PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brandon LaFell, Scott Chandler Released

Status
Not open for further replies.
What about Roddy White?
All these washed up vet WRs would make sense if the Patriots were looking to take a slight downgrade on LaFell at significant cap savings. The almost unanimous expectation right now is that the Patriots are instead looking to upgrade on LaFell, and it's not exactly clear right now what the plan is to do that.

I thought that LaFell might be given TC at least, to see if 2015 or 2014 was the aberration.

Good effing riddence, however, to Scott Chandler, the Danny Cater of Bill's 2014/15 off-season.

Marvin Marvin... aka. Marvin Jones 6'2"

Rueben! aka> Rueben Randle 6'4"

Both are young, and shows talent and probably not break the bank.

Both would be very nice and we would be set.

Dump Dobson & Tyms.

Restructure Amendola.

Last edited:
At this point I just want to be sure whatever else the Patriots get that they have a good 4th option.

I don't want a guy you put behind Gronk/Edelman/Lewis. I want a guy you put out there with them.

We need 1 more skill player who is very good and if the OL does not look miles better we need to address it.

After Spygate minus a number one draft pick, BB put his trader hat on and went shopping for WRs…Welker and Moss spending a #2 and a #4.
2016 has the same feel.
This offense is in tatters…OL, WR, TE, RB….and a bunch of middle round newbies aren't going to advance the cause. The OL needs certified quality instead of projects. WR needs speed and size. RB needs a 3 down back plus quality depth. And a TE with more than one talent.
It's a rebuild.
PS….please jettison Cannon and end this nightmare

I just want an offensive line for Christmas.

After Spygate minus a number one draft pick, BB put his trader hat on and went shopping for WRs…Welker and Moss spending a #2 and a #4.
2016 has the same feel.
This offense is in tatters…OL, WR, TE, RB….and a bunch of middle round newbies aren't going to advance the cause. The OL needs certified quality instead of projects. WR needs speed and size. RB needs a 3 down back plus quality depth. And a TE with more than one talent.
It's a rebuild.
PS….please jettison Cannon and end this nightmare

Spygate actually affected the draft after that. It took place the first regular season game with Moss and Welker.

Spygate happened after Welker and Moss were signed.

I hope to God we get rid of Dobson.

I dont think there is any advantage to cutting him now vs training camp.. so they mine as well see if he rehabbed and spent the offseason productively before making that decision

I don't think any of these old vets would hold up.....prob too much demanded by Brady

Rishard Matthews anyone?

I don't think any of these old vets would hold up.....prob too much demanded by Brady

Rishard Matthews anyone?
It would depend on the cost but he might be a good fit if he was paid around the same as LaFell. Good size. The question is if you're really upgrading with that signing. Same thing with Sanu although he has intriguing offensive versatility.

My gut tells me the Pats are gonna make a hard push for Forte and get 1 or 2 legitimate weapons at WR, via FA or trade.

Can you give even one instance where a player's twitter account correctly predicted a roster move?

It's happened. And he already deleted it and if it was about something else why would he delete? I expect him gone tomorrow now

We need someone with the speed of a cat and smart enough to stay away from weed.

Honest to god Josh Gordon just seems like the perfect Bill Belichick move. It seems too perfect not to happen. Seriously, how prototypical is this? Elite-level relatively young player on bottom-of-the-barrel organization has had too many issues and needs a fresh start but is one mistake away from possibly being out of football.

It's freakin' Randy Moss 2: Electric Boogaloo.

Rishard Matthews and Percy Harvin would be a good addition.
Josh Gordon and or Calvin Johnson and Brady is gunning for every record.
I would also talk to the Rams regarding Tavon Austin just to see if there is anyway to move him for a low cost.

Rishard Matthews and Percy Harvin would be a good addition.
Josh Gordon and or Calvin Johnson and Brady is gunning for every record.
I would also talk to the Rams regarding Tavon Austin just to see if there is anyway to move him for a low cost.

Hows he going to stretch the field and bomb it out to those 2 WRs with a wet paper bag as an offensive line? He was trying a quick passing game against the Broncos and get MURDERED... if he was doing 5-7 step drops with this offensive line he'd have a career ending injury

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents