SCPatBoy

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
Per Providence Journall with NFLPA....Screw Branch

Last edited:
SCPatBoy said:
PEr Providence Journall with NFLPA

Whatis the grievance?

This may sound sort os stupid but can someone explain to me what a Grievance is?

Kdo5 said:
This may sound sort os stupid but can someone explain to me
what a Grievance is?

It is a complaint that the Patriots are not dealing fairly with a player. Obviously Chayut is grasping at straws now (since his client is in breach of contract) and is almost out of options. He is in danger (Chayut) of looking foolish and not finding a lot of clients in his future now.

Hmm...so what the hell is Chayut trying to get out of the NFLPA?

Good for BB...............I want Branch to learn a lesson for all this..........

Last edited:
i think its pretty sure branch wont play for NE now regardless of what happens now

That's the Hail Mary play.

I think Branch needs some of these

65600L.jpg

Kdo5 said:
This may sound sort os stupid but can someone explain to me what a Grievance is?

A grievance is a complaint. So they are issuing a formal "complaint".

The article talks about a verbal agreement between the Pats and "he"...it should be the "Pats and him". Must have been a rush job.

Sounds as if the Patriots FO nixed any deal with Branch and the Jets. Now Chayut and Branch are looking to fight it.

This whole situation wreaks...the sooner it ends the better.

let me mkae sure I understand this.

Chayut wants someone to tell the Patriots what they have to accept in a trade?

Ludicrous.

So now what, collusion? Not enough time? Too much time? Absurd compensation expectations on the Patriots part? Fair compensation expectations on the Patriots part which make the deal absurd?

What is it now??

Jacky Roberts said:
It is a complaint that the Patriots are not dealing fairly with a player. Obviously Chayut is grasping at straws now (since his client is in breach of contract) and is almost out of options. He is in danger (Chayut) of looking foolish and not finding a lot of clients in his future now.

You're absolutely correct about grasping at straws. Curran's story has been updated in the last few minutes sinces I posted the link. The basis of the grievance is that the Pats and Chayut/Branch had a verbal agreement to trade Branch for "fair and reasonable" compensation. That oughta work.

SVN said:
i think its pretty sure branch wont play for NE now regardless of what happens now

Yeah, this is it. Terry Glenn part deux.

Next step: Branch fires agent.

Wow! No chance of winning that one, boys...claiming you had an informal oral agreement for the incredibly vague criteria of "fair and reasonable" is hopeless. Especially since the Patriots can simply say that a "fair and reasonable" offer from a division rival is obviously higher than from other teams.

Most interesting is the claim that nobody ponied up at all except for the Jets, who were motivated at least in part by hurting the Patriots.

What next???

This is just plain and Simple a Sympathy Card Chayut is using....Theres no way anyone rules in Branch's Favor......This is So Branch and Chayut can say look what the Pats are doing to poor Deion....Deion will probably have his son with him at the press conference!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back