PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brandon LaFell, Scott Chandler Released

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess la Drop was a one year wonder, but what a year it was. I thought chandler would be a great addition, he turned into a great bust.

Last edited:
Four clear needs on Offense now:

WR
RB
TE2 (unless they feel good about AJ Derby)
OT3 (have to assume Cannon is a goner).

Not in order.

I'd cut Amendola too. Would like a bigger WR...Sanu and a fast one too. Tyler Boyd.

Any surprises on defense Belichick is cleaning house expecting Chandler moved for a player Gordon, or Calvin or one or 2 high picks.
Maybe his afc championship was quiet because he was recovering from getting high

Not Sanu please.
I like my madden roster of wideouts
Gordon Marvin Jones Edelman Tavon Austin Rams traded him for Admendola and a 4th and 5th Justin Hunter and Aaron Dobson straddling the bench.

Four clear needs on Offense now:

WR
RB
TE2 (unless they feel good about AJ Derby)
OT3 (have to assume Cannon is a goner).

Not in order.

I'd cut Amendola too. Would like a bigger WR...Sanu and a fast one too. Tyler Boyd.

@dougkyed
Patriots are left with Edelman, Amendola, Keshawn, Dobson, Harper, Slater at WR. Safe to say that's now the No. 1 need this offseason.

BB has to have a plan or a trade in place for March 9th. He is not rolling with rookies at the position again.

Not sure I see WR as a greater need than the OL or TE depth or LB depth. Fans are just obsessed with WRs.

Edelman is awesome, Amendola is really good, Keshawn is a solid 4th option, Dobson is on his last legs, Harper is a project/pipe dream and Slater isn't a real WR anymore.

I wish our OL was in that good of a shape.

Not sure I see WR as a greater need than the OL or TE depth or LB depth. Fans are just obsessed with WRs.

Edelman is awesome, Amendola is really good, Keshawn is a solid 4th option, Dobson is on his last legs, Harper is a project/pipe dream and Slater isn't a real WR anymore.

That's probably the worst starting unit (the WR's) in the league as of right now and is one injury away from being an unmitigated disaster. Both are needs. You could argue WR is the bigger need of the two due to Dante's return, return to health of Solder and Vollmer, and the growth of the second year guys on the OL. WR is a definite need and the team needs at least two of them.

Fair points. OL has more quality kids obviously (Andrews and Mason in particular look promising long term). They don't really have an Edelman though.

@scottzolak
Something's coming down the line here

Is the DE across from Ansah any good? :D (Jones for Johnson, sign Mario)

Yup.. year 4, there are no more excuses.. its put up or shut up for Dobson

I wouldn't be surprised if Dobson is shown the door not too long after Lafell. At the longest, he'll be a camp cut.

How can they possibly feel good about Derby? He hasn't played a down in any NFL setting.

I didn't say that they did. But they drafted a TE last year and cut one today. It's not impossible that the plan is to replace one with the other. By the by, plenty of players don't play downs in the NFL before playing for the team. They're called draft picks.

WR is a must have position.

Edelman and Andelman are proven and everyone else a project. Harper, Martin and Dobson could be gone before training camp convenes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes