PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady to stay in Los Angeles during voluntary offseason workouts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another classic thread.

Re: Brady to stay in Los Angeles during offseason workouts

Can't we all just stop arguing and thank god that Brady didn't impregnate Tara Reid.

Truly excellent point. That would've made Tom a full-time single father with sole custody. He would have been calling timeouts to change diapers.

I never said he was a problem. I simply stated that he is not following the same process that got him to where he is. He is not the most naturally gifted player in the NFL, but we constantly hear that he is one of the hardest working. His hold on the parking space has been told over and over again. He no longer considers that a priority, and that cannot be debated as he as chosen to pass on the program for the last 2 seasons. That is his choice, but I will continue to say it is beneficial for him to be there in the offseason. I do think having the centerpiece of your team leading by example in the offseason program is something that benefits and drives all of the other players in the organization. If your argument is no loss is felt with him being absent from the offseason program, I would have to disagree with you. If it was important for him to be there for the 1st 7-8 years of his career (of which we participated in 4 SBs and won 3), I would think it is important now.

And i'm arguing that at 33 he is probably right to follow a different program than he followed at 24. Sure, there's probably some loss from his not being around every day for the younger players, but success is a matter of constant tradeoffs.

I think what is most in the interests of "all of the other players in the organization" is whatever puts Brady in the best position to succeed when Training Camp and Play resumes. At the age of 33 and on, it's probably exactly what he's doing. I trust a HOF QB and a HOF HC to know that better than I do.

First, I don't like his politics and I think I was clear about that. I do have a huge problem with the things he is saying, but I have no problem with him saying them. It's American for him to voice his opinion (as uninformed as it is).

Second, my opinion is that Brady benefited greatly from his serious dedication to the program, and more importantly I feel his willingness to participate was a driving factor for the other players on the team. Many of the players who have come through the Pats organization over the years have stated this exact fact. If you are saying his decision to remain absent has no impact, I cannot agree with that/

Perhaps I misunderstood you on his politics.

I never said his absence has "no impact." What I am arguing is that what is most important for the "other players on the team" is that Brady do what is best for him when it comes to getting ready to play his best at Training Camp and when the season starts. I'm suggesting that what is best will be different for a 33 year old guy with nine years of experience and nine years of hard hits under his belt than it was for a 24 year old.

Sure, something is lost from the perspective of motivation and example by his not being in Foxboro fighting for the Parking Spot, but more is lost if Brady doesn't do what he and Belichick and those closest to him believe will best prepare him for the season.

First off, why would Brady be average, does the average HoF QB suffer a knee injury like he did? His mobility in 09 was not nearly what it had been previously, I also think that injury messed with his head quite a bit, he played with a lot of fear this past year doing very uncharacteristic things like forcing the ball into coverage or throwing it away when he had open receivers. One cannot expect perfection out of a QB but his play looked very different.

Also, where is the leadership in not showing up to workouts? No one is asking him to kill himself training but when the guy who is the face of the franchise and who is supposed to be the leader of your team is a no show that does not help.

Finally, that "TB12" hat is the worst.

Please read my two responses immediately above this post.

As for the point about "average," all I'm saying is that elite QB's usually don't hang around past their mid thirties and still perform at a high level. Elway and Favre are the exceptions; Montana was up and down in his last couple of seasons. So, it's important for Brady to do whatever he has to do to prolong his career.

All that matters is that he show up at Training Camp ready to go. If he says that working out at home is how he best thinks he can accomplish that, it's more than good enough for me.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft