PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Branch And Chayut File Grievance

Status
Not open for further replies.
AndyJohnson said:
Thats ridiuclous. You cant force a team to trade a player.
Chayut is desperate, and apparently incompetant as well.

apparently?

apparently??

ANDY !! this guy is/has been a joke throughout this !!

standard lawyer response.

miDeuce said:
Anyone know if BB's press conference is gonna be broadcast on the internet? Checked Patriots.com, didn't see anything...
All he will say is "iam happy to talk about yesterday's game or the players who are here" iam not holding my breath for BB to even utter the word "branch"

SVN said:
All he will say is "iam happy to talk about yesterday's game or the players who are here" iam not holding my breath for BB to even utter the word "branch"
LOL THIS WILL BE A CLASSIC! :D

Deion has been very dissapointing....It's almost like this guy knows he is injury prone and is just trying to get the max $$$ in this contract.......But he isn't half the Receiver TO is and people grew sour to him........I think it's impossible for Deion to ever play for the Pats again...Right now I say let him sit.....Franchise him and trade him next year....The $500,000 he's already amasssed in fines plus 10 weeks of no game checks will hurt him and his family....He will owe Money at the end of the year............I think the precedent was set last year with TO's grievance........Don't look to the arbitrator for help Deion!!

Last edited:
desi-patsfan said:
I was still hoping to get Branch back with us but now i have finally given up on him. Either we trade him or we deactivate him. Lets go with what he have and pick up someone else as needed.

Yes, I agree. I am thoroughly fed up with him and his agent. And yes, I blame Branch. Is he totally helpless? At any time, he could tell his agent to take a hike.

Well.... I think this is step one...I think he may try tpo go with a lawsuit or something...I did mention this in my 12th man article...of Wed.in talking about how he may react to the Pat's tactic...."I just do not think at this point he wants to react to the Patriot's tactic. It may be just more stubbornness, but it would not surprise me if Chuyut may come up with some legal tactic; may even try to sue the Patriots or the league. Who knows what nonsense might develop.".......
Just really poor on Deion's part...fair and reasonable is not what the Jets offered. He's worth that much?? Then THIS is the penalty that one must face IF you try to BREAK a contract..THAT simple.. I am NOT surprised by the grievance filed and would not be surprised if others are filed..even a lawsuit. Branch's days are GONE...plain and simple.

I, for one, am really starting to get pissed of. WTF is up with this kid and his ********* agent? I'm about at the point of not wanting him under any circumstance. Not to mention going after him full speed for every penny possible (fines).
Seriously, I've freakin had it. He's getting close to "dead to me" status.
Thanks, I needed to get that off my chest.

Goodbye, Deion.

I think both parties underestimated each others resolve on this one. Too bad because it probably didn't need to end this way. I'm disappointed in how both parties handled this mess.

Oh well. Here's hoping that Caldwell, Brown, Childress and Jackson have it in them to step up their game to help this team not waste, what is a golden opportunity, to win a SB this year.

Note to Cheyut, your client is under contract, the verbal agreement you cite isn't worth the paper it isn't written on.

Branch is officially dead to me.

This situation is spinning out of control.

I truly have no hard feeling towars Branch.
Every person in every line of work does what they need to do the earn the best pay for the work they do.
Almost all of us have realized that we can leave our joband go to another one in order to earn more money, have better work conditions, or whatever out priorities are. (Or we are at a job that is the perfect fit)
Deion Branch believes that working for the New England Patriots right now is a bad job because they are not compensating fairly in his mind.
Any of us, faced with this, would approach the employer, as Branch did. When rebuffed, what do we do? Just accept it? Of course not, because we feel we are being treated unfairly. We go get another job, shake hands, thanks for the opportunity, good luck, I did what is best for me. Would ANYONE stay in a job that is bad for them, because the employer would be better with them staying, but wont pay what someone else will? I seriously doubt it.
Deion Branch cannot quit and go to work for another company.
He has limited alternatives, and is pursuing them.
Whether we like it or not, Branch feels working for the Patriots is a bad job unless they treat him (pay him) more fairly in his mind.
What would we expect him to do? Accept it without exploring all of the alternatives?

Im sure we can all think of 100s of ways to criticize how Branch has handled this. However, is there anyone out there who has never handled an employment issue in a way that could be questioned?

It is the mans life and the mans job. I know that no one is allowed to question my decisions about employment, because they are not in my shoes. I dont know why we feel compelled or allowed to judge him.

AndyJohnson said:
I truly have no hard feeling towars Branch.
Every person in every line of work does what they need to do the earn the best pay for the work they do.
Almost all of us have realized that we can leave our joband go to another one in order to earn more money, have better work conditions, or whatever out priorities are. (Or we are at a job that is the perfect fit)
Deion Branch believes that working for the New England Patriots right now is a bad job because they are not compensating fairly in his mind.
Any of us, faced with this, would approach the employer, as Branch did. When rebuffed, what do we do? Just accept it? Of course not, because we feel we are being treated unfairly. We go get another job, shake hands, thanks for the opportunity, good luck, I did what is best for me. Would ANYONE stay in a job that is bad for them, because the employer would be better with them staying, but wont pay what someone else will? I seriously doubt it.
Deion Branch cannot quit and go to work for another company.
He has limited alternatives, and is pursuing them.
Whether we like it or not, Branch feels working for the Patriots is a bad job unless they treat him (pay him) more fairly in his mind.
What would we expect him to do? Accept it without exploring all of the alternatives?

Im sure we can all think of 100s of ways to criticize how Branch has handled this. However, is there anyone out there who has never handled an employment issue in a way that could be questioned?

It is the mans life and the mans job. I know that no one is allowed to question my decisions about employment, because they are not in my shoes. I dont know why we feel compelled or allowed to judge him.

Oh, and by the wayu, the exact same thing goes for BB Kraft and the Pats.

He is under contract, and he's not here. He is a man without honor.
another crybaby athelite. I must disagree with you AJ.
He'll get no respect, nor sympathy from me.

AndyJohnson said:
Oh, and by the wayu, the exact same thing goes for BB Kraft and the Pats.
andy, you're very wrong here... branch and his agent AGREED to play for the patriots for 5 years, for certain sums of money each year... when you try to equate it to one of us common folk, you neglect to realize that we have not signed 5-yr contracts... branch was paid very well in exchange for his workplace freedom... so well, in fact, that he (with the advice of a professional lawyer) agreed to this deal.

on top of that, the pats have agreed to greatly INCREASE that money (which they did NOT have to do)... according to branch's contract (which he liked enough to sign), which falls under the guidlines of the CBA, the pats can pay him $1M or so this year, then, they have every right to franchise his next year.

Last edited:
A J. i agree with you but he has a contract. If he was a free agent
i`d say he had a right to seek another job.What good is a contract
if you don`t honor it.

SCPatBoy said:
Good for BB...............I want Branch to learn a lesson for all this..........

Yea, that at the end of the day he'll still be a millionaire.

Yea, you guys will really teach him a lesson. Yay, go team internet.

Bobs My Uncle said:
I'm disappointed in how both parties handled this mess.

How could the Pats have handled it any better?

The little weasel is under contract for this season. The team offered to extend that contract, paying him this year's franchise tag money (average of top 5 highest paid WR in the league) for his choice of 3 or 5 additional years. The little weasel rejects the offer and doesn't offer a counter offer.

What are the Pats supposed to do? Tear up his contract and pay the little weasel Marvin Harrison money?

What would you have offered him?

"He has no honor"

What is this? An NFL football team or a clan of samurai?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft