PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady v. Brees: Two games to pass Marino

Status
Not open for further replies.
I want another superbowl. This stat is not important...

This stat is important, but not as important as a Super Bowl.

Don't know but I feel like both players aren't too concerned about the record. Btw, Brees plays in a dome. He also played in the Rams dome, Falcons dome, Vikings dome, Lambeau early, Tampa. That makes it 11 out of 16 dome games. In Nov and Dec, Brees will only play outside just once (12/11 at Titans)

Tom Brady will play the 2011 regular season inside for the a grand total of ZERO.

If by "too concerned," you mean "focused on the record at the expense of taking care of business and staying healthy," I agree.

But, after watching Brady all these years and being reminded of his competitive spirit when he spiked the ball in the endzone on Sunday, I think it's in his mind if not on his mind and if he has a chance to put up a couple of monster games, all other things being equal, I think his teammates will do all they can to make it happen.

This stat is important, but not as important as a Super Bowl.

Yeah that's how I would put it too, Rob. It's also why I qualified my OP with a comment about staying focused on the business at hand (securing the Number One seed now that it's possible attainment has been dropped in their lap by three big losses this week) and "staying healthy." Thanks.

Last edited:
Don't know but I feel like both players aren't too concerned about the record. Btw, Brees plays in a dome. He also played in the Rams dome, Falcons dome, Vikings dome, Lambeau early, Tampa. That makes it 11 out of 16 dome games. In Nov and Dec, Brees will only play outside just once (12/11 at Titans)

Tom Brady will play the 2011 regular season inside for the a grand total of ZERO.

exactly- the only question with brees and a pass-happy offense is why hasn't he broken the record sooner? he is in a warm weather division , plays over half his games indoors, and has an offense designed to THROW- of course he will break the record. i believe if the teams played in each others stadiums tom would have broken the record in 2007.;)

Nope. It's a record for the ages that's stood for decades and that's held by one of the greatest QB's of all time, so it's important, but not as important as the SB, as Rob said above.

Last edited:
exactly- the only question with brees and a pass-happy offense is why hasn't he broken the record sooner? he is in a warm weather division , plays over half his games indoors, and has an offense designed to THROW- of course he will break the record. i believe if the teams played in each others stadiums tom would have broken the record in 2007.;)

If, if, if...and let's not minimize the accomplishment when Brees does it. If it was so easy, the record wouldn't have stood for decades, despite the proliferation of domes.

Last edited:
If, if, if...and let's not minimize the accomplishment when Brees does it. If it was so easy, the record wouldn't have stood for decades, despite the proliferation of domes.

excuse me- this whole forum is if, if, if. otherwise we'd all read the paper, surf the web for news and shout at the tv!!!

I don't care about Marino's record i would rather Shoot-outs in the Playoffs and not the Regular season. We need our Offense in the post season screw Marino's record Lets ram it down their Throats via the Run the next Two weeks.:cool:

Thanks. While I disagree, that at least makes sense as an argument against going for the record.

However, I'm a believer in the old saying, "Dance with the one that brung ya," so I don't see the wisdom of changing up too much this late in the season. For better or worse (mostly better), our Offense "is what it is."

Last edited:
excuse me- this whole forum is if, if, if. otherwise we'd all read the paper, surf the web for news and shout at the tv!!!

Sorry, but I really disagree with that. I see you haven't posted a lot, but I find that most threads, other than the dreaded "Game Day Thread" (aka, "Let's All Sit on the Ledge and Threaten to Jump"), are actually fact-driven and fairly reasonable and reality-based discussions of the game and the Pats.

Last edited:
Some stats for this year:

Brees:
Indoors: 73.1%, 23TD 5 INT, 120.5 rating, 8.29 avg.
Outdoors: 69.7%, 12TD 8INT, 96.4 rating, 8.10 avg.
No cold weather games

Brady:
Outdoors: 66.2%, 35TD 11 INT, 106.7 rating, 8.67 avg.
Below 40 degrees (99 att., so 2 games?): 61.6%, 7 TD 1 INT, 106.0 rating, 7.97 avg.
No indoor games

Excellent post! I thinks this spells it out pretty clear...

If by "too concerned," you mean "focused on the record at the expense of taking care of business and staying healthy," I agree.

But, after watching Brady all these years and being reminded of his competitive spirit when he spiked the ball in the endzone on Sunday, I think it's in his mind if not on his mind and if he has a chance to put up a couple of monster games, all other things being equal, I think his teammates will do all they can to make it happen.

I hope they help him. But I felt the spike was more a reaction to

1. Him scoring a rushing touchdown. (He wanted to score another in the 2nd half with a sneak)

2. All the media hype about Tebow, just reminding everyone that Tom is still the man.

3. One of the rare wins we get at the Broncos.

I do feel that the stat Brady most concerns himself with is WINS. Then personally, his low interception rate, low number of QB hits/sacks and then completion percentage (since he is such a perfectionist).

:(
Sorry, but I really disagree with that. I see you haven't posted a lot, but I find that most threads, other than the dreaded "Game Day Thread" (aka, "Let's All Sit on the Ledge and Threaten to Jump"), are actually fact-driven and fairly reasonable and reality-based discussions of the game and the Pats.

no its not- this is a group of fans who are not in the room. they have no idea what the coaches, players and ownership are really thinking and doing. i don't post a lot because it is counterproductive- the forum is filled with opinionated people who have covinced themselves they cuold run the team better- draft picks, roster moves, and payroll could be better if only the pats let these people do it. look, it is just my opinion- commenting on the games, hopes for the future, and just general discusion is fun- all the complaining and pretending you have a clue how to run a football team is just silly.:(

Last edited:
I feel confident Brady will throw between 500-600 yards in the next two games. I am also confident Brees will throw for between 700-800 yards in the next two games. It won't be close.

I think they'll both break it. Brees will probably end up around 5400 though and will own the record.

Just as with the Brady/Manning debate, Brady's yardage will be more impressive since he didn't play the entire season in a dome. That said, Brees and Brady will both break it, and if someone has to finish ahead of Brady, it might as well be Brees. He's about as likale as they come.

Wonder what it'll take for the Saints to re-sign him this offseason...

Agreed, I think Brady would love to have the record (and Gronk too), and I think that Belichick and everyone else with a sense of history for the game would like to see it happen as well. I don't think they'll do anything to the detriment of the team to make it happen, ut I doubt they're ignoring it either. These are the same guys who went for 16-0, 50 TD, and 23 rec TD.

Just as with the Brady/Manning debate, Brady's yardage will be more impressive since he didn't play the entire season in a dome. That said, Brees and Brady will both break it, and if someone has to finish ahead of Brady, it might as well be Brees. He's about as likale as they come.

Wonder what it'll take for the Saints to re-sign him this offseason...

It will take a ton but hopefully it distracts them from signing Colston and we can give him a look.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes