PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brandin Cooks??..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Uptown

Standin' Pat
Reaction score
Hey guys and gals,

So, apparently Saints WR Brandin Cooks "may" be available for trade this offseason. He's apparently frustrated with his role in the offense. Hypothetically speaking; since BB & Sean Payton are buddies, how would you feel about Cooks in NE?

Brandin Cooks could be at center of offseason trade talks

While I would love to see TFB throwing passes to Cooks and BB praised him in the joint practices last year, I see one big red flag... He is complaining about a lack of targets this year (51 receptions) and he likely wouldn't see that many in NE where only Edelman has more catches 64..........He is under contract through 2017 and as first rounder would the price be too high????? Is he willing to be one of many receivers or as a first round WR ( synonym for diva) is he willing to share..????

Pretty damn impressive for the Saints to have the #1 offense and not have Cooks in a contributing role. I thought he was a decent part of that offense. I guess not.

I said this in another thread, but this Gronk-less offense still has more talent than the #1 Saints offense.

Brady & McDaniels can make this work.

I think he would excel in this offense but I doubt the Patriots would give the Saints more than a second for him.

Pretty damn impressive for the Saints to have the #1 offense and not have Cooks in a contributing role. I thought he was a decent part of that offense. I guess not.

I said this in another thread, but this Gronk-less offense still has more talent than the #1 Saints offense.

Brady & McDaniels can make this work.

The players agree.

1. On the day after Patriots players learned that tight end Rob Gronkowski was undergoing back surgery and expected to miss the remainder of the season, the locker room was as loose as it had been all year. A magician who has been around the club at times this year was present, running back LeGarrette Blountand quarterback Jimmy Garoppolo stood behind a camera trying to force receiver Chris Hogan into laughter as he filmed a public service announcement, and the general mood was upbeat. I asked one team leader to sum up his thoughts on how the team was dealing with the mental blow of losing Gronkowski and this was the response: “Everyone knows how special he is and it hurts, but this year, more so than other years, we feel like there are more weapons and so no one is freaking out about it."

Whomever said that is 100% right.

Patriots appear confident they can overcome Rob Gronkowski void

"They hate Gronk Mike!"

"They absolutely do Tony! I'm telling you they are better without Gronk, it's like when they traded Moss. They have grown tired of his act."

I'm sure those two morons have been throwing out all kinds of speculation that simply does not exist.

I was specifically referring to the, 'Brady and Josh can make this work' comment as it's key the players buy into that belief. As long as Marty can get healthy, the line does it's job, LG continues to produce when the need him to, Lewis continues to improve, TB12 doesn't throw it to JE11 20 times a game and trust DA, Hogan and MM to make plays there is no reason why they cant put up 30 a game.

Last edited:
I'm sure those two morons have been throwing out all kinds of speculation that simply does not exist.

I was specifically referring to the, 'Brady and Josh can make this work' comment as it's key the players buy into that belief. As long as Marty can get healthy, the line does it's job, LG continues to produce when the need him to, Lewis continues to improve and TB12 doesn't throw it to JE11 20 times a game and trust DA, Hogan and MM to make plays there is no reason why they cant put up 30 a game.
More the line needs to play well more than anything. San Fran shouldn't have gotten pressure so easily and I don't think the Jets pass rush is supposed to be that good. Also this is probably the worst competition we've had in the league in a long time. Anyone could take it.

While I like Cooks, I would rather trade for a big impact type of defensive player. Do the Saints have any good players on defense?

While I like Cooks, I would rather trade for a big impact type of defensive player. Do the Saints have any good players on defense?
Cam Jordan, that's it. And I can't imagine they'd give away their one good defensive player.

I'd take a guy like Akiem Hicks again....That was a classic pillaging by BB

Cameron Jordan & Delvin Breaux is all i can think of..

More the line needs to play well more than anything. San Fran shouldn't have gotten pressure so easily and I don't think the Jets pass rush is supposed to be that good. Also this is probably the worst competition we've had in the league in a long time. Anyone could take it.

Today should be a decent test for the O-line although I expect them to run the ball more than usual. Rams have a quick d-line but a bit on the smaller side.

Nothing cools a pin-your-ears-back pass rush better than running the ball and play action.

Plus with TB12's knee still in recovery mode, I don't trust a-hole Fisher to encourage clean play.

Cameron Jordan & Delvin Breaux is all i can think of..

IIRC BB made a hard-push for that kid but because he was born and raised on the bayou, he went with Peyton & Co.

Mitchell is basically same type of player

2 Different players.

I loved Cooks coming out and think he's a player but trading for a former 1st wr would probably be too much. Especially considering he's not a focal point of the offense.

Defense this off season. Megatron can come out of retirement and I will still not care. Fix this defense. Opposing defenses have not fear at all. They just stand back there and with such ease as if they are throwing darts from 1 ft.

The Jets gave a great D line. It was a division game. Always a tough game down in NY regardless of the teams' records and the Jets came to play.

Not much to see there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call