PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady will be suspended by Roger Goodell for role in DeflateGate, announcement expected next week

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has Yee gone quiet?

That would tell me that instead of addressing this publicly he is addressing it behind the scenes, which may be the best news we could have. After all there is nothing to justify the punishments they are throwing around so someone on Bradys side being involved in the discussion would be good.

One of the big questions WHEN Brady is suspended is, "What is he being suspended for?"

If it's the AFCCG, then Brady's team has a great shot of killing it.

Have to say that after 4 interviews, a couple of low level staffers, one a part-timer, never gave up the goods and implicated one another. Are these guys Einsteins? If they had contradicted each other even once, you'd think that would have found itself into the report.

How did these two guys not contradict themselves?

Very good point.

Personally, I think the phone thing is absurd, but I think the whole investigation is. I know I'm not alone with that thought, so I won't go off on a rant about it, but it is just becoming tough to be a fan of the NFL. If not for Belichick's constant FU's to the league, I'm not even sure I could watch the sport any longer. Once he retires, and we have some generic ass-kissing coach, I may wash my hands of the league.
Hopefully, Bill has crafted a tradition for future Pats coaches to follow. The NE FU Patriots

Safest move for NFL is to suspend Brady 2 games for not cooperating and giving up his phone. Jackals get some blood but can still complaint. NFL validates spending millions with Ted Wells. Brady/Yee can accept punishment while still hiding behind dangerous precedent of giving up a phone without a subpoena.

People who think Brady cheated can still think it; people who think Brady is innocent can still think it. Everyone still talks about he NFL.

It's a classic lose-win-lose-win

Safest move for NFL is to suspend Brady 2 games for not cooperating and giving up his phone. Jackals get some blood but can still complaint. NFL validates spending millions with Ted Wells. Brady/Yee can accept punishment while still hiding behind dangerous precedent of giving up a phone without a subpoena.

People who think Brady cheated can still think it; people who think Brady is innocent can still think it. Everyone still talks about he NFL.

Any punishment is unacceptable.

Brady needs to sue.

As per florio, ray rice, commisioner and everyone gave their phones during mueller investigation. dont know how far it is true.

Their league-issued phones, not their personal ones.

Any punishment is unacceptable.

Brady needs to sue.
You need to accept that he is going to be punished. Fair or not the NFL has backed itself into a corner and neither party benefits from dragging this out.

Suspending him for the incontrovertible concrete action of not cooperating for giving up his phone is the most acceptable realistic outcome for Brady.

The real safest move is for Goody to say publicly..... "While the Wells investigation was thorough, it proved inconclusive in determining if balls had been inflated. At this moment, I in all good conscience cannot penalize Tom Brady or the Patriot organization on circumstantial evidence. In the years I have known Tom, he has done nothing to disrespect this game and has played it with impeccable dignity, honor and integrity. I and the league office consider this matter closed.".

It'll never happen but that's what NEEDS to happen.

Instead, stubbornness, agendas and egos will prevail.

You need to accept that he is going to be punished. Fair or not the NFL has backed itself into a corner and neither party benefits from dragging this out.

Suspending him for the incontrovertible concrete action of not cooperating for giving up his phone is the most acceptable realistic outcome for Brady.

Then I will no longer follow the NFL, and that is a promise I can, and will keep.

The real safest move is for Goody to say publicly..... "While the Wells investigation was thorough, it proved inconclusive in determining if balls had been inflated. At this moment, I in all good conscience cannot penalize Tom Brady or the Patriot organization on circumstantial evidence. In the years I have known Tom, he has done nothing to disrespect this game and has played it with impeccable dignity, honor and integrity. I and the league office consider this matter closed.".

They could fine the team for their employee taking the balls away from the referees room without permission.
That is the only thing that could hold up in court, even at a 50.1% standard.

Not to mention the other 31 teams owners would throw a temper tantrum and take their toy firetrucks and go home. Stamping their feet the entire way.

They could fine the team for their employee taking the balls away from the referees room without permission.
That is the only thing that could hold up in court, even at a 50.1% standard.

Is that against league rules? Are ball boys not allowed to take the balls out of the official's locker room?

Is that against league rules? Are ball boys not allowed to take the balls out of the officials locker room?

It appears they are not, that the referee is supposed to give them permission. Otherwise Anderson wouldn't have thought the footballs went missing.

That's the safest thing he could do for a Patriots fan. You and many people on this board are not observing the situation dispassionately. And that's part of being a fan.

But Goodell needs to satisfy owners, players, fans, the media, etc. It's not a good look for him if he lets Brady off scott free. So dinging him for not cooperating satisfies he most number of people while minimizing risk that this gets dragged out in a appeal.

I expect a statement like "while the evidence in the report is not significant enough to determine guilt on Brady's part, without access to his phone we can not create a clear enough picture and thus do to this lack of cooperation he will be suspended for d games."

Everyone moves on with their lives.

Not to mention the other 31 teams owners would throw a temper tantrum and take their toy firetrucks and go home. Stamping their feet the entire way.
They could but I tend to think that teams really want this to continue...except the Jets and maybe the Dolts.

I understand that they want Brady out of the lineup but they'd be so shortsighted.

Fck it ... if Brady gets suspended for 30 seconds it should be all out war; sue the NFL, Wells and anyone related to this mockery...in the process, subpoena Wells's company records/payments/communications, all NFL pre/half game communications... bring down the entire system. FCK NFL. :mad:

brady's getting suspended, ive accepted it and so should everyone else.
i just hope it isn't 4-6 games but i know it will be. 4 games so tb12 returns against indy.

god, i hate goodell.

It appears they are not, that the referee is supposed to give them permission. Otherwise Anderson wouldn't have thought the footballs went missing.
Just looked this up. I think you are right.

Rule 2 The Ball
Section 1 BALL DIMENSIONS The Ball must be a “Wilson,” hand selected, bearing the signature of the Commissioner of the League, Roger Goodell. The ball shall be made up of an inflated (12 1/2 to 13 1/2 pounds) urethane bladder enclosed in a pebble grained, leather case (natural tan color) without corrugations of any kind. It shall have the form of a prolate spheroid and the size and weight shall be: long axis, 11 to 11 1/4 inches; long circumference, 28 to 28 1/2 inches; short circumference, 21 to 21 1/4 inches; weight, 14 to 15 ounces. The Referee shall be the sole judge as to whether all balls offered for play comply with these specifications. A pump is to be furnished by the home club, and the balls shall remain under the supervision of the Referee until they are delivered to the ball attendant just prior to the start of the game.

http://static.nfl.com/static/content/public/image/rulebook/pdfs/5_2013_Ball.pdf

DO we know this? Is there a written rule somewhere? Custom and practice?

brady's getting suspended, ive accepted it and so should everyone else.
i just hope it isn't 4-6 games but i know it will be. 4 games so tb12 returns against indy.

god, i hate goodell.
He will do it 4 games just for the TV of the game vs indy. NFL is WWE.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back