in the pocket, but he got very beat up in the process.

I'm amazed how many people think a young, inexperienced QB is going to be better under pressure just because he's more athletic. The theme among those kinds of players seems to be that for every play where they run around and avoid pressure, there's also a play where they try to buy too much time and run right into a defender. That first Bills game was a perfect example. Tyrod Taylor did a lot of running around in the pocket, but he got very beat up in the process.

Pay no mind to him. He's one of the biggest armchair GM/coaches on this board.

Yep....

Tom Brady, old man who's largely immobile - 5.7% sack rate

Johnny Manziel, young athletic runner - 7.9% sack rate
Ryan Tannehill, young athletic former receiver - 7.1% sack rate
Aaron Rodgers, gold standard of scrambling/running QBs - 7.4% sack rate
Russell Wilson, scrambler extraordinaire - 8.5% sack rate
Tyrod Taylor - AFCE scrambling QB flavor of the month - 8.7% sack rate

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes