PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brandon LaFell, Scott Chandler Released

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brandon Gibson coming off ACL never had speed to begin with probably lost what little he had no major loss.

Julian Edelman @Edelman11
Thanks for everything patsnation!

Was hoping he'd stick around. Decent player. Always thought he'd be the next Wes Welker.

Ok: "IF" the Patriots Release Aaron Dropson I'm going to be officially worried.:D

Ok: "IF" the Patriots Release Aaron Dropson I'm going to be officially worried.:D
Really? Cause if that happens I might do some pushups and then feel badly about myself because I can't do them correctly.

Aaron Dobson isn't going to all of a sudden learn to get separation and get open. Im sure he'll get a shot to prove himself because he's cheap, but he can't get the job done.

Sorry, but cheap is no longer important. In my book. He is a bust. Gets hurt EVERY year. 3yrs is enough.

TIME is important, now. Get that 5th RING in Brady's window. Need to do what the Broncos did, pay to get the talent. Yes, TALENT.

How many 2015 WR receptions were not made by Edelman, Amendola, and Martin? Harper and Dobson are currently on the team as backup.

LaFell is being replaced, and others will be brought in. It is not clear that this is a major overhaul.

Lafell is a mediocre reciever who had one above average season... It happens. 2014 is not the norm and even then he was just solid. I said going into the offseason it would be nice to have a complete youth revamp of the skill position talent and WR, RB, and Number 2 TE. I know the Broncos defense is incredible but they just looked old and slow out there aside from Gronk who was literally triple teamed because no one gives a damn about his teammates

As impressive as Dobson's highlights package was, the real problem with the pick (even though I was fine with it at time) was it was so freaking obvious it should have been Keenan Allen. Ah well.
I've said this over a million times. It still burns me to this day

They cut LaFell, told Tyms and Gibson that they won't be returning, and apparently said something to Dobson that has made him question his future. I can't help but think that Belichick has two clear moves in mind, because at this point he's not even trying to keep guys around as depth. He's making a conscious effort to start over (or at least close to it) among those outside receivers.

It would seem a bit odd not to keep Dobson around for training camp, in my opinion. He's cheap and knows the system. He's got to be good enough to keep as camp fodder at worst, no?

I'm wondering if he's either retweeting the astrology stuff that others have mentioned, or is just worried since there's obviously been some uncertainty in general, along with the recent WR cuts?

Darius Fleming out as well.
Interesting. Cheap at $675K. Plays a little defense and a lot of special teams.
Costs very little to keep around.

Darius Fleming goes while Jonny Freeny the slow, poor-tackling, can't-cover-either-of-my-late-grandmas
crapster stays. Nobody will ever tell me that Bill doesn't have his pets. Freeny = Eric Alexander.

This FO does too many things ass-backwards. Even the transcendence of Brady can't cover-up all of its feck-ups.

Darius Fleming goes while Jonny Freeny the slow, poor-tackling, can't-cover-either-of-my-late-grandmas
crapster stays. Nobody will ever tell me that Bill doesn't have his pets. Freeny = Eric Alexander.

This FO does too many things ass-backwards. Even the transcendence of Brady can't cover-up all of its feck-ups.
Fleming and Freeny play completely different positions. Bill tried to upgrade from Freeny with Bostic who didn't do anything with the opportunities he had. And Mayo was a shell of himself. Add that to the fact Hightower and Collins missed extended time and bill had no choice but to give Freeny snaps. I'm not a fan of Freeny either but getting bent out of shape because Darius Fleming was released and citing it as another FO **** up is on Adam Jones of 98.5 level of try hard trolling.

Wow major shakeup going on with receivers. Looks like our off season will be fun to follow!

It was until Judge Chin decided to be the world's largest spoil sport.

Not like Brandon Lloyd or Brandon LaFell came in and immediately produced or anything....

Hilarious that you think what the Pats have for WR right now is what they will be going into the season with. Nice chicken little talk

Lloyd and Lafell provided just what was needed from the #2 receiver to go with elite players in both the slot (Welker and Edelman) and tight end (Gronk.) WRs like them are not easy to find, but they are available via FA or trade. I expect Belichick to find a couple of WRs with the ability to deliver 70+ catches, around 900 yards, and 50 first downs to keep the chains moving.

WR is the most irrational market in the NFL where teams routinely overspend against their cap for a player who compromises value elsewhere. I applaud the Patriots for sticking within their budget while still putting one of, if not the most, productive offense on the field every year with Brady at the controls.

Hey, Freeny isn't quite as bad as Eric Alexander. He's somewhere between Alexander and Guyton.........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents