PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady vs Mike Zimmer

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Zimmer was, like Patricia and changed from a 4-3 to a 3-4 or vice versa on a weekly basis I would be concerned, but seriously who worries about a DC who has a consistent scheme installed that his players understand, are comfortable in, and are in the best position to succeed.. .:eek:

Wait why is it Brady vs Zimmer. George Edwards is the DC for the Vikings. Who was the DC for the Bills in 2010 and 2011

penetration killed the running game last week. That and the lack of a "big back". I think the pats are going to miss Blunt, opps, I mean Blount. He made a lot of yards after contact. That is not Ridley or Vareen's game. The Pats always had a big back, decades ago when they won Superbowls. I think that combined with the d-line being in the backfield at the snap, and bad/predictable play calling is the root of the pats running problems. I had no idea why Bolden was in the game last week. I think Vareen is a great 3rd down back and runs just as good as Ridley up the middle. But he just doesn't have the size to punish defenders. Last year teams got tired of trying to tackle Blount, he is a load and got better as the game progressed. The Pats do not have that type of back on the roster. So if you don't have to worry about getting killed by the Pats running game, the Pats have no deep threat whatsoever, basically they have a team of slot receivers, just jam up the middle of the field and Brady will have no options. Its not hard, its what the Phins did, and its what you are going to see until the status quo changes.

Vereen was 36 yards on 7 carries = 5+ ypc
Ridely busted off a nice run on a sweep but it got called back because Gronk held.
Bolden had a 7 yard run.
Edelman had a 17 yard run on a sweep.

The Pats had success running at times but McDaniels has too many toys that he doesn't know what to do with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe