PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady's response through Don Yee

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not about Brady.

It's about the Patriots and the fans who contribute time, dollars and energy for making the Patriots a going concern.

Some of us are 50 years old and were at games in the 1970s. It's been a long road. We feel we have significantly invested our monetary, emotional and even intellectual capital in the team.

Kraft is squandering all we've done.
Agree, agree, agree. You are squandering your fans' good will Mr. Kraft by appearing to be in league with those who are out to destroy everything we enjoy and hold dear. He is sadly mistaken if he thinks this is a savvy "business" move.

I thought he already put out a statement that he accepts the wells report and will not fight any punishment that the league hands down. I find this offensive because I have to read how the pats cheated where ever i go. He needs to stick up for his team AND ITS FANS.

Yup, after reading that I've fully turned on Kraft. He can **** off already. My allegiance is to Brady and Belichick. Hopefully he hands the team over to his son soon, and hopefully his son proves to actually have a spine.

Agree, agree, agree. You are squandering your fans' good will Mr. Kraft by appearing to be in league with those who are out to destroy everything we enjoy and hold dear. He is sadly mistaken if he thinks this is a savvy "business" move.

I will disagree on one thing here: I think many people are over-estimating how much fan support this will actually cost him, versus how much league support he will maintain amongst the NFL offices and other owners. Kraft didn't get to be as influential as he is by pissing off his cohorts. And I highly doubt he's going to lose a statistically relevant amount of money from the fans over this. That certainly won't make anyone feel all warm and fuzzy on the inside, but to say it's not a savvy business move is speaking from emotion without knowing the full extent of his business relationships.

Bob Kraft is unwilling to fight for the reputation of TFB whom he referred to disingenuously as family. Apparently he cares little for the reputation of the Pats franchise. He places league $$$ revenue Uber Alles and cares more about how he related to the billionaire owners. He needs to let Jonathan take over.

Last edited:
I don't know if it's just my "sunny disposition", but all I can think of is fast forwarding a couple months to Ted Wells having HIS reputation ruined at the hands of Tom Brady and Don Yee. It would be righteous justice! :D
Ted Wells already comes off like an idiot, the problem is he is a highly paid useful idiot, and many
Entities will pay a lot for his BS.

Also, why do people keep assuming that Jonathan will take over the team and suddenly he'll be a champion of freedom and justice for his players? Guys, seriously, ALL THE OWNERS ARE ON ONE SIDE AND ALL THE PLAYERS ARE ON ANOTHER. There's no way Jonathan, who learned a lot from his dad, is going to suddenly go rogue on the NFL and do anything drastically different.

I will disagree on one thing here: I think many people are over-estimating how much fan support this will actually cost him, versus how much league support he will maintain amongst the NFL offices and other owners. Kraft didn't get to be as influential as he is by pissing off his cohorts. And I highly doubt he's going to lose a statistically relevant amount of money from the fans over this. That certainly won't make anyone feel all warm and fuzzy on the inside, but to say it's not a savvy business move is speaking from emotion without knowing the full extent of his business relationships.
I think the issue that puts Kraft in a tough position is that if he challenges the leagues authority, then it opens up every player, coach, etc to challenge the leagues authority.
But that only means he needs to identify why this is an injustice and them fight it hard.

I love the claim in the report that, in 100 seconds, the ball boy was able to deflate 13 balls to below 12.5 psi. Yet, they have no proof that this happened. Oh, and when did the number of balls become 13??? It's always been 12 to this point. Not to mention that we heard numerous reports that only 1 of the balls was significantly below the 12.5 psi..

Also, why do people keep assuming that Jonathan will take over the team and suddenly he'll be a champion of freedom and justice for his players? Guys, seriously, ALL THE OWNERS ARE ON ONE SIDE AND ALL THE PLAYERS ARE ON ANOTHER. There's no way Jonathan, who learned a lot from his dad, is going to suddenly go rogue on the NFL and do anything drastically different.

I agree with you for the most part. However, Jonathan is a different cat. He has a bit of a sharper edge to him.

He may lack some of his father’s charisma and taste for celebrity. His temper may run hotter, as those he has verbally accosted over perceived slights have discovered. And he has yet to embrace the virtues of forgiveness: He remains highly contemptuous of the politicians and pundits he believes have wronged him in the past 20 years.

But on the day of Jonathan Kraft’s succession, the dynasty will pass to a sharp-edged chief executive whose focus rarely wavers from his father’s passions: family, philanthropy, and making it big in business, whether it’s recycling cardboard or chasing Super Bowl titles.

http://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/2015/02/01/kraft/aqGBtdrqDWbacvpa1YCjKO/story.html

For those of you who are hung up on Brady not submitting his cell phone records, don't forget that any text or call that Brady made with anyone else involved will show up in THEIR records. So there's really no significant missing evidence here.
I know! If Brady was all buddy-buddy texting McNally, then it would be in McNally's cell phone records. Who else did they think he'd be contacting? It was a fishing expedition from the start. This whole report was a fishing expedition.

Anyone now wonder why BB has such a hate-on for the media, even when they want to get on his good side? Brady has never done anything to anyone to piss them off and look how they've turned on him. On b.s. like "Generally" and "more probable than not". I don't EVER want to read another post here about how BB should be nicer so the media will be nicer back. It does NOT work that way for long.

The "scientific analysis" done by the league experts was garbage..

One way to turn this against Wells in the NFL is by pointing out that the scientific analysis WAS NOT pure garbage, and that it was right on. The balls fella s predicted by the scientific analysis team.

It's a mystery why Wells made his conclusions when the science matched the actual measurements.

Bob Kraft is unwilling to fight for the reputation of TFB whom he referred to disingenuously as family. Apparently he cares little for the reputation of the Pats franchise.

You couldn't be further from the truth

I used to be a bigger fan of the Red Sox in the 1980s and early 1990s.

By the 2000s, they had lost me.

I hardly care anymore.

It was over the competitiveness situation, the honesty. I still love baseball, and play recreationally.

I love the claim in the report that, in 100 seconds, the ball boy was able to deflate 13 balls to below 12.5 psi. Yet, they have no proof that this happened. Oh, and when did the number of balls become 13??? It's always been 12 to this point. Not to mention that we heard numerous reports that only 1 of the balls was significantly below the 12.5 psi..

They interviewed MacNally four times and that had to be their most important question, yet nowhere in the report is their any reference to the answers MacNally and Jastremski gave when asked if they tampered with game balls after they were approved, or whether Brady ever directed them to deflate game balls after approval. The only reason I can come up with for leaving the answers out was they didn't fit the narrative. The fix was in from the very start.

No it's not. It's a toothless rebuttal focusing on the relationship between Wells and the NFL instead of any facts that might support Brady's defense.

How is Yee pointing out that they left out nearly all of the Brady interview as well as other points mentioned "focusing on the relationship of Wells and the NFL instead of facts that might support Brady"?

Them leaving out a majority of Brady's interview and Yee calling them on it IS focusing on the facts that might support Brady.

Do you think Jerry Jones would lie down and roll over if he was in the same position? It isn't an owner's problem versus a player's problem. The reputation of the business he has built is at stake which could cost him a lot of revenue in the long run. Kraft needs to stick with his bread and butter on this one.

Yee should just put out his notes of the whole Brady interview. Let's get it all out there.

Actually, he shouldn't because they will be evidence in the court case against the NFL... Which everyone knows that is where this is headed.

I used to be a bigger fan of the Red Sox in the 1980s and early 1990s.

By the 2000s, they had lost me.

I hardly care anymore.

It was over the competitiveness situation, the honesty. I still love baseball, and play recreationally.

Well sure, I'm not saying it's impossible to lose a fan over something, or even lose a significant number of fans over something. But if there was a reliable way to quantify it, I would lay a large some of money that the value of the Patriots franchise will not sway in a significant way because of how Bob is handling this situation. And that's not even to mention that this is day two of a situation that's likely to stretch for a while now. I'm not prepared to call for Bob's head when we haven't even seen the punishments yet, or heard anything other than a statement that expressed frustration over the process and a lack of recourse. People are being about as rational in this thread as they are in a game day thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe