PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady's agent's response

Status
Not open for further replies.
All very true........ Fairly weakly worded (IMO). Should have been more forceful.

It's a warning shot -- go immediately to a neutral outside arbitrator for the appeal, or we'll sue.

That's something Goodell can concede without conceding on other points, so there's reasonable hope for an "easy win" here. Or, if Goodell DOESN'T immediately concede it, it casts him in a poorer light, even among the stupid majority that generally supports his actions in this matter to date.

Remember: None of this happens if Goodell didn't butcher the Ray Rice disaster. This is a historic overreaction

https://www.facebook.com/AdamSchefter/posts/954360321283276

Statement from Tom Brady's agent, Don Yee:

“The discipline is ridiculous and has no legitimate basis. In my opinion, this outcome was pre-determined; there was no fairness in the Wells investigation whatsoever. There is no evidence that Tom directed footballs be set at pressures below the allowable limits. In fact, the evidence shows Tom clearly emphasized that footballs be set at pressures within the rules. Tom also cooperated with the investigation and answered every question presented to him. The Wells Report presents significant evidence, however, that the NFL lacks standards or protocols with respect to its handling of footballs prior to games; this is not the fault of Tom or the Patriots. The report also presents significant evidence the NFL participated with the Colts in some type of pre-AFC Championship Game planning regarding the footballs. This fact may raise serious questions about the integrity of the games we view on Sundays. We will appeal, and if the hearing officer is completely independent and neutral, I am very confident the Wells Report will be exposed as an incredibly frail exercise in fact-finding and logic. The NFL has a well-documented history of making poor disciplinary decisions that often are overturned when truly independent and neutral judges or arbitrators preside, and a former federal judge has found the commissioner has abused his discretion in the past, so this outcome does not surprise me. Sadly, today’s decision diminishes the NFL as it tells its fans, players and coaches that the games on the field don’t count as much as the games played on Park Avenue.”
Sick um Don.

Goodell and his goons need to go. This is too much man. Goodell has the same hardon for the Patriots that Rozelle had for the Raiders.

Remember -- this is all a terrible distraction for Brady and the Pats. Getting to a neutral arbitrator ASAP is more important than scoring rhetorical points along the way.

Question answered. Brady is going to fight tooth and nail.
I'm very glad he is...

Yee is smart to push for an independent arbitrator. I think Goodell let Troy Vincent do the punishment so he could be the one who hears the appeal. Goodell doesn't want this going to an independent arbitrator.

Pats Nation is behind you 100% Brady! You will not be heading into the fires of Mount Doom to destroy Goodell alone!

b8wq5t.jpg

How could Brady's suspension be over turned but the picks punishment stays? That makes no ****ing sense. Hope Brady does an interview on patriots.com and ****s on the report.

And Kraft? Will he protest?
He may issue a statement. IMO he'll stay out of the way.

The fact that the report stated that BB and the NEP were off the hook, yet Der Führer still brought the hammer down.

Kraft is a wimp.

Remember -- this is all a terrible distraction for Brady and the Pats. Getting to a neutral arbitrator ASAP is more important than scoring rhetorical points along the way.

None of this matters except for draft picks. Patriots will crush NFL next year. Not worried.

https://www.facebook.com/AdamSchefter/posts/954360321283276

Statement from Tom Brady's agent, Don Yee:

“The discipline is ridiculous and has no legitimate basis. In my opinion, this outcome was pre-determined; there was no fairness in the Wells investigation whatsoever. There is no evidence that Tom directed footballs be set at pressures below the allowable limits. In fact, the evidence shows Tom clearly emphasized that footballs be set at pressures within the rules. Tom also cooperated with the investigation and answered every question presented to him. The Wells Report presents significant evidence, however, that the NFL lacks standards or protocols with respect to its handling of footballs prior to games; this is not the fault of Tom or the Patriots. The report also presents significant evidence the NFL participated with the Colts in some type of pre-AFC Championship Game planning regarding the footballs. This fact may raise serious questions about the integrity of the games we view on Sundays. We will appeal, and if the hearing officer is completely independent and neutral, I am very confident the Wells Report will be exposed as an incredibly frail exercise in fact-finding and logic. The NFL has a well-documented history of making poor disciplinary decisions that often are overturned when truly independent and neutral judges or arbitrators preside, and a former federal judge has found the commissioner has abused his discretion in the past, so this outcome does not surprise me. Sadly, today’s decision diminishes the NFL as it tells its fans, players and coaches that the games on the field don’t count as much as the games played on Park Avenue.”
I'm glad someone finally said it publicly. The media has yet to acknowledge this.

If Brady's penalty is completely overturned, Kraft has a stronger case to have the Pats' penalty drastically reduced as well.

I worry the suspension will be partly upheld for withholding text messages, I certainly don't blame him for that though even if there wasn't anything incriminating on there.

or a tremendous source of motivation that will galvanize the youngest super bowl winner in history to go on an unprecedented run of dominance....

If Brady's penalty is completely overturned, Kraft has a stronger case to have the Pats' penalty drastically reduced as well.

By what avenue or mechanism? Not being sarcastic, I'm asking if there is an avenue for appeal for a team? From what I read here a team has no recourse. Emperor Goodell's word is absolute when dealing with teams (though AL Davis is rolling in his grave as I write that).

Why, its not like they have to prepare for a game, and they're use it for motivation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes