PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady to stay in Los Angeles during voluntary offseason workouts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Brady to stay in Los Angeles during offseason workouts

Damnit, no QB has ever won a Super Bowl when having young children. We are so screwed.

r u kidding I hope?????

Drew Brees

Tebow can be used in NE like Edelman,A not so great QB used as a WR or in Tebow's case,A tight end or if he can bulk up a little I think he might make a good fullback.

I think the success of Edelman and the way BB tranformed him into a useful WR does give hope for those who want Tebow as a Patriot,if it worked so far for Julian it could work for Tim.

Lets all agree that Tebow appears to have the will and desire and love of football to succeed in the NFL - - The position for that to accomplish this is still to be determined

Edelman is a FAST guy. Tebow, not so much. Julian would win in a foot race and easily.

Thoughts of Tebow as a slot WR are a joke...... don't get me stated with the 20 other positions he can potentially do.

what's next..... him at DE OLB RB etc. etc. etc.

Edelman is a FAST guy. Tebow, not so much. Julian would win in a foot race and easily.

Thoughts of Tebow as a slot WR are a joke...... don't get me stated with the 20 other positions he can potentially do.

what's next..... him at DE OLB RB etc. etc. etc.

He can hold a clipboard so fast that it would blow your mind!

I couldn't disagree more. He is going to be 33 on opening day. The average retirement age for HOF QB's is 37. What he did in his 20's was and had to be different than what he should do in his mid 30's.

As for the "dedication" he's showing; it just seems clear to me that the "dedication" that is needed at 24 and what is needed at 33 are very different. He has nine more years of experience in his brain and nine more years of hits on his body; he'll be doing things differently and no one knows better than him what he has to do.

The "Parking Spot" is a lot more important for younger guys and doesn't mean squat in evaluating Brady. If Brady's skills are diminishing to the point where he can't contribute, it won't have anything to do with offseason programs and parking spots, but with the toll of time that brings all great QB's to the end of their days;

First off, why would Brady be average, does the average HoF QB suffer a knee injury like he did? His mobility in 09 was not nearly what it had been previously, I also think that injury messed with his head quite a bit, he played with a lot of fear this past year doing very uncharacteristic things like forcing the ball into coverage or throwing it away when he had open receivers. One cannot expect perfection out of a QB but his play looked very different.

Also, where is the leadership in not showing up to workouts? No one is asking him to kill himself training but when the guy who is the face of the franchise and who is supposed to be the leader of your team is a no show that does not help.

Finally, that "TB12" hat is the worst.

First off, why would Brady be average, does the average HoF QB suffer a knee injury like he did? His mobility in 09 was not nearly what it had been previously, I also think that injury messed with his head quite a bit, he played with a lot of fear this past year doing very uncharacteristic things like forcing the ball into coverage or throwing it away when he had open receivers. One cannot expect perfection out of a QB but his play looked very different.

Could you point to any hard numbers that indicate this is accurate? I will not accept the "eye test" BTW.

Could you point to any hard numbers that indicate this is accurate? I will not accept the "eye test" BTW.

Do they keep stats on when QBs make stupid throws?

Look at his interceptions during the 2nd Ravens game, Saints, and 2nd Dolphins game when he threw it directly to Channing Crowder without a receiver near the ball.

He went for the deep bomb to Moss during the Indy game when Faulk was 20yds downfield completely uncovered. Brady used to be all about the open receiver being his favorite one but he's been forcing a lot of passes lately.

I couldn't disagree more. He is going to be 33 on opening day. The average retirement age for HOF QB's is 37. What he did in his 20's was and had to be different than what he should do in his mid 30's.

As for the "dedication" he's showing; it just seems clear to me that the "dedication" that is needed at 24 and what is needed at 33 are very different. He has nine more years of experience in his brain and nine more years of hits on his body; he'll be doing things differently and no one knows better than him what he has to do.

The "Parking Spot" is a lot more important for younger guys and doesn't mean squat in evaluating Brady. If Brady's skills are diminishing to the point where he can't contribute, it won't have anything to do with offseason programs and parking spots, but with the toll of time that brings all great QB's to the end of their days; here's hoping that Brady is more like John Elway and Brett Favre (the former, retired at 38 with two consecutive rings and the latter still playing at a high level in his 40's) than he is like Troy Aikman and Terry Bradshaw (retired at 34 and 35). As far as I know, Elway wasn't a workout maniac and Favre fishes, chops wood, ropes cows and does whatever else he does in the offseason and then shows up ready to play, sometimes at the end of training camp.

(And, BTW, if you don't like his politics, just say so and don't make snide digs about living in San Francisco but then pretend you have "no problem" with things he's saying; it's a free country, for you and him--if you don't like what he's saying or doing, just say so, I'm sure he could care less. His politics are consistent with mine, but he could be a Limbaugh dittohead as far as I'm concerned; it wouldn't make any difference.)

Excellent post!

Brett Favre doesn't even go to training camp and I think he still loves playing football...

Last edited:

NFL Videos: Florida pro day report

What is so off about his throwing motion here?

He's going to have do deal with a much faster game than in college but so does every college QB.

He had a bad habit of dipping the ball down to his waist prior to release, but then for his throwing day, he adjusted his motion, but there is still that mental pause, and his throwing motion is still not closed. He doesn't hold the ball close to him when launching, as you should, so that is a bonanza for someone like Freeney who just has to snag his arm to cause a fumble. No need to hit him, just get within a yard, snag an arm and you have a fumble.

Do they keep stats on when QBs make stupid throws?

Look at his interceptions during the 2nd Ravens game, Saints, and 2nd Dolphins game when he threw it directly to Channing Crowder without a receiver near the ball.

In every year of his career he has had a game or two where he has made stupid throws. He's always had that one 4 INT game too. So again, is there ANY hard data for you to support your claims? He had the least sacks in his career, 2nd highest (1st is 2007) in all other numbers.

He went for the deep bomb to Moss during the Indy game when Faulk was 20yds downfield completely uncovered. Brady used to be all about the open receiver being his favorite one but he's been forcing a lot of passes lately.

So Brady had thrown 0 times to Branch or Givens while they were covered? There's also 0 benefit of throwing deep to a covered Moss? Also using one or two or three or a handful of examples is not proof of a general statement about a tendency.

I'll ask once again, do you have any factual evidence to support your claims?

In every year of his career he has had a game or two where he has made stupid throws. He's always had that one 4 INT game too. So again, is there ANY hard data for you to support your claims? He had the least sacks in his career, 2nd highest (1st is 2007) in all other numbers.

So Brady had thrown 0 times to Branch or Givens while they were covered? There's also 0 benefit of throwing deep to a covered Moss? Also using one or two or three or a handful of examples is not proof of a general statement about a tendency.

I'll ask once again, do you have any factual evidence to support your claims?

Again, do they make stats for stupid throws and throwing the ball away because you're scared even though there are receivers open? Also, just using sacks alone is inaccurate because you can still be hit or hurried due to not moving when/where you should. He didn't get his injuries out of this air, speaking of which, just look at the clip when he injured his shoulder when Hanesworth his him, instead of simply moving with him he turned his body because he wanted to see where the ball went, he used to simply move with hits.

Anyway, I don't see what that has to do with everything being sunshine and rainbows with being in LA this week while his teammates train here. The really funny thing is that if he had been here training people like yourself would cite that as proof of him being a better and more dedicated player than other QBs not as their training events.

You don't call things as they are but rather how you see them from Kool-Aid colored glasses.

Again, do they make stats for stupid throws and throwing the ball away because you're scared even though there are receivers open? Also, just using sacks alone is inaccurate because you can still be hit or hurried due to not moving when/where you should. He didn't get his injuries out of this air, speaking of which, just look at the clip when he injured his shoulder when Hanesworth his him, instead of simply moving with him he turned his body because he wanted to see where the ball went, he used to simply move with hits.

So basically, no you have no proof you just feel like using isolated cases to mislead people.

Anyway, I don't see what that has to do with everything being sunshine and rainbows with being in LA this week while his teammates train here. The really funny thing is that if he had been here training people like yourself would cite that as proof of him being a better and more dedicated player than other QBs not as their training events.

Don't pretend to know what I would say or do to make yourself feel better. I have not once praised a Patriot player for coming to voluntary training. They are grown men, and voluntary camps have negligible impact one way or the other except for the young kids that are in need of all the extras they can get.

You don't call things as they are but rather how you see them from Kool-Aid colored glasses.

Actually I call them exactly as they are. Now continue to try to trick people into believing you are a Patriot fan.

Last edited:
For those blaming his new wife and baby, they're fine living here. However, Jack's mother lives in California and according to Felger's sources yesterday it's a custody agreement visitation issue that requires him to be in California at this time. They get to have him here for short periods in season, but extended visits in the off season take place in the state in which his mother resides.

So, if Tom gets hurt this season we can all blame it on Bridget Moynahan. (I still think the b!tch tricked him into getting herself pregnant.)

He isn't here in mid March!!! I knew we should've kept Bledsoe, he would so be here right now!!! A decade later and I'm finally validated! Told you so Belicheck. All you kool aid drinkers thought Brady was the right QB to keep pfffft what you win ONYL 3 superbowls....

First, I don't like his politics and I think I was clear about that. I do have a huge problem with the things he is saying, but I have no problem with him saying them. It's American for him to voice his opinion (as uninformed as it is).

{then....}

Second, my opinion is that Brady benefited greatly from his serious dedication to the program, and more importantly I feel his willingness to participate was a driving factor for the other players on the team. Many of the players who have come through the Pats organization over the years have stated this exact fact. If you are saying his decision to remain absent has no impact, I cannot agree with that/

Just mind boggling post. You're basically admitting that if you agreed with his politics you wouldn't be having this much of a problem about his present level of "dedication." And don't say I'm putting words in your mouth. Your post speaks volumes about how you really feel about this.

So basically, no you have no proof you just feel like using isolated cases to mislead people.

Actually I call them exactly as they are. Now continue to try to trick people into believing you are a Patriot fan.

Is it possible for one player to be better at blocking than another? I can't give you numbers to prove it because stats for blocking aren't kept, so how can I claim one player is better, by your logic I'd be using isolated cases to mislead people.

This is why the "eye test" is pretty damn important, because numbers only tell part of the story, by numbers alone I should be able to claim that Emmitt Smith was better than Barry Sanders since he had more yards but the stats that you obviously worship don't take into account his O-line.

Even if we use the tried and true fanboy line of reasoning to elevate Brady above Manning because of their post-season play, how was Brady's post-season play this year? Manning might have botched it in the Superbowl but you need to actually get to the Superbowl in order to botch it there, Brady played like crap and it was up to Kevin Faulk to lead the team that day, not Brady.

Aside from whether or not you think showing up to voluntary team activities is important it shows what Brady thinks is it isn't, and given his recent failure in playing and leadership I don't think that's a very good message to be sending.

‘Mr. Kraft? I’m Brian Hoyer.

We haven’t met yet, but I’m the best decision this franchise has ever made.’

QB meets Mr. Kraft redux ...

Last edited:

Is it possible for one player to be better at blocking than another? I can't give you numbers to prove it because stats for blocking aren't kept, so how can I claim one player is better, by your logic I'd be using isolated cases to mislead people.

Of course there are other factors besides stats. "There are three types of lies. Lies, damned Lies, and statistics" to paraphrase Mark Twain. But no player can do anything alone. When Randall Cunningham came to Minnesota, he was no better then he was when most thought his career was over, he just had better players around him (Carter, Reed, and Moss) and that made him look better. All of a sudden he had the best season of his career, despite being out of the league only a season before.

This is why the "eye test" is pretty damn important, because numbers only tell part of the story, by numbers alone I should be able to claim that Emmitt Smith was better than Barry Sanders since he had more yards but the stats that you obviously worship don't take into account his O-line.

If you actually look at the numbers, Barry Sanders was far better. The argument was made in favor of Emmitt Smith, usually based off the ability to block.

Even if we use the tried and true fanboy line of reasoning to elevate Brady above Manning because of their post-season play, how was Brady's post-season play this year? Manning might have botched it in the Superbowl but you need to actually get to the Superbowl in order to botch it there, Brady played like crap and it was up to Kevin Faulk to lead the team that day, not Brady.

I agree, Manning is the better QB. Not sure how Emoney feels on the subject.

Aside from whether or not you think showing up to voluntary team activities is important it shows what Brady thinks is it isn't, and given his recent failure in playing and leadership I don't think that's a very good message to be sending.

People overreact to everything. If Brady comes in and dominates this season, all will be forgiven. Some of you guys wanted to cut Randy Moss in the preseason of 07'. lol

I understand Tom's reasons as a man.

But at the same time I'm disappointed as a football fan. Really disappointed. It seems like the fire's gone out in this team, under this coach, with these core players. It feels like the edge is gone and we're just like any other above average team.

Can't we all just stop arguing and thank god that Brady didn't impregnate Tara Reid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes