PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Breaking: Deflategate 2.0 lol

Confused Always Sunny GIF by It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia

Me, reading the thread title and going "oh fer ****s sake."

Never mind Ryland, Harrison Butker missed one - for the first time in a LONG time.
Underinflated balls can certainly hook or shank - just having the laces off to a side can do that.
It's all part of #tankathon. Bill under inflates the balls so Ryland sucks worse.
Mike Myers Evil Laugh GIF

Ryland's had one of those "everything that can go wrong, will go wrong" years. Early on, he missed 2 that were on the center, then a third from 50+ in the wind and rain.

Kicking is all about the strength of the leg, sure, and, more importantly, what's in the head. Remember Vanderjack? I hope he gets over the yips. He SHOULD be a very good NFL kicker. He was great in college. But it's a mental game more than anything else for him.

And yes, I'm one of those "root for the player" posters, rather than the "I hope he sucks so I have more ammunition to ***** about BB" posters...
I root for the players probably more than anyone and I would have preferred to keep the kicker who didn't miss for us instead of bring in a kicker who can't make kicks. But keep making excuses for the genius that made that stupid move over a few dollars. It's working like a charm for the Tankheads.

Lol. Nice try Ryland :D

Also lol at the league.

Sounds like the same setup as the Ravens game that started Deflate Fake I. That began when an NFL underling stole the game kicking balls to sell, leaving new uninflated balls in their place.

Or he's got Hardo Joe and Can't Accord as his coaches.

So did Nick Folk, and he was better here than he was anywhere else prior. I hope Ryland turns it around, but I don't think blaming the coaches does anyone any favors.

So did Nick Folk, and he was better here than he was anywhere else prior. I hope Ryland turns it around, but I don't think blaming the coaches does anyone any favors.
Folk was in his late-30's. He didn't need much hand-holding. A rookie kicker is a different animal.

If OC's can ruin a QB, why can't STC's ruin kickers?

What a great read. Thanks.

When I found out how Patricia threatened to ruin player's careers if they didn't toe the line to his liking, that was when I realized what a true POS he is. That was probably his strategy with Mac Jones and why Jones was looking for help elsewhere and his career is in jeopardy now. SOMETHING changed from Jones' first season. But we're supposed to like Fat Matt because he wore a Goodell clowns shirt once.

And what brass balls it must take to take credit for a great play by Butler while treating him like a piece of dog **** on the sole of his shoe. There's only one person that Fatricia could have possibly learned that from.
I've said that, The undoing was last off-season 2022. Jones never bought in from how Bill set up his staff. Nick Caley was reportedly approached about filling the void from Mickey D, but declined because he wouldn't be named OC. So the herald reports, ect. all have merit. None of the offensive players really bought in to how Bill the builder butchered the offense. Even Bill's loyalists like Lombardi were critical. Kraft saying "It's not always straightforward, with how be does things, But he's earned the right to do things his way"

So now we are with a QB who's totally lost his way with this team, and likely will be on someone's practice squad next season, a back up playing starter, 21 different transactions at the position this season. All because Bill the builder messed this up in 2022.

I root for the players probably more than anyone and I would have preferred to keep the kicker who didn't miss for us instead of bring in a kicker who can't make kicks. But keep making excuses for the genius that made that stupid move over a few dollars. It's working like a charm for the Tankheads.
The kicker who couldn't kick off?
Folk was great here, sure - at the beginning of the year in the warmer weather. But he was not a long-term solution at all. It had nothing to do with dollars and everything to do with dumping Jake Bailey.

Folk had back issues last year, as well, remember? Kickers are good until they aren't.
And I didn't make excuses for BB in my post, but there you go again. Didn't mention him at all, other than to predict the obvious, which, congratulations, you proved yet again.

the fact they even measured this after years of no longer caring, tells you that the NFL is recognizing we are in a position to have the #1-2 pick in the draft.

They're looking for reasons to take that away, it seems.

the fact they even measured this after years of no longer caring, tells you that the NFL is recognizing we are in a position to have the #1-2 pick in the draft.

They're looking for reasons to take that away, it seems.
Huh? Both teams' kicking balls were not inflated properly. Neither team had access to them.

Huh? Both teams' kicking balls were not inflated properly. Neither team had access to them.
But why bother testing in the first place now? They haven't tested these in years

I still find it funny you guys think 'the league office' does anything the owners don't approve of. Goodell is paid a lot of money, but 45M is insignificant to the billionaires running the league. JUST the top guy, the Broncos' Rob Walton, has a net worth of 59B.

45M is .08% of his net worth. And that's rounding up.

Taking the abuse he's taking from you guys is the job he's paid to do. You want someone to blame? Blame the other owners who all approved of Deflategate going forward.

The kicker who couldn't kick off?
Folk was great here, sure - at the beginning of the year in the warmer weather. But he was not a long-term solution at all. It had nothing to do with dollars and everything to do with dumping Jake Bailey.

Folk had back issues last year, as well, remember? Kickers are good until they aren't.
And I didn't make excuses for BB in my post, but there you go again. Didn't mention him at all, other than to predict the obvious, which, congratulations, you proved yet again.
Agree. If we were in super bowl contention keep folk, but in a rebuild try to find a kicker of the future. We can afford to be patient.

Of course they declined to comment

I like the sibling ****ers listening to the McAfee show are now are clamoring for draft picks to be taken, especially since we're looking at a Top 2 pick. If the NFL lets this get out of hand and turns this into a circus that costs us our first rounder somehow, I'm out.

Promise made...

• Agree
Reactions: sb1

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back