PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brandon Spikes Video

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the NFL does the right thing and does NOTHING, this goes away and no one cares except the prudes. If they decide to play Pope and suspend him, this becomes a beast that cannot be fed.

Yes, and I hope they realize this. Given that NO crime was committed, they'd only be giving themselves a black eye by keeping the story in the news.

It supposedly happened when Spikes was in college. Goodell can go pound sand.

Yep, i'm with ya. Ideally, Goody calls Spikes in his office and reads him the riot act and Kraft says, 'don't ever do this again', and plays Week 1.

Let's hope Myra doesn't get involved.

penalizing a player for a more "crime against good taste" would be crossing a huge line. Compare spikes' "values" offense to, say, being found delinquent on child support to your boatload of baby mamas.

nailed it!!!!

So now the NFL is a moral authority? The PA would be all over this. We're not talking about someone who was in a position where something illegal was happening around him. The NFL would be suspending Spikes for a personal lifestyle choice. THERE IS NO CRIME HERE.

Agreed. Unless the girl comes forward and presses charges (over what who knows), there isn't a crime.

The issue is that your average NFL fan now has a negative opinion of Brandon Spikes. To Goodell, that is a crime against the league.

And in this case it would be like the Army fining you for an infraction that occurred in high school before you enlisted.

I mean, if they're going to suspend Spikes for this, what if they found out he mooned someone while he was in high school and spent a night in jail for indecent exposure? What about if he was written up by his RA his freshman year for underage drinking and that RA decides to release that official warning?

If the NFL's jurisdiction extends outside of the players NFL career, where is the line?

Exactly this is a joke. And the fact that people feel that this "tarnishes" him or the NFL is an even bigger joke. What happens between two people in their bedroom is between them, and if they wish to show it off to people who want to watch, again that is a choice between consenting adults. What I believe or anyone else for that matter believes is irrelevant, If someone is offended by it then don't watch it, seems pretty simple, after all how could you be offended by something that you haven't seen? :cool:

Last edited:
This is bullshyt if Goodell does ANYTHING to Spikes? WTF DID HE DO RELATED TO FOOTBALL OF THE NFL?????

I am not surprised and PATs fans should understand. This is not good for the image of the NFL, nor the PATS. You can say I am trying to be a puritan or whatever, but Goodell has stressed so many times that a chance to play in the NFL is a privilege and if you can't abide by the rules to leave without incidents, then stay out.
Do you all dismissing this really understand what the Chatroulette is really about? Any job will fine you if you engage in such a thing in your so called personal life and make it public. It is an embarrassment to all your associates.
What he did is beyond stupid now that I have had time to think about it.

Does the nfl have any rules against that? I wasn't aware of that.

This is bullshyt if Goodell does ANYTHING to Spikes? WTF DID HE DO RELATED TO FOOTBALL OF THE NFL?????
Even not related to football he did nothing.

- He had consensual sex.
- It was videotaped.

That's it. He didn't put the video out, he didn't know it was going to be put out; heck, he didn't even know it was videotaped. God help us if the NFL decides that it's your fault if you have consensual sex and another party videotapes it and puts it out.

Last edited:
Goodell will use this language and ask for a sit-down with Spikes in NYC. We'll know more then I'm sure.

If the girl is underage or was videotaped w/o her knowledge and she causes a big stir, I go back to Goodell protecting the shield.

NFL personal conduct policy - NFL - ESPN

There is no victim or perpetrator here, and unless and until it comes out that she was underage or was being videotaped without her consent, this is a non issue for the league.

I don't see how the league can do anything here. PCC says "sex offenses." There's no offense here.

Last edited:
I'll petition in federal district court for a restraining order if Jetdell attempts ANOTHER illegal, organized crime decision against the Patriots.

MEH .........................

The world and athletes has changed a bit. Not that anyone is doing things much different ... it's just the internet and it's viral nature. College age kids have been doing dumb crap for decades ... that's part of the reason they go.

Like I said ... MEH............

Last edited:
Even if no crime is committed he can still punish Spikes. He has complete lattitude to do whatever he thinks is appropriate to defend the reputation of the league.

I think it's disgusting and low class. Any of my business? No, except that he plays for my team. Pats are a family franchise, I don't think the krafts or anyone else looks kindly on this. It's disgusting.

Even if no crime is committed he can still punish Spikes. He has complete lattitude to do whatever he thinks is appropriate to defend the reputation of the league.

I think it's disgusting and low class. Any of my business? No, except that he plays for my team. Pats are a family franchise, I don't think the krafts or anyone else looks kindly on this. It's disgusting.
I would agree with you IF this happened when Spikes was part of the NFL. It appears that this happened when he was in college. If that joke of a Commissioner tries to punish him for something that happened before he joined the NFL that would open a VERY large can of worms.

Thinking about it more...Goodell strengthened the personal conduct policy so that it's no longer just about committing crimes:

"It is not enough simply to avoid being found guilty of a crime. Instead, as an employee of the NFL or a member club, you are held to a higher standard and expected to conduct yourself in a way that is responsible, promotes the values upon which the League is based, and is lawful."

That said, I don't believe any action has ever been taken in a situation where there was no suggestion of illegal activity. What Spikes did is seriously stupid for a guy in the public spotlight (and with a lot of recognizable body art). But it was just some exhibitionism for a community of consenting voyeurs.

Penalizing a player for a more "crime against good taste" would be crossing a huge line. Compare Spikes' "values" offense to, say, being found delinquent on child support to your boatload of baby mamas.
To me the big thing here is it is from the PAST!!! Goodell punishing a player for something one did when NOT connected with the time a player is IN the league is a LARGE leap. AND that is something he BETTER take seriously for jumping that line is something that HE will regret deeply. If ANY player's past conduct is NOW Goodell approved TO be ruled on...there will be media and MANY digging into all player's past and demanding Goodell do the same. A few bad choices by Badel here...and a lot of manure to step in...

To me the big thing here is it is from the PAST!!! Goodell punishing a player for something one did when NOT connected with the time a player is IN the league is a LARGE leap. AND that is something he BETTER take seriously for jumping that line is something that HE will regret deeply. If ANY player's past conduct is NOW Goodell approved TO be ruled on...there will be media and MANY digging into all player's past and demanding Goodell do the same. A few bad choices by Badel here...and a lot of manure to step in...

iam assumign there will some sort of agreement between the team and the league where the team might take some action which makes the league look good etc...

deny till you die spikes

Both were smoking hot. Heck yea Brandon! Keep plowing that good stuff young man.

just ditch the cameras. :bricks:

Brandon was underage in the video

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes