Welcome to PatsFans.com

Brady's Post TD Discussion with the Ref

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by PatsWickedPissah, Jan 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PatsWickedPissah

PatsWickedPissah PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +94 / 0 / -0

Disable Jersey

After the Brady to Hernandez TD in the 3rd QTR, after the head butting and going to the sideline, Brady then came back onto the field and had a long discussion while walking with head ref Skeratore (sp?) who was smiling and yakking as well. I wonder what that was about? Any lip readers?
  2. IllegalContact

IllegalContact Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 1 / -2

had to do with the lateral move tha hernandez made......its just not fair for a 245 lb guy to be able to make a DB grasp for air
  3. blackglass3

blackglass3 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

Ref: Damn, those TE's you guys have are pretty awesome.

TB: Wait until we drop 50 on Baltimore's old man D!
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2012
  4. BradyManny

BradyManny Rookie

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0

I hope he was telling Brady to tell Hernandez to cool it on the high-stepping and looking back at corners before entering the end zone.

Hernandez is a fool for doing that, especially in a playoff game. Wait until you cross the friggin goal-line. But if you taunt before you cross the plane, you can negate the TD itself.

Belichick already spoke to him on the sideline for it once, and he repeated it the very next game - not cool.
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2012
  5. IllegalContact

IllegalContact Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 1 / -2

LOL.....so maybe BB should bench him.....or at least punish him by not playing him as an RB

but I guess its OK when gronk does it?

you need to learn to enjoy the game
  6. Yehoodi

Yehoodi Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

when does Gronk taunt the opponent . . . i have seen twice that Hernandez has looked to the opponent as he enters the endzone . . . i like AH, and kind of like his ****iness, but I have never seen Gronk look at a defender as he enters the endzone for a score . . . he may spike the ball but he does no regardless of who is around him . . . he did get one taunting call but taht was more like teh guy was next to him . . . as opposed he spiking it in the guys face
  7. IllegalContact

IllegalContact Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 1 / -2

I've seen gronk do it....I don't have a problem to the level that it is done. there was a huge 'wow' factor to AH's move.....if someone makes that move, they deserve to have a little fun....I just think that AH gets so wound up that it is unavoidable at the ripe old age of 21
  8. Raymond

Raymond Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

#24 Jersey

I agree. Hernandez should refrain from high stepping before he's in the end zone. He actually turned around and did it on the Denver score.

Show your opponent you are better every chance you get.

But don't make him hate you.
  9. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Rookie

Ratings:
    +37 / 0 / -7

He's good, but not nearly as good as Gronk. Besides, Gronk has the advantage of being Polish!;)
  10. IllegalContact

IllegalContact Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 1 / -2

nitpicking......he started doing it on the 1 and turned around in the endzone

really......you guys need to stop complaining
  11. IllegalContact

IllegalContact Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 1 / -2

not the point.....gronk tries to spike the ball into the ground as a statment.....just as fun, just as tasteful....everyone has their own style.....

with these complainers, the gist is that there should be no emotion on a score....no fist pumping by brady, no player to player high fives.....

either that or these complainers will have you believe what is appropriate on a football field and what isn't.......pinky out!!!!
  12. randomk1

randomk1 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I'm fine with it until we start losing yards for it :)

That was a sick move though.
  13. IllegalContact

IllegalContact Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 1 / -2

he probably watched in on replay and said F.....*....C....K ..... I did that
  14. Raymond

Raymond Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

#24 Jersey

I'd guess BB might have a problem with it though. If AH continues to do then we'll know he's good with it.
  15. IllegalContact

IllegalContact Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 1 / -2

you'd guess? WTF does that mean? I'd guess that BB see that move on tape and says 'holy sh*t' and plays it back before it even gets to the celebration part

in all actuality, his celebrations are already continuous......if you haven't noticed, its not the 1st or 2nd time
  16. blackglass3

blackglass3 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

I love Hernandez. I like the sleeves, I like the ****iness, I like the versatility, I like the "Making It Rain" TD celebration. Him and Gronk are such an awesome combination, I hope they are in Pats uniforms for a long time.

If you don't like his high stepping (at the 1 yard line, for God's sakes) you must also hate everyone that celebrates after a sack, do the Jets Flying thing after an INT, or any other showing of emotion on the field. He's a 21 year old that just scored his first NFL Playoffs touchdown...he's allowed to be excited.
  17. LivinLovin&Breathin_Brady

LivinLovin&Breathin_Brady Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

It's all good with me. I would like Ocho to catch some TDs too and do some of his salsa moves again.

I like Brady sitting on the ground, pointing at his or Denver's sideline? or his reciever? I don't know, but he pointed and then did his fist pump. I was pretty down with that too.
  18. IllegalContact

IllegalContact Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 1 / -2

like gerard warren's alligator chomp

if I was a coach, the only thing I would put a stop to is stupid celebrations if you're down 20
  19. CheeseMonkeys

CheeseMonkeys Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 1 / -0

Someone said in an earlier post that BB had already spoken with him about the high stepping and he did it again... Um, how the hell would you know that?
  20. IllegalContact

IllegalContact Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 1 / -2

super-secret surveillance
  21. pats42298pride

pats42298pride Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

thats right! we need to stop complaining and enjoy our offense go to work. players need to keep composure and not give the opponents the edge. I didnt think that was a bad thing Hernandez did. I loved it!!!
  22. CheeseMonkeys

CheeseMonkeys Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 1 / -0

Agreed. If Hernandez can't do a few highsteps before the TD then that's ridiculous. This is great entertainment and it's too bad if fans/other players are gonna cry about it.
  23. zoostation

zoostation Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

What TE is?
  24. IllegalContact

IllegalContact Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 1 / -2

LOL.....randy mcmicheal
  25. pats42298pride

pats42298pride Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

lets not diss the players just because the other (Gronk) has a different role on this offense. he is talented and the best by far amongst TE in the league, not just in NE. Go Pats!!! its the Superbowl or nothing!!!
  26. pats42298pride

pats42298pride Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Brady once said we have the worse Fan base in the league. He was right!!! to have what we have here and still complain, is arrogance!!! We are SOILED!!! DO We Want Another Title??? I say Yesss, Yesss and Yesss.. We Need to Support them more. Did you see the stadium 4 minutes before the Broncos game ended??? it was practically EMPTY!! do yourselves a favor... Give away your tics to the REAL FANS!!!LOL
  27. RelocatedPatFan

RelocatedPatFan Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Gronk hardly needs to taunt people as he's usually dragging some poor DB along with him :).

But, I hope they have fun, but do it after the fact (if you must) so you don't hurt the team by taking away a score. There's less of a margin for error now.
  28. vuudu

vuudu Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I doubt he will get into trouble for it. The way I see it, he does it to entertain the fans while making sure that nobody is close enough to tackle him. It looks worse than it really is. The kid is just having fun and from what I know of BB based on that life of a coach video, I doubt he has a problem with it yet. He will only get pissed if it loses yds for us.
    I actually think Chung is in more trouble than Hernandez in the film room for the Denver game.
  29. The Scrizz

The Scrizz Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

As to the original poster's question, I can lip read, but usually only when the Head Coaches are dropping F Bombs. For some reason curses are easier to pick up.
  30. shmessy

shmessy Maude Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +28 / 0 / -0

#75 Jersey

He was pointing and pumping at O'Brien and the Pats sideline.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.