PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady reported in an accident - Update: Shaken but now on way to stadium

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Brady reported in an accident-Update: Shaken but now on way to Stadium

If you want more info, relax, BB will give details during his presser lol

I foresee a response resembling:

Coach, can you tell us more about what happened to Tom this morning and how he is feeling?

"I don't know, I was not there."
"I am not a doctor or an expert on car accidents"

For discussion purpose only, lets say that Brady sustained some sort of injury that would sideline him for several games, or the entire season. If that had occured, how comfortable would you all be with Hoyer at quaterback.

Me, I would be very comfortable. Not as comfortable as I would be with Brady, but from what little I have seen of Hoyer, I like him. It looks, for one thing, like he has developed a lot of traits from Brady, he hrows a really good, hard and strong pass, and appears to be accurate. And, he is a better runner than Brady.

Brady excels with fantastic pocket presence and that is the one thing that would concern me to some degree...but overall, I would be more comfortable with Hoyer than any of the recent Pats backup Qbs.

Even Cassel?

You nailed it. Add..."we'll play it day to day."

"Again... we're just trying to prepare for the Bengals"

Oh,How this brings me back scary horrid memories to my car accident back in March this year that just about everyone knows in here.

I am thankful that Brady walked away from this accident with no major injury unlike what I had,he probably had his seat belt on...actually I am thankful when ANY human being escapes these situations,not just Brady.

This news today not only made me think about my accident but Ben Roethlisberger's accident 5 years ago came flashin in my head as well....Big Ben was not as lucky.

For discussion purpose only, lets say that Brady sustained some sort of injury that would sideline him for several games, or the entire season. If that had occured, how comfortable would you all be with Hoyer at quaterback.

Me, I would be very comfortable. Not as comfortable as I would be with Brady, but from what little I have seen of Hoyer, I like him. It looks, for one thing, like he has developed a lot of traits from Brady, he hrows a really good, hard and strong pass, and appears to be accurate. And, he is a better runner than Brady.

Brady excels with fantastic pocket presence and that is the one thing that would concern me to some degree...but overall, I would be more comfortable with Hoyer than any of the recent Pats backup Qbs.

Yes, after I heard that he was okay I thought "What if Hoyer had to be brought in to QB1 at least temporarily?" It wasn't that awful of a thought. Hoyer has really impressed me.

I foresee a response resembling:

Coach, can you tell us more about what happened to Tom this morning and how he is feeling?

"I don't know, I was not there."
"I am not a doctor or an expert on car accidents"

Perfect! :rofl::rofl:

Yes. Hoyer is far more the quarterback than Cassel ever was, or will be.

Yes, the team had a decent record under Cassel, but he was not, really, a bonafide NFL starting quarterback. We have seen that based on his performance in KC.

Hoyer, IMO, has the talent to, someday, be an NFL starter.

I saw what you saw; I study QB play in detail, and have not reached that conclusion at all. Too little real NFL game data on Hoyer whom I REALLY do like. And let's see how Cassell who was excellent his last several games here does in his 2nd year of an awfull rebuilding team before we declare him not an NFL QB.

Re: Brady reported in an accident

Its being looked at. Who do you think is a better doctor, the Patriots doc or the med school intern on a 14 hour shift at the ER in the hospital?

I dunno. For Emergency Medicine I'd put my money on an experienced Trauma Attending at MGH, where he would have gone.

I guess the big question now is, why does his Bentley have NJ license plates on it?

I heard he owns some property off Exit 16 of the NJT.:D

I heard he owns some property off Exit 16 of the NJT.:D

He owns the Lincoln Tunnel? Wow, the lad has done well for himself.

Last edited:

Yes, the team had a decent record under Cassel, but KC was not, really, a bonafide NFL team. We have seen that based on his performance in KC.

Fixed your post for you.

Yes. Hoyer is far more the quarterback than Cassel ever was, or will be.

Yes, the team had a decent record under Cassel, but he was not, really, a bonafide NFL starting quarterback. We have seen that based on his performance in KC.

Hoyer, IMO, has the talent to, someday, be an NFL starter.

I can't disagree with you on the Cassel assessment...but still haven't gotten comfy with Hoyer yet.
I may be "misremembering" but I thought I heard somewhere that Cassel has an arm >/= Brady. Again...I can't site where I ever heard that in 2008.

ycxg.jpg

Just reading comments from Brady's agent, via LaCanfora Twitter:

Statement from Don Yee, Tom Brady's agent: "I want to thank the safety personnel for their service, and express our concern and support for the well-being of the occupants of the other vehicle. I don't have any other information to share at this time."

I can't help wondering if this might delay announcement of a contract, just out of respect and depending on the condition of the others involved. (I'm not talking about this affecting the actual contract, just any actual announcement.)

Jason La Canfora (JasonLaCanfora) on Twitter

Last edited:

I'd list the Audi as questionable for Sunday.

Wow, the car is bad. Are we sure TB is okay?

Cassel and Hoyer are only similar in that they are both smart and determined kids who had sufficient humility to learn to run this offense like Brady would. That is what seperated them from guys like Robinson, KOC, Gutz, who focused to hard on proving they were something noteworthy in their own right when they weren't. Cassel remains the more talented which is why he was recruited by USC. He also has the stronger arm. Both can out run their mentor, as though can Wilfork... Given the exact same weapons they do well unless the weapons lose focus or malfunction...that's when you need a Brady to right the ship... The difference you may think you see in pre season performance has more to do with how each of those pre seasons was handled. During Cassel's tenure Bill and Josh spent a lot more time testing and tinkering with personnel groupings and tweeking concepts and rotating or resting starters. This season Bill and Bill have spent a lot more time figuring out who the starters were and making sure they are building rhythm in the offense and making sure they can execute concepts consistently. You can't compare Cassel in KC to Hoyer in NE...

Wow, the car is bad. Are we sure TB is okay?

Yeah, he participated in the walk through and attended meetings once he got in. The car did exactly what it was designed to, protect the passengers.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand