PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady to stay in Los Angeles during voluntary offseason workouts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Brady to stay in Los Angeles during offseason workouts

Yeah, it would just suck if Brady retires soon and Tebow is a real good QB. That would just kill Pats fans everywhere...WTF is your line of thinking there? That's like saying fans would rather see the team decline than improve if need be. I just don't see how in 4 months Tebow is going to posess the proper throwing mechanics when he didn't for 4 years in college. I love Tebow, he's a Florida boy and he's a tough SOB. But that doesn't mean I'm going to blind myself thinking he'd be a great NFL QB.

The problem with guys like Tebow is his delivery is so off, not just a tweek here and there. It's hard enough to change anything, let alone everything, and while they can do it in shorts and t-shirts to some extent, they tend to regress to their norm under actual pressure, not to mention pressure the likes of which they have yet to experience in a setting like the NFL...as Holmgren pointed out among others this week.

The problem with guys like Tebow is his delivery is so off, not just a tweek here and there. It's hard enough to change anything, let alone everything, and while they can do it in shorts and t-shirts to some extent, they tend to regress to their norm under actual pressure, not to mention pressure the likes of which they have yet to experience in a setting like the NFL...as Holmgren pointed out among others this week.

Tebow can be used in NE like Edelman,A not so great QB used as a WR or in Tebow's case,A tight end or if he can bulk up a little I think he might make a good fullback.

I think the success of Edelman and the way BB tranformed him into a useful WR does give hope for those who want Tebow as a Patriot,if it worked so far for Julian it could work for Tim.

Lets all agree that Tebow appears to have the will and desire and love of football to succeed in the NFL - - The position for that to accomplish this is still to be determined

Last edited:

Mmmmmm.....

I remember reading some posts roasting Ty Warren when he decided to miss offseason workouts to get his degree.......

Lets all agree that Tebow appears to have the will and desire and love of football to succeed in the NFL - - The position for that to accomplish this is still to be determined

Can we also agree that there are 1000s of guys who never made it who have will, desire, and love of the game? Those are all admirable traits but if they aren't accompanied by NFL talent then he isn't going to make it.

NFL Videos: Florida pro day report

What is so off about his throwing motion here?

He's going to have do deal with a much faster game than in college but so does every college QB.

Damnit, no QB has ever won a Super Bowl when having young children. We are so screwed.

I think after the Saints beat the Dolts we saw Brees and his young son embrace I can't wait for Brady to do the samething only with the Lombardi in his other hand:singing::singing::singing:

He's become Mark Gastineau.

Let the Tebow, flutter ball era begin.

He's become Mark Gastineau.

Let the Tebow, flutter ball era begin.

Not all QB's are blessed with cannons like your boy Markie Mark Sanchez.

I miss the Pre-Gisele - Tom Brady !

Gisele isn't the woman to be complaining about in this matter.

Don't blame the messenger,I said it was probably not a big deal,but thought this would be a good one for those looking to complain :)

I don't think it is complaining to say Brady is not showing the same dedication to the offseason program that he has in the past. That is an empirical fact. I do not dislike Brady because it appears that football does not seem to be as high on the priority list as it used to be, but I do wish he was back in NE leading by example. I really feel there is alot to be gained by having the centerpiece of your franchise leading the way during the offseason workout program. Despite the fact I get sick to my stomach with all of the environmental bull s..t that is thrown at us, I have no problem with Brady speaking our for these causes if he believes in them. With him being from San Fran, it doesn't surprise me. I just think if he was winning the parking spot while he was in his 20's, he should be working even harder as he gets older. If it was important then, why is not important now? He can do as many PSA's for the planet as he wants, but I just wish he would refocus himself to the game that put him in position to do them. I'm sure he is focused to some extent, but to say he is showing the same dedication that made him the player he is would be ignoring the facts. He does not participate and lead in the offseason like he used to. The parking spot does not lie.

Last edited:

I don't think it is complaining to say Brady is not showing the same dedication to the offseason program that he has in the past. That is an empirical fact. I do not dislike Brady because it appears that football does not seem to be as high on the priority list as it used to be, but I do wish he was back in NE leading by example. I really feel there is alot to be gained by having the centerpiece of your franchise leading the way during the offseason workout program. Despite the fact I get sick to my stomach with all of the environmental bull s..t that is thrown at us, I have no problem with Brady speaking our for these causes if he believes in them. With him being from San Fran, it doesn't surprise me. I just think if he was winning the parking spot while he was in his 20's, he should be working even harder as he gets older. If it was important then, why is not important now? He can do as many PSA's for the planet as he wants, but I just wish he would refocus himself to the game that put him in position to do them. I'm sure he is focused to some extent, but to say he is showing the same dedication that made him the player he is would be ignoring the facts. He does not participate and lead in the offseason like he used to. The parking spot does not lie.

I, for one, appreciate your guts in your above post. Many probably agree, but you get ripped on this board if your post is anything less than 100% ball washing. So, many, will remain silent.

I've been a member here for a long time. There was post after post about how Brady is the best of the best, because he's obsessed with his sport as most of the greats are. He's the first into the building to work at his trade, and the last to leave, like most of the greats in their sports. He even comes to the voluntary workouts, even though he's the star of the team, and on and on and on. Now many of the exact same people say, he doesn't matter that he's not here, family comes first, it's voluntary, there are no WRs here, and on and on and on. It's humorous more than anything. I love reading these posts. :)

NFL Videos: Florida pro day report

What is so off about his throwing motion here?

He's going to have do deal with a much faster game than in college but so does every college QB.

What I see is too much of a wind up with the ball behind his shoulder. That leads to forced fumbles in the NFL. I'd like to see a shorter and quicker release. There are also passes where he forcibly aims the ball at the receiver and doesn't have that smooth natural sequence of a pro QB. I like Bradford's motion.

What I see is too much of a wind up with the ball behind his shoulder. That leads to forced fumbles in the NFL. I'd like to see a shorter and quicker release. There are also passes where he forcibly aims the ball at the receiver and doesn't have that smooth natural sequence of a pro QB. I like Bradford's motion.

Thanks for the feedback, I'm not an expert when it comes to QB mechanics but posts like yours' help. I wouldn't be surprised if he continues to shorten the throwing motion.

Thanks for the feedback, I'm not an expert when it comes to QB mechanics but posts like yours' help. I wouldn't be surprised if he continues to shorten the throwing motion.

I think he has a decent shot at becoming an NFL QB. Mechanics can be refined. He certainly has the desire and physical atributes.

A+ Post. Glad someone finally had the stones to say what we have all been thinking.

Tom Brady will show up in shape and ready to go for Training Camp, having followed whatever Off-season Workout and Tape program the Coaching Staff and he agree makes sense for him. If he's decided to approach things differently at the age of 32/33 than he did at the age of 25/26, I have no problem with that. He is not a problem. He is not close to a problem.

I couldn't disagree more. He is going to be 33 on opening day. The average retirement age for HOF QB's is 37. What he did in his 20's was and had to be different than what he should do in his mid 30's.

As for the "dedication" he's showing; it just seems clear to me that the "dedication" that is needed at 24 and what is needed at 33 are very different. He has nine more years of experience in his brain and nine more years of hits on his body; he'll be doing things differently and no one knows better than him what he has to do.

The "Parking Spot" is a lot more important for younger guys and doesn't mean squat in evaluating Brady. If Brady's skills are diminishing to the point where he can't contribute, it won't have anything to do with offseason programs and parking spots, but with the toll of time that brings all great QB's to the end of their days; here's hoping that Brady is more like John Elway and Brett Favre (the former, retired at 38 with two consecutive rings and the latter still playing at a high level in his 40's) than he is like Troy Aikman and Terry Bradshaw (retired at 34 and 35). As far as I know, Elway wasn't a workout maniac and Favre fishes, chops wood, ropes cows and does whatever else he does in the offseason and then shows up ready to play, sometimes at the end of training camp.

(And, BTW, if you don't like his politics, just say so and don't make snide digs about living in San Francisco but then pretend you have "no problem" with things he's saying; it's a free country, for you and him--if you don't like what he's saying or doing, just say so, I'm sure he could care less. His politics are consistent with mine, but he could be a Limbaugh dittohead as far as I'm concerned; it wouldn't make any difference.)

Last edited:
Tom Brady will show up in shape and ready to go for Training Camp, having followed whatever Off-season Workout and Tape program the Coaching Staff and he agree makes sense for him. If he's decided to approach things differently at the age of 32/33 than he did at the age of 25/26, I have no problem with that. He is not a problem. He is not close to a problem.

I never said he was a problem. I simply stated that he is not following the same process that got him to where he is. He is not the most naturally gifted player in the NFL, but we constantly hear that he is one of the hardest working. His hold on the parking space has been told over and over again. He no longer considers that a priority, and that cannot be debated as he as chosen to pass on the program for the last 2 seasons. That is his choice, but I will continue to say it is beneficial for him to be there in the offseason. I do think having the centerpiece of your team leading by example in the offseason program is something that benefits and drives all of the other players in the organization. If your argument is no loss is felt with him being absent from the offseason program, I would have to disagree with you. If it was important for him to be there for the 1st 7-8 years of his career (of which we participated in 4 SBs and won 3), I would think it is important now.

I couldn't disagree more. He is going to be 33 on opening day. The average retirement age for HOF QB's is 37. What he did in his 20's was and had to be different than what he should do in his mid 30's.

As for the "dedication" he's showing; it just seems clear to me that the "dedication" that is needed at 24 and what is needed at 33 are very different. He has nine more years of experience in his brain and nine more years of hits on his body; he'll be doing things differently and no one knows better than him what he has to do.

The "Parking Spot" is a lot more important for younger guys and doesn't mean squat in evaluating Brady. If Brady's skills are diminishing to the point where he can't contribute, it won't have anything to do with offseason programs and parking spots, but with the toll of time that brings all great QB's to the end of their days; here's hoping that Brady is more like John Elway and Brett Favre (the former, retired at 38 with two consecutive rings and the latter still playing at a high level in his 40's) than he is like Troy Aikman and Terry Bradshaw (retired at 34 and 35). As far as I know, Elway wasn't a workout maniac and Favre fishes, chops wood, ropes cows and does whatever else he does in the offseason and then shows up ready to play, sometimes at the end of training camp.

(And, BTW, if you don't like his politics, just say so and don't make snide digs about living in San Francisco but then pretend you have "no problem" with things he's saying; it's a free country, for you and him--if you don't like what he's saying or doing, just say so, I'm sure he could care less. His politics are consistent with mine, but he could be a Limbaugh dittohead as far as I'm concerned; it wouldn't make any difference.)

First, I don't like his politics and I think I was clear about that. I do have a huge problem with the things he is saying, but I have no problem with him saying them. It's American for him to voice his opinion (as uninformed as it is).

Second, my opinion is that Brady benefited greatly from his serious dedication to the program, and more importantly I feel his willingness to participate was a driving factor for the other players on the team. Many of the players who have come through the Pats organization over the years have stated this exact fact. If you are saying his decision to remain absent has no impact, I cannot agree with that/

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft