PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brandon LaFell, Scott Chandler Released

Status
Not open for further replies.
Forte marvin Jones and Percy Harvin would make me giddy
Josh Gordon or Calvin Johnson I would be dancing in the streets

I had such high hopes for Chandler with Brady throwing him the porker.

I'm glad BB cut his losses though.

Not sure I see WR as a greater need than the OL or TE depth or LB depth. Fans are just obsessed with WRs.

Edelman is awesome, Amendola is really good, Keshawn is a solid 4th option, Dobson is on his last legs, Harper is a project/pipe dream and Slater isn't a real WR anymore.

I wish our OL was in that good of a shape.

I just don't see what everyone sees in Amendola. Danny has been here 3 years. None of his
3 were as good as LaFell in 2014. LaFell had 74 rec 953yd and 7 td's.

DA
13 54 rec 633 yd 2 td
14 27 REC 200 YD 1TD
15 65 rec 648 yd 3 td

I just don't see what everyone sees in Amendola. Danny has been here 3 years. None of his
3 were as good as LaFell in 2014. LaFell had 74 rec 953yd and 7 td's.

Agreed. I'd be okay with Amendola's production if his cap wasn't $6 million.

Not that I agree with it but it could be worth thinking about cutting Amendola post June 1, we save up to a little bit over $5 million in cap. With Chandler and LaFell gone we could use that money for a similar receiver that could put up similar production similar to Amendola while spending the rest on something else. Restructure/pay cut is definitely the best way to go but at the moment Amendola isn't worth $6 million a year.

Great. Spend the money on Dwayne Allen please!

They don't necessarily need to cut Amendola but he definitely needs to take a pay cut. He absolutely can't be here at 6 million.

There's still plenty of ways to save money this year; restructure Amendola, extend Sheard, Chandler Jones and Hightower (or trade Jones), cut Cannon. Could certainly see them signing some decent FAs. I hope so because I think it would be foolish to rely entirely on the draft.

IMO my perfect-but-still-affordable solution without considering trades is to get Amendola to take a pay cut, then sign Marvin Jones to a semi-pricey but not too bad deal; sign Matt Forte to around $2.5-3m a year for 2-3 years, sign Jermaine Gresham for a couple mil a year and then draft Braxton Miller in the second (maybe trade up a bit to do so if need be).

Maybe they are clearing cap space for resigning Hightower, Collins, Jones and Butler.

I think this timing is in line with BB theory to give experienced players that he plans to cut, plenty of time to find a new team.

How many touchdowns did LaFell score this past year? Hint: ZERO
What's the story with him?

Travis Benjamin, Dwayne Allen , Forte WR Draft Pick = Profit.

Agreed. I'd be okay with Amendola's production if his cap wasn't $6 million.

Not that I agree with it but it could be worth thinking about cutting Amendola post June 1, we save up to a little bit over $5 million in cap. With Chandler and LaFell gone we could use that money for a similar receiver that could put up similar production similar to Amendola while spending the rest on something else. Restructure/pay cut is definitely the best way to go but at the moment Amendola isn't worth $6 million a year.
I would pay him $6m just to go back in time and field that punt that bounced off Harper's face in Denver.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes