PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brandon LaFell, Scott Chandler Released

Status
Not open for further replies.
When Tyms wasn't going to be tendered today, I'm not surprised about LaFell and Chandler.

no more midgets
just bring something big something fast

(how disappointing though with LaFell:
looked like just what the doctor ordered
and then the search starts all over again)

Saw this on zo's twitter

iXb1KX8.png

Not surprised on Chandler but kinda shocked (as being a Pats fan goes) about LaFell, maybe there was more beyond the foot injury?

WAs probably already talked about but with what Dobson also said today..he will be gone tomorrow

Saw this on zo's twitter

Oh God, please not Sanu.

Unless he miraculously surprises me, I can't see him being much better than LaFell could've been next year.

Plus he'll cost more than what keeping LaFell would've cost.

WAs probably already talked about but with what Dobson also said today..he will be gone tomorrow
Can you give even one instance where a player's twitter account correctly predicted a roster move?

Can you give even one instance where a player's twitter account correctly predicted a roster move?

Sanu does have the Rutgers connection BB loves. I'd give a hard pass on him though.

...said so many before Tom Brady ran out of receivers to throw to in 2006 and early 2013.

I think cutting these two is probably the right thing and we all assume they will be replaced by better players. But that's not always true, the characterization of production or contribution to the offense out of context as just a series of numbers that some other body will replace misses the point sometimes. Brandon Lafell caught more passes in 2014 than Moss did in 2008, ergo he replaced Moss' production. Like that.

i was all for giving LaFell one more year but 2014 was a career year for him he may never play like that again last years number were really not to far off from his career average as far as yards go and he will be 30 by mid season, he was signed as a well know run blocker and gave the pats a pretty good season in a SB year i wish him the best of luck and hope he dose well with his new team but i think it was time for him to move on

Lafell was great in the 2014 playoff run. Sad to see that it didn't work out in 2015.

Also Dobson is getting released too

Tom E. Curran ‏@tomecurran 22s22 seconds ago
The Patriots have released Brandon LaFell and Scott Chandler.

Guess there'll be some changes. Chandler was, obviously, a disappointment, LaFell didn't look happy.

$4M in cap savings.
Onward and upward. You don't produce or can't stay on the field and not an elite talent you are gone.

Just moved Georgia's Malcolm Mitchell way up my board. Strikes me as a perfect fit for this team. Has plenty of SEC big school experience, very smart, decent good athleticism and fits that Lafell role perfectly. Also plays special teams and even some defence.

Remember LaFell publicly questioning BB's strategy on watching film?
I didn't take that too seriously. He said too much but it wasn't a big deal.

What about Roddy White?

• Ha Ha
Reactions: TBR
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes