PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brandon Spikes Video

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's what I'm wondering. Something tells me that Goodell is going to hit us pretty hard.

I wonder if something like this is even contained in the policy...Hank Basket played in the superbowl....His wife has a sex tape...(Not sure if he is in it or not)

is it worse than public intoxication?

Drunk Athlete (there are some funny ones in here...Jerry JOnes is quite comical)

?

Last edited:
Ok, but if this happened in college pre-draft, how can they punish him for it? Are they suspending Hernandez for his pre-NFL pot usage? Where is the jurisdiction for this kind of thing?

Goodell has jurisdiction over EVERYTHING and ANYTHING he thinks "tarnishes the shield".

On a seperate note, I guarantee that Kraft is not happy with Spike's decision- making here.

I'm 100% confident that Spikes will be suspended for at least a game for violating the NFLs Personal Conduct Policy.

I am afraid that is a lie. This is Spikes at senior bowl
282565.jpg

That video shows a Spike with all his arms filled up with tattoos. He said he got his tattoos in May on his facebook page.
So...If whoever recorded this wants to make this story stay another day he will come out with dates and times. I wonder what Doc Rivers will say to him when he next see him. Doc liked him so much. Talked about Pats drafting him way before the draft, said so much wonderful things about his personal conduct.
Ok, I have just seen the Browns O-Line fined by the NFL for accidentally carrying a gun to the airport....
Question then is this, if someone reports to Commish that a Patriot player is online looking for strangers to watch him Masturbate and get blowjobs, what will he do?

You are using a picture from 2006 at the high school All-American game. Here is a picture with a tattoo on his hand while playing at Florida.

1zzp92p.jpg

I wonder if something like this is even contained in the policy...Hank Basket played in the superbowl....His wife has a sex tape...(Not sure if he is in it or not)

is it worse than public intoxication?

Drunk Athlete (there are some funny ones in here...Jerry JOnes is quite comical)

?

I have not seen her sex tape but I do know he is not in it.

For the argument in this post, I'm going to assume that Spikes is telling the truth and this happened in college.

If he is suspended now for it, that means that it doesn't matter when you did something, only when someone decides to hang it over your head when it comes to dolling out NFL punishment.

That would set an unbelievably dangerous precedent. If I were a man of no shame, and I had access to information or evidence like this, I would wait until the Patriots were about to play my favorite team (were that not the Pats already) and THEN unveil it. Doesn't matter that it was years ago, or that he never published it himself, it's out there and he'll be punished giving my team an advantage.

Horrible. If he gets suspended it's an absolute joke.

I am not surprised and PATs fans should understand. This is not good for the image of the NFL, nor the PATS. You can say I am trying to be a puritan or whatever, but Goodell has stressed so many times that a chance to play in the NFL is a privilege and if you can't abide by the rules to leave without incidents, then stay out.
Do you all dismissing this really understand what the Chatroulette is really about? Any job will fine you if you engage in such a thing in your so called personal life and make it public. It is an embarrassment to all your associates.
What he did is beyond stupid now that I have had time to think about it.

Really, the only place I have ever worked where I could be fined was in the Army, but that was under the UCMJ. I have worked in the professional world since and I have never heard of a company "fining" an employee. I would have to wonder if that is even legal, say outside CBA's negotiated between a union and the employer.

Really, the only place I have ever worked where I could be fined was in the Army, but that was under the UCMJ. I have worked in the professional world since and I have never heard of a company "fining" an employee. I would have to wonder if that is even legal, say outside CBA's negotiated between a union and the employer.

And in this case it would be like the Army fining you for an infraction that occurred in high school before you enlisted.

I mean, if they're going to suspend Spikes for this, what if they found out he mooned someone while he was in high school and spent a night in jail for indecent exposure? What about if he was written up by his RA his freshman year for underage drinking and that RA decides to release that official warning?

If the NFL's jurisdiction extends outside of the players NFL career, where is the line?

feck, I meant to type fire!!!

My thoughts exactly. The personal conduct policy doesn't seem to apply here...

agreed...

come to think about it....

Unless she is underaged, or he is forcing her to have sex...

what is illegal?

Last edited:
My thoughts exactly. The personal conduct policy doesn't seem to apply here...

Goodell will use this language and ask for a sit-down with Spikes in NYC. We'll know more then I'm sure.

If the girl is underage or was videotaped w/o her knowledge and she causes a big stir, I go back to Goodell protecting the shield.

Such conduct alienates the fans on whom the success of the League depends and has negative and sometimes tragic consequences for both the victim and the perpetrator.

NFL personal conduct policy - NFL - ESPN

Last edited:
Ok... who's the victim?

You don't need a victim. Goodell will determine if his behavior was, as it relates to the NFL and it's fans, unbecomming.

You don't need a victim. Goodell will determine if his behavior was, as it relates to the NFL and it's fans, unbecomming.

It supposedly happened when Spikes was in college. Goodell can go pound sand.

I hear Spikes is mentally strong so all this attention will not really affect him that much, though when you are in such a situation you think the whole world knows about it which is usually not true.
How can this story be killed quickly?

So now the NFL is a moral authority? The PA would be all over this. We're not talking about someone who was in a position where something illegal was happening around him. The NFL would be suspending Spikes for a personal lifestyle choice. THERE IS NO CRIME HERE.

I hear Spikes is mentally strong so all this attention will not really affect him that much, though when you are in such a situation you think the whole world knows about it which is usually not true.
How can this story be killed quickly?

If the NFL does the right thing and does NOTHING, this goes away and no one cares except the prudes. If they decide to play Pope and suspend him, this becomes a beast that cannot be fed.

Thinking about it more...Goodell strengthened the personal conduct policy so that it's no longer just about committing crimes:

"It is not enough simply to avoid being found guilty of a crime. Instead, as an employee of the NFL or a member club, you are held to a higher standard and expected to conduct yourself in a way that is responsible, promotes the values upon which the League is based, and is lawful."

That said, I don't believe any action has ever been taken in a situation where there was no suggestion of illegal activity. What Spikes did is seriously stupid for a guy in the public spotlight (and with a lot of recognizable body art). But it was just some exhibitionism for a community of consenting voyeurs.

Penalizing a player for a more "crime against good taste" would be crossing a huge line. Compare Spikes' "values" offense to, say, being found delinquent on child support to your boatload of baby mamas.

If the NFL does the right thing and does NOTHING, this goes away and no one cares except the prudes. If they decide to play Pope and suspend him, this becomes a beast that cannot be fed.

Can we stop with the Prude/Puritan crap?

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes