PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Breaking: Florio Sources Patsfans.com!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's the thing:

We, as fans, shouldn't be the ones doing this. This should be getting done by the Patriots. And, had they done it in 2007, things would be a lot easier today. Instead, we, as fans, are stuck picking up after Kraft, since he can't be bothered to.

He gave us the wellsreportincontext site. Then he folded his tent. Essentially everything else, in both 2007 and today, has been fan driven.

That is because the fans care about the issue, we care about the team's reputation (the "cheating" allegations), we care about the player's reputations (especially Brady's), we care about the team's future success (which will clearly be negatively affected by the loss of draft picks in both cases), and more than anything, we care about the legacy of this team that we love so much and its players.

However, apart from lawsuits like TB and the players union initiated, nobody can do anything except for the Patriots owners.

And it is hard to conclude anything other than they don't care about those things. For us, it is our passion. For them, it is an investment, dollars and cents.

We're being topical today. Dale & Holley were just talking about this very thing. They agree with our take about the team needing to get out there, too.

I also heard Dale and Holley on this topic about an hour ago. A caller yesterday with experience in PR situations of a similar nature said the perfunctory statement issued by Stacey James yesterday has zero resonance with the public, particularly outside of NE. He suggested, correctly in my opinion, that either Bob Kraft or Jonathan Kraft needs to go on an ESPN venue such as Mike and Mike and forcefully defend the shield point by point. I'd strongly prefer Jonathan. I just know this, which I learned long ago in my professional career: if you don't defend yourself, you can't expect anyone else to. Just my opinion.

I also heard Dale and Holley on this topic about an hour ago. A caller yesterday with experience in PR situations of a similar nature said the perfunctory statement issued by Stacey James yesterday has zero resonance with the public, particularly outside of NE. He suggested, correctly in my opinion, that either Bob Kraft or Jonathan Kraft needs to go on an ESPN venue such as Mike and Mike and forcefully defend the shield point by point. I'd strongly prefer Jonathan. I just know this, which I learned long ago in my professional career: if you don't defend yourself, you can't expect anyone else to. Just my opinion.

Oh dear god. Keep Kraft père away from any media, please. That would be an own goal waiting to happen.

But yes, get Jonathan aggressively out there. ASAP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes