PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady vs Manning Debate to end this year?

Status
Not open for further replies.
"It took a perfect storm for the AFCCG to happen"

Man, you can say that about almost any big game that is close. How many times have the Pats benefitted from a perfect storm of events? As good as the Patriots are, they have also been fairly lucky over the years.

If Brady throws a crucial INT today, that will be 2 AFCCG's in a row that he "chokes" away, by the definition of many here (I would never classify it that way). Be careful what kind of criteria you set for greatness....

the debate wont end till their careers are over and possibly beyond.

u just never know what can happen, its unlikely but maybe the colts become a dynasty at some point and we fizzle out. i wouldnt bet on it but if manning does wind up with around the same # of rings the debate will be legit. anyway my prediction is when their careers are finished and brady has 5-6 + rings compared to manning's 1-2 brady wins easily.

I hope it doesn't end too soon, it's been fun. You don't see great QB's head to head like this very often, so enjoy it.

So, if someone disagrees with you they're a troll? There's some logic

Yeah he's a troll look at his post calling Brady pretty boy, what do you want us to call him. If a pats fan called Peyton Goober on the Indy Star forum he would be banned. The bottom line Peyton and Tom are two of the best to play the game. Who cares who is better, we are lucky they are on our teams. Enjoy it while it lasts cause it will all be over in a few years. For me it is Bird and Magic all over again

Go Pats Go!!!

If you really want to look at who is better, look at all the times Indy has lost as a favorite, and how many times the patriots have lost as a favorite in the postseason. brady has never lost as a postseason favorite EVER. manning has a number of times, also in many big games he did not get his offense to produce the way they did against good (sometimes the same) teams in the regular season.

Why would anyone even stick up for Manning, unless you are a relative of his? If Brady were Manning, I'd be pissed at his choking azz. You Colt fans continue to amaze me. Why do you continue to defend this dude (dud?)? And then to insist that he's better than Brady (who may soon have 4 rings - 4 ****ing rings), it's just beyong idiotic. Jesus, if things were reversed and Manning had 3 or 4 rings, there is no way in hell I'd spend my time defending Brady. Maybe it's a northeast vs hillbilly thing, but people who still defend Manning are real losers.

Last edited:
Although I am a Titans fan, I watch as many games as I can every week thanks to NFL Sunday ticket. I consistently switch to the Pats and Colts games just to see what Manning and Brady are up to. I mean how often does one get the opportunity to watch two of the greatest HOF QBs ply their trade in the same season? As a fan of the game, it is about as awesome as it gets. Sort of like watching Gretsky and Jordan when they were at the top of their professions, although I am not a fan of either the NHL or the NBA but I had to watch because I knew I was seeing greatness.

In the regular season, the call for me is pretty close and if I owned a franchise I would take either Brady or Manning and be glad to do so. But in the playoffs I have to give the nod to Brady, if just for the simple fact that he has won more SuperBowls. But winning a SuperBowl is not simple nor is it easy and I am amazed by how unrattled Brady looks whenever the pressure is on. Sure he is not perfect but when the game is on the line and that 3rd down conversion is needed it just seems to me that Brady delivers. He seems more patient, more tactical, makes better decisions, more (I hate to say it) robotic.

With Manning I wonder whether will he make the play, with Brady I wonder how he will make the play. That for me is the difference.

They are both great QBs and the Colts and the Pats are extremely privileged to have them on their team but also kudos to both franchises for building teams that allow them to realize their potential on the world stage (unlike the Dolphins when they had Marino; what a wasted opportunity).

Some moron on the colts forum said peyton manning is better than brady because brady threw 3 interceptions against the chargers and peyton threw two. but, using that logic, phillip rivers is better than peyton manning because he threw 1 interception against peytons two interception. Also using that logic, brady is better than peyton manning because he threw an interception in the regular season jaguars game, while brady threw none. Colts fans are blinded by biaism. (if thats a word) :D

Hey, I know lets call Peyton and get his opinion. I hear he will be at home for the next couple months. Or maybe we could decide it by weighing the Brady and Manning, heaviest guy wins. Brady is not allowed to wear more than 1 Superbowl ring at the weigh in though, thats unfair. This argument will rage on forever. So with that said, BRADY is already the single greatest QB of all time. Peyton is most certainly in the conversation. Montanna & Aikmen also. But that is really about it. All you yester year lovers dont even start in with the Bart Star & Johnny U stuff. Simply put if either of those guys caughta full on SACK from someone like Adalius Thomas or Vince Wilfork as small as players were then they would break like glass. No disrespect to either of those HOF'ers. BUT COME ON! Anyway I will get off the stump now. GO PATS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes