PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady's Post TD Discussion with the Ref

Status
Not open for further replies.
LOL.....so maybe BB should bench him.....or at least punish him by not playing him as an RB

but I guess its OK when gronk does it?

you need to learn to enjoy the game

Hey, I have no problem with the high-stepping.

But if you don't think there's some dbag ref out there just waiting to call it on Hernandez and dictate the outcome of a game for it, you're naive.

When Gronk does it - its in the end zone. After the TD has counted. Hernandez' action could easily negate a TD. A much bigger deal.

I love Hernandez. I like the sleeves, I like the ****iness, I like the versatility, I like the "Making It Rain" TD celebration. Him and Gronk are such an awesome combination, I hope they are in Pats uniforms for a long time.

If you don't like his high stepping (at the 1 yard line, for God's sakes) you must also hate everyone that celebrates after a sack, do the Jets Flying thing after an INT, or any other showing of emotion on the field. He's a 21 year old that just scored his first NFL Playoffs touchdown...he's allowed to be excited.

That's all fine - until a ref decides to penalize him for it, and the touchdown doesn't count.

Which could happen. Just look what happened here locally recently for much less.

Again - the problem is Hernandez is celebrating BEFORE he is in the end zone.

Last edited:
Just watched the play again and it looks like Brady is the one that initiates the conversation.

They took turns singing "Tim Tebow's Fire"

Hey, I have no problem with the high-stepping.

But if you don't think there's some dbag ref out there just waiting to call it on Hernandez and dictate the outcome of a game for it, you're naive.

When Gronk does it - its in the end zone. After the TD has counted. Hernandez' action could easily negate a TD. A much bigger deal.

go back and watch the play......he high stepped from the 1 yard line and turned around after he was in....if they flag this, they flag afte every TD

people are too sensitive

if warren had done the alligator chomp pointing to tebow or any of the denver coaches he wouldve been flagged as well..making gestures and celebrating is fine..taunting will be called..

hernandez wasn't pointing to anyone. and there's nothing wrong with turning around once you're in the red zone.

bottom line is that there was no flag, so there was nothing wrong it.

those of you who worry that there could have been a flag and that the pats are lucky there wasn't one are psychotic....this is football.

That's all fine - until a ref decides to penalize him for it, and the touchdown doesn't count.

Which could happen. Just look what happened here locally recently for much less.

Again - the problem is Hernandez is celebrating BEFORE he is in the end zone.

until that happens, people should shut their pieholes and stop complaining

again....there are no rules about celebrating before he gets in the end zone....judas priest, he started high stepping at the 1 yard line.

Last edited:
He probably asked Brady for his favorite place for a steak dinner in Boston.

again....there are no rules about celebrating before he gets in the end zone....judas priest, he started high stepping at the 1 yard line.

Judas Priest is an old and tired band. Much like your constant complaining in this and other threads.

There is no place on this or any other team for high-stepping or other such moves prior to crossing the goal line. Players should act like they've been there before. One of these games, Hernandez is gonna high-step his way to an unsportsmanlike conduct flag that will cost the team a score. At this point in the season, with every game being more important than the previous one, every score carries a lot of weight.

As was mentioned before, all it takes is for one ref to throw that flag because he's in a p!ssy mood (or worse) and it has the potential to alter the game, and maybe cost the Patriots a win.

Celebrate after you score. Not on the way into the end zone.

Didn't you see Desean Jackson get called for taunting midseason and negate a big gain? There's just no reason for Hernandez to risk it in an over sensitive era in the NFL. It's not really the high-stepping as much as the looking back at guys - that will get you a taunting call. The two combined will at some point.

I understand that Hernandez at 21 is still a kid. But the consequences of a tight pantied ref negating a game changing play because of what she perceives as "taunting" are enormous. Were that to happen might as well trade his ass out of town because Brady robbed of a ring and immortality as GOAT would never throw to the kid again. Think about it. May it never happen in this sector of the multiverse.

I understand that Hernandez at 21 is still a kid. But the consequences of a tight pantied ref negating a game changing play because of what she perceives as "taunting" are enormous. Were that to happen might as well trade his ass out of town because Brady robbed of a ring and immortality as GOAT would never throw to the kid again. Think about it. May it never happen in this sector of the multiverse.

Yup because Brady's immortality is so important to me......LMFAO....it's about as important as ....... Well, nothing

But would Brady ever complain that we could have had brooks reed and Connor barwin instead of Darius butler and ras I dowling? A better defense could make Brady's life much easier....LOL

It wasn't taunting, it wasn't flagged as taunting, so you need to sit the eff down, mix a stiff drink and get a grip

Last edited:

Oh, and btw......if Brady decided to stop throwing to someone because of a penalty, the it's time for him to find another sport

Holy crap. There's a select few members of this board who can manage to turn any topic into a debate and bashing of Darius Butler, Ras-I Dowling, Jermaine Cunningham, etc.
michael-jackson-eating-popcorn.gif

Yup because Brady's immortality is so important to me......LMFAO....it's about as important as ....... Well, nothing

But would Brady ever complain that we could have had brooks reed and Connor barwin instead of Darius butler and ras I dowling? A better defense could make Brady's life much easier....LOL

It wasn't taunting, it wasn't flagged as taunting, so you need to sit the eff down, mix a stiff drink and get a grip

Who besides you gives a fig what's important to you?

You need to read carefully and think. And avoid this stiff drinks you recommend.

My point stands despite you're being oblivious and obtuse. Fing around where pissy refs are involved in games that mean everything for the ring would not be well received by the guy who determines if you ever see a pass again.

Who besides you gives a fig what's important to you?

You need to read carefully and think. And avoid this stiff drinks you recommend.

My point stands despite you're being oblivious and obtuse. Fing around where pissy refs are involved in games that mean everything for the ring would not be well received by the guy who determines if you ever see a pass again.

I don't care what you think.......but it is obvious that you have forgotten how to enjoy entertainment......nothing happened, but you sit here and rail about something that old have happened and if it did, that Brady would never throw to him again.

You have no idea how utterly ridiculous that sounds. Maybe he just knows the rule better than you, and maybe it's not so important when that score makes it 42-7. You really need to stop holding your breath

Bench Hernandez he's overrated anyway

I hope he was telling Brady to tell Hernandez to cool it on the high-stepping and looking back at corners before entering the end zone.

Hernandez is a fool for doing that, especially in a playoff game. Wait until you cross the friggin goal-line. But if you taunt before you cross the plane, you can negate the TD itself.

Belichick already spoke to him on the sideline for it once, and he repeated it the very next game - not cool.

I seem to remember Deion Branch doing something much worse than high stepping into the end zone in the '04 AFCCG. A lot of football players high step into the end zone. Although I can see why Belichick would be uptight about it, the referees were right for not throwing the flag on that one. Precedent had already been set.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes