PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brandin Cooks??..

Status
Not open for further replies.
A reformed Josh Gordon?
I liked what I saw from the Penn State Tight end reminds me of a less athletic AJ Derby let me hold back my tears and continue.
A player complaining about targets is not a BB guy.
As much as I love the talent unless BB has a convo with this kid I dont see it.
I think the kid has ridic talent so I dont know why NO doesnt want to utilize him.
As we saw with Hicks and Ninkovich every team does make mistakes for one reason or another.
Im happy with Hogan,Mitchell with Edelman in the slot and hopefully GRONK and Bennett.
Unless the cost is a low second for Cooks i'd pass.
However if I could offer a first for Cooks and Breaux where do I sign up.

Pretty damn impressive for the Saints to have the #1 offense and not have Cooks in a contributing role. I thought he was a decent part of that offense. I guess not.

I said this in another thread, but this Gronk-less offense still has more talent than the #1 Saints offense.

Brady & McDaniels can make this work.

True

Brees lost Graham and is still putting up huge numbers. No excuses!

Defense this off season. Megatron can come out of retirement and I will still not care. Fix this defense. Opposing defenses have not fear at all. They just stand back there and with such ease as if they are throwing darts from 1 ft.

Lets wait and see how we do in the playoffs

He seems to be a diva, which is a bit of red flag - but that might not exclude him from giving him a shot. Chad Johnson, Randy Moss, Corey Dillon (as a RB) were all divas. (LaGauerrette Blount might have had some diva reputation too). They might not have all perfectly "fit in", but they were all over given a chance and most have produced.

Sean Payton re-tweeted this fan response to the report:

Brandin Cooks is vertical threat with small catch radius, that requires OL to pass block longer and the QB to be very accurate on deep passes. I don't think he will be very effective in the Patriot's high percentage short to intermediate passing game.

I would love to have Cooks in NE. Imagine if Welker had deep speed and was bizarrely good at going up to make contested catches. He's also by all accounts the hardest worker on any team he's ever played for, so I think he and Belichick and Brady would all get along.

Hey guys and gals,

So, apparently Saints WR Brandin Cooks "may" be available for trade this offseason. He's apparently frustrated with his role in the offense. Hypothetically speaking; since BB & Sean Payton are buddies, how would you feel about Cooks in NE?

Brandin Cooks could be at center of offseason trade talks
The guy has 700+ receiving yards, his team scored 40+ points last week and after the game, he complained about his targets.

Not sure that would work here.

Wait a minute according to that article we almost traded Collins for cooks.

d%#*!@t why did that fall through I would have loved that trade. Cooks is a stud stretches the field. Brady's deep ball would have been potent and it would open up the underneath game.

Much rather have cooks than a 4th rounder

we forget Bress averages 650 pass att 450 comp 5000 yards and 35 TD's since joining the saints a 1000 yard WR in that offense is pretty much Chris Hogan a #2/3 WR you can get deep a little, Cooks is far from a Elite WR and apart from Drew Bress will be noting but a roll player

we forget Bress averages 650 pass att 450 comp 5000 yards and 35 TD's since joining the saints a 1000 yard WR in that offense is pretty much Chris Hogan a #2/3 WR you can get deep a little, Cooks is far from a Elite WR and apart from Drew Bress will be noting but a roll player

Cooks is better than hogan

Amendola will most likely be gone after this season, so cooks could easily take his spot, but I don't think bill would spend a penny over 7 mill/ year for him, and who knows if cooks would take that offer.

Could easily see a WR needy team offering more and paying more money for him than us.

I think getting cookd would be the perfect bb move. This guy is perfect for the pats offense and in simple terms a pure playmaker.

Bb let's do this!

why do you think different players? they have similar skills set but used differently....similar size, can run go route, etc. curious on your thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots