PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady took a beaten today

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peter Pat

Practice Squad Player
Reaction score
The main negative abou todays game was the oline. The running game had few holes, and defenders were in the backfeld all day, and Brady took the biggest beaten of the year. he was hit hard all game. He will be spending a lot of time in the hot tub tommorrow. The Pats will struggle late in the season, if Brady keeps taken beatens like this. he will break down. Today seemed like a crime seem. He was getting killed.

I hope it was just because Graham was out and he helps Light out with Schobel, and protecting his blind side, but the oline needs to be addressed.

I know stat wise the oline has not been allowing sacks this year, until today, but Brady has been getting hit more this year, than I ever remember. This needs to stop ASAP. I think the Bears would of killed Brady if they were out there today.

Do me a favor and post a bunch of the positives about today...

I look foreward to breaking down the game film, but from what I saw, the O line play was definitely one of the low lights of the game. By this untrained eye, it seemed to be their worst outing of the year. But to say he is getting hit more this year than last...not to my way of thinking.

I counted 4 sacks...

Peter Pat said:
The main negative abou todays game was the oline. The running game had few holes, and defenders were in the backfeld all day, and Brady took the biggest beaten of the year. he was hit hard all game. He will be spending a lot of time in the hot tub tommorrow. The Pats will struggle late in the season, if Brady keeps taken beatens like this. he will break down. Today seemed like a crime seem. He was getting killed.

I hope it was just because Graham was out and he helps Light out with Schobel, and protecting his blind side, but the oline needs to be addressed.

I know stat wise the oline has not been allowing sacks this year, until today, but Brady has been getting hit more this year, than I ever remember. This needs to stop ASAP. I think the Bears would of killed Brady if they were out there today.

I'm really tired of seeing Brady take a beating. People point to sack numbers and all, but it is the late hits and QB pressures that bother me.

The OL has always had trouble with Stoebel and the Bills. The OL has played four games against other teams and has allowed a total of 2 sacks. I might also note that we were playing without our best offensive lineman, Graham.

Good thing they just signed Koppen to a big contract. That stiff. Almost gets Brady killed.

BradyisGod said:
Do me a favor and post a bunch of the positives about today...

Ok... We won. By a large margin. The D only let up two field goals. Bent but didn't break. They made mistakes. We didn't. Brady and his receivers seemed to be in synch. The balls mostly went to the receivers and not a patch of ground away from them. The special teams performed well against one of the best special teams units in the league. The D backs played their ***es off, especially Samuel. Dillon was an animal in short yardage and goal line. With a couple of big play exceptions the run d looked good...

feel better? Remember, this team is still a work in progress. The key here is to think like the coaches. What are THEY going to take from this game? Hence some of the negatives being posted. Kinda coach speak, if you will.

Peter Pat said:

I don't agree with this at all.

mgteich said:
The OL has always had trouble with Stoebel and the Bills. The OL has played four games against other teams and has allowed a total of 2 sacks. I might also note that we were playing without our best offensive lineman, Graham.

Graham was missed, Watson whiffed on several blocks which let a DE loose with a clean shot on Brady. For as big as Watson is he sure has a long way to as far as blocking.

Yep, Tommy got hit a lot today, oddly enough the only team with multiple sacks on Tommy is Buffalo. We've discussed this in the play action argument and elsewhere, Buffalo's D-line is designed for rushing the passer - remember all the discussion on how the Pats would run all over them because of their poor run defense? Anyway, Tommy survived and won't see them again before next September. :cool:

Buffalo week 7: 4 sacks
Bye week 6:
Miami week 5: 1 sack
Cincinnati week 4: 0 sacks
Denver week 3: 0 sacks
New York Jets week 2: 1 sack
Buffalo week 1: 2 sacks

Source: http://www.nfl.com/scores, game stats for each individual game.

The O-line had a bad day against a good pass rushing defense. I don't think it is anything to get too alarmed about. As for Tommy getting hit, sadly it is going to happen. Because of the salary cap you really can't get perfect offensive lines, but this one has proven that it can be more than adequate. It's football, there is hitting involved, and aside from today I really don't think Tom gets hit that much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News