PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Branch And Chayut File Grievance

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm still trying to figure out the part where Chayut says were talked about a 4yr deal, then signed a 5 year, so I want to go back and pretend that I signed something different because 5 years later I wish I didnt.

AndyJohnson said:
let me mkae sure I understand this.

Chayut wants someone to tell the Patriots what they have to accept in a trade?

Ludicrous.

What he wants is an arbitrator to help mediate the trade process between NYJ and NE. Similar to the Parcells situation in 1997. Chayut wants the NFL to tell NE, "Branch is a Jet" and we'll meet with both sides to help decide on compensation.

Ceresco said:
I think Branch needs some of these

65600L.jpg

I posted this in another thread but thought it applie shere:

this stuff gets so comical.

people trying to force things when they have no leverage is funny to watch.

whaa whaa, doesn't matter what we agreed to - we have different wants now. whaa whaa - somebody help us.

the pats are under no obligation whatsoever to give deion anything.
if he doesn't like it too bad.

he can sit out the season if he likes.

asking the league to step in cuz he wants a new contract is hysterical.

and trying to claim that the pats aren't being fair with what they are demanding in return is priceless. they can, and always have been able to demand whatever they want. HE HAS NO LEVERAGE.

I got an idea for him - play the season. then leave next year. if they franchise you, you get top dollar. based on the contract's I've heard he's accepting, he's not getting much more than the pats offered anyway.

what a clown. they get with these agents and think they can just do whatever they want. he is a business asset, his rights are owned, and he
cannot tell the patriots what to do with their assets.

this will be interesting to watch...

23 minutes until 4 oclock!

It's getting even uglier. Looks like we're gonna be right back where we were a week ago now...

No way, if doing something stupid was the criteria, he would have fired his agent a long time ago. I think this is hysterical, do you think the Jets are thinking "Oh s*#t, somebody may actually make us act on our offer?????"

PonyExpress said:
Next step: Branch fires agent.
I don't think so. At this point I think Branch is on the same page as his lunatic agent. If he's not, he would have fired him a long time ago.

This means only one thing, Branch isn't going to be traded. He will stay a Patriot. My guess is that Branch will be de-activated for the season so he will not be a distraction.

PonyExpress said:
I'm thinking thats the only way Branch will ever play for the Patriots again.

SCPatBoy said:
This is just plain and Simple a Sympathy Card Chayut is using....Theres no way anyone rules in Branch's Favor......This is So Branch and Chayut can say look what the Pats are doing to poor Deion....Deion will probably have his son with him at the press conference!!

Branch has 0 chance of winning this.....

PonyExpress said:
wait.......stop!

not before we send in Mankins for the lawyer low-blow special

Jacky Roberts said:
What he wants is an arbitrator to help mediate the trade process between NYJ and NE. Similar to the Parcells situation in 1997. Chayut wants the NFL to tell NE, "Branch is a Jet" and we'll meet with both sides to help decide on compensation.

Thats ridiuclous. You cant force a team to trade a player.
Chayut is desperate, and apparently incompetant as well.

SCPatBoy said:
Per Providence Journall with NFLPA....Screw Branch
I like this news because it shows how desperate Chayut is. I mean, they don't have a hook to hang their helmets on with regards to this grievance, but it's pathetic they filed it in the first place.

Chayut. Rhymes with "idiot." Or at least it should.

I'm one of the few around here that hasn't gone running around bashing Branch, but this just shows that his agent is a nincompoop and an amateur. I mean, it seemed pretty clear before, but this is definitive proof. It's like we all got faxed an old IQ test of Chayut with "78" in the final score column.

A grievance? For this? I thought the thread title was a joke, I really did. A grievance?!?!? Good lord.

Anyone know if BB's press conference is gonna be broadcast on the internet? Checked Patriots.com, didn't see anything...

Chayut is alleging that there was a verbal agreement between he and the Patriots that New England would deal Branch if presented with a “fair and reasonable” offer.

Chayut alleges that the Jets presented New England with that offer but that the Patriots didn’t act on it.

A “special master” is an arbitrator that works for both the NFL and the NFLPA. He rules on whether or not grieved issues are in violation of the Collective Bargaining Agreement.

In this case, the definition of “fair and reasonable” is so subjective, there’s little chance any ruling would go to Branch.
Ay yi yi. Chayut is looking like a bigger fool all the time. So let me get this straight:

1. The player is under contract and is obligated to play for the team for a certain period of time.

2. Despite this, the player chooses to disregard his contractual obligations and fails to report.

3. The team, which was under no obligation to do so, nevertheless offered the player a contract extension for $19M over 3 years, and as another alternative for 5 years and $30M.

4. The player does not even respond to these offers with a counteroffer.

5. The team voluntarily extends the privilege to the player to find for himself a trade to another team if the team which owns the player's rights can receive what they consider fair and reasonable compensation. Of course the team is under no obligation to make this offer and is under no obligation to accept any offer EVEN IF, in their sole judgment, they do not feel is fair and reasonable and in their best interests.

6. The player files a grievance against the team for supposedly violating the terms of an imaginary agreement.

What's wrong with this picture? :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Wow. Branch has now passed the threshold. Like the NFL would ever let Branch win in this situation, so in the future any time a player wants more money, they have to be traded for what ever the players agent wanted. Sorry to say guys, but i think Branch's time as a patriot is over.

scout said:
I'm thinking thats the only way Branch will ever play for the Patriots again.
i think the agent is just making the situation bad between the pats and branch so they will at least release or deal him or something so at least he earns his commission.

hey deion, smell that? smells like coffee doesn't it?

it's about time you smelled that deion....

take a big whiff, ....now hold it....

what do ya think??

watcha think' bout now deion??

you still tellin' kraft and pioli and belichick how it's gonna be deion??

you still callin the shots bro? have another whiff boy, it's good fer ya!

you give us a call when you've had a change of heart there son...

we'll be right here, like always...

PromisedLand said:
Ay yi yi. Chayut is looking like a bigger fool all the time. So let me get this straight:

1. The player is under contract and is obligated to play for the team for a certain period of time.

2. Despite this, the player chooses to disregard his contractual obligations and fails to report.

3. The team, which was under no obligation to do so, nevertheless offered the player a contract extension for $19M over 3 years, and as another alternative for 5 years and $30M.

4. The player does not even respond to these offers with a counteroffer.

5. The team voluntarily extends the privilege to the player to find for himself a trade to another team if the team which owns the player's can receive what they consider fair and reasonable compensation. Of course the team is under no obligation to make this offer and is under no obligation to accept any offer EVEN IF, in their sole judgment, they do not feel is fair and reasonable and in their best interests.

6. The player files a grievance against the team for supposedly violating the terms of an imaginary agreement.

What's wrong with this picture? :rolleyes:

Exactly.

YOUR GONNA FILE A GRIEVANCE WITH THE NFLPA WHEN YOUR NOT HONORING YOUR CURRENT CONTRACT!!!!!!!!!!!

I was still hoping to get Branch back with us but now i have finally given up on him. Either we trade him or we deactivate him. Lets go with what he have and pick up someone else as needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft