PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady will be suspended by Roger Goodell for role in DeflateGate, announcement expected next week

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soul_Survivor88

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/f...spend-tom-brady-deflategate-article-1.2215881

This means WAR!!!! :mad:

Tom Brady will be the highest profile player ever suspended in the 96-year history of the NFL.

Roger Goodell's decision is expected to be announced next week and it is no longer a matter of if the NFL commissioner will suspend Brady, but for how long he will suspend him.

In conversations I've had with several key sources who always have a good sense of what goes on at 345 Park Avenue, there is little doubt Goodell considers Brady's role in DeflateGate a serious violation.

The NFL is convinced, according to sources, that connecting all the dots of the evidence supplied by Wells leads to one conclusion:

Brady cheated.

The feeling is the Wells Report supplied Goodell with enough ammunition to suspend Brady both for breaking the rules by ordering the deflation of footballs and by not cooperating with the investigation when he refused to turn over his cell phone to Wells’ investigators.

The only question now is how many games with which Goodell will hit the league’s star player?

I'm not a lawyer, nor well versed in public relations. But it seems to me that the Patriots, and most importantly Brady, need to lay all the cards out on the table. Acting politely and diplomatically within the proper legal channels has only led to the cluster fu*k that now exists. So why not begin to use improper channels? The science is seriously flawed in the Wells report, that's clear to everyone. So why should Brady not commission separate scientific studies at Harvard, Yale, Princeton, MIT, Cal Tech, etc all examining the ball pressure. Brady should publicly release every txt message he ever sent to those ball boys. Have the phone company swear under oath that nothing was omitted. Hire a forensic team to watch thousands of hours of surveillance footage from 8 different stadiums covering every second that the ball boys had the balls.

DO EVERYTHING. Leave NO stone unturned. That is the ONLY way he will be able to possibly come out of this clean. Because right now he is f**ked. What is there to lose? Declare open PR war against the NFL and Ted Wells. Being diplomatic at this point is useless because the NFL is not playing by those rules. They've been playing dirty and now it's time for Tom to play dirty. Brady and Giselle are worth hundreds of millions of dollars. Even if it costs them 10 million isn't that worth saving Tom's reputation and legacy? Not to mention all the money he's now going to lose anyway because of all this.

Is there something I'm missing? Why wouldn't Brady do this?

yeah......I think it is going to be very interesting if this bears out.........brady can inflict near unlimited damage with an appeal

I think goodell doesn't know what to do

Typical NFL PR. Leak on Monday at the start of the week. News during the middle of the week. Leak during 5pm on Friday. News on Monday.

Unbelievable.

Oh F*ck outta here with Gary "NY sports toady" Myers. Guy is a f*cking schill for NY sports. This is an opinion piece and he is just writing the way he thinks the wind is going.

First off if he has sources in the office he would f*cking know it isn't coming from Goodell, it has been left up to Troy Vincent. Any source from the league office would make sure he had that point.

Gary Myers is the biggest joke in the NY sports media.

Like the league is gonna leak this to that f*cking bozo.

That tabloid made an error by saying Goodell is doing it, Troy Vincent is in charge of the punishment.

I'm not a lawyer, nor well versed in public relations. But it seems to me that the Patriots, and most importantly Brady, need to lay all the cards out on the table. Acting politely and diplomatically within the proper legal channels has only led to the cluster fu*k that now exists. So why not begin to use improper channels? The science is seriously flawed in the Wells report, that's clear to everyone. So why should Brady not commission separate scientific studies at Harvard, Yale, Princeton, MIT, Cal Tech, etc all examining the ball pressure. Brady should publicly release every txt message he ever sent to those ball boys. Have the phone company swear under oath that nothing was omitted. Hire a forensic team to watch thousands of hours of surveillance footage from 8 different stadiums covering every second that the ball boys had the balls.

DO EVERYTHING. Leave NO stone unturned. That is the ONLY way he will be able to possibly come out of this clean. Because right now he is f**ked. What is there to lose? Declare open PR war against the NFL and Ted Wells. Being diplomatic at this point is useless because the NFL is not playing by those rules. They've been playing dirty and now it's time for Tom to play dirty. Brady and Giselle are worth hundreds of millions of dollars. Even if it costs them 10 million isn't that worth saving Tom's reputation and legacy? Not to mention all the money he's now going to lose anyway because of all this.

with the wells report? I disagree.....one example is the claim that brady was not cooperative, however brady's day long interview only comes up as a footnote in the report.

then, nobody has ever been suspended for tampering with a ball.......and the chargers were not penalized for not being forthcoming about the stickum towels in 2012

if there is a suspension, the NFLPA will step and get that tossed.....and that will be that

yeah......I think it is going to be very interesting if this bears out.........brady can inflict near unlimited damage with an appeal

I think goodell doesn't know what to do

What I want him to do is say publicly that while the Wells Report was thorough, I do not share it's opinion that Tom Brady probably influenced the deflation of balls. Tom is a high-character individual and I consider this matter closed.

Thats the pipe dream.

Sorry guys, but I buy it. NY paper gets a tip late Friday from the league office to let the team be uneasy all weekend and twist the knife a little deeper. Seems to be the way they do things.

The nfl is foolish if they think they can win this.

Brady has the union behind him and 0 evidence of any cheating.

So it'll be interesting to see them try and win a actual battle in court vs brady.

Assuming it goes that far. I think brady will take 1 game. Anything more and he's going balls out

Sorry guys, but I buy it. NY paper gets a tip late Friday from the league office to let the team be uneasy all weekend and twist the knife a little deeper. Seems to be the way they do things.

They would have leaked it to someone other than gary myers.

What I want him to do is say publicly that while the Wells Report was thorough, I do not share it's opinion that Tom Brady probably influenced the deflation of balls. Tom is a high-character individual and I consider this matter closed.

Thats the pipe dream.

hard to say that Wells was through when he disregarded any and every thing the Pats said in their defense. Essentially this is a case where the defendants were not allowed to enter a defense. Stalin would be proud that Goodell has copied his tactics.

Thats the pipe dream.

except the well report was not thorough, and was written in a manner to highlight anything that stands to implicate and hides anything that runs counter.

the only things that form opinions that implicate brady need to be taken out of context to do so or lack substance altogether

it was not an investigation, but a prosecution....

You never EVER lay all your cards out on the table when you plan on fighting someone in court. Doing so gives your opposition the advantage. By waiting until Brady has received whatever punishment the league decides to dole out for doing nothing, then Brady can file his appeal with the court in Minnesota that hears all the cases involving players and the NFL. Once you are in court, and only then, is when you blast away with all guns blazing to shred the NFL and it's ridiculous BS.

Furthermore, how many times do you have to be told that the SCIENCE included in the Wells report actually SUPPORTS the idea that the Patriots didn't tamper with the footballs. It was only the conclusions by Wells and Exponent that are flawed. Also, there have already been numerous people who came out and showed that just the difference in temperature could result in the changes to the footballs. There were at least 2 different well known professors and a well know company that provided the information.

Rest assured, this will be done long before the end of training camp and the league will be much sorrier for it.

Gary Myers, please don't provide links to Gary Myers.

He actually provided a link to gary myers that was retweeted by that miami fanboy hack ben volin. Makes it even worse.

wouldn't be surprised if that article is accurate it is very specific on a suspension, dont think they would run that like it is stated if they didnt know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
Back