PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Branch Gone, What are Pats options?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Real World

Reaction score
I pray that the Patriots aren't going to go with the current crop of Wide outs. Is there any hope that they may try to make another trade for a WR, or sign a free agent like Charles Rogers.

BTW, didn't Bethel Johnson get cut by NO?

Any idea's on what the options are?

Focus on coaching up our current WR's ( Gabriel, Chad Jackson, Reche, Bam) and then in the 2007 draft trade up and get Ted Ginn Jr.:bricks:

Rodgers stinks and Bethel stinks.

As of now starters will be

Caldwell
Gabriel
Brown
Jackson
Childress

For now in that order is my best guess.

What in the world would bringing in Rogers or Bethel do?

Let's actually see Jackson and Gabriel play before we jump to conclusions.

pats1 said:
What in the world would bringing in Rogers or Bethel do?

Let's actually see Jackson and Gabriel play before we jump to conclusions.

I'm fine with who we have, but I do think if Charles Rogers ever gets on a good team with a good QB, he'd probably be a good WR.

I presume that Gabriel was brought in to start. I suspect that bb and pioli were pretty sure what the result of this situation would be: no Branch for at least 9 games. Caldwell was brought in to be our #2. Troy is the #3. Jackson will come into the mix when he is ready. Childress will likely be inactive, or on the practice squad, as soon as Jackson and Gabriel are at 100%.

Gabriel, Caldwell, Brown and Jackson

Get used to it.

mgteich said:

Get used to it.

This sounds fine to me. Did anyone think know who Givens, Branch & Patten were a couple of years ago? Did people think we had a strong WR crew then?

I can't wait to see Jackson play.

Last edited:
The way Brady spreads the ball around we do not need a traditional #1 WR.

Watson and Brown will likely be his 3rd down blankets, but Gabriel, Jackson, Graham, Faulk and Caldwell can all be called upon.

When Gabriel and Jackson get healthy this WR corps will be deep and capable. Combine that fact with our TE's and our running game, we will be okay.

BTW, where was the play action yesterday?

mgteich said:
I presume that Gabriel was brought in to start. I suspect that bb and pioli were pretty sure what the result of this situation would be: no Branch for at least 9 games. Caldwell was brought in to be our #2. Troy is the #3. Jackson will come into the mix when he is ready. Childress will likely be inactive, or on the practice squad, as soon as Jackson and Gabriel are at 100%.

Get used to it.

I totally agree. Clearly they were not gonna let him sit out games and then come back. Maybe they held out hope that he would report for the first game. But the day after he didn't he was gone. Branch is not a player with the kind of character that a Troy Brown or Tedy Bruschi possess. He did not want to be part of an organization dedicated to the team first. So it's now or never in Seattle. If they miss the playoffs there will be celebration in New England.

LloydBraun said:
BTW, where was the play action yesterday?

It was snuffed out about three times, at least two them batted out of the air by the Bill d-lineman. Looks like they were prepared for the play action. BTW did anyone see how many passes Brady had batted down?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News