PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady reported in an accident - Update: Shaken but now on way to stadium

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Brady reported in an accident-Update: Shaken but now on way to Stadium

... though from the photos it looks as much like it was the heft of Audi's top model vs. a tinny minivan as much as anything else that protected Brady. ...

I mentioned way back on this thread: My wife was driving an A6 on Rte 128, smashed into the back of a BMW SUV and was rear-ended by a Lexus SUV. Pretty sturdy cars. Her Audi looked much like Brady's and she was unhurt.

Many well built cars out there, all worth the cost..

You know, you might be right. This could have been some guy coming home drunk from an all nighter or some moron texting while driving. Or he could have been a guy rushing a sick kid to the hospital or somebody who usually drives safely operating under a lot of stress related to his family or job. None of those things excuse someone's actions, but they do put them in different lights.

You're close, according to the Globe (Rogerio was the man seriously injured):

Rogerio Rodrigues’s sister said her brother was heading to St. Elizabeth Medical Center Thursday morning for treatment of a back injury. He was lying in the back of the van when the accident occurred, which worsened his injuries.

“His son was driving because he had a very bad back problem,’’ the sister said.

Man hurt in crash forgotten, sister says - The Boston Globe

Though the driver does have a bit of a record.

The driver has a terrible record. Public Safety is a joke as long as folks whose driving habits are continuously that bad are allowed to drive. Actions no longer have substantive consequences. Everyone's families are at EXTRA risk with Bozos like that driving around.

Rogerio Rodrigues’s sister said her brother was heading to St. Elizabeth Medical Center Thursday morning for treatment of a back injury. He was lying in the back of the van when the accident occurred, which worsened his injuries.

“His son was driving because he had a very bad back problem,’’ the sister said.

Man hurt in crash forgotten, sister says - The Boston Globe

Though the driver does have a bit of a record.

That's a crock. St. Elizabeth is in Brighton. What were they doing in Back Bay? They don't live there since they're poor (Back Bay is a very exclusive neighborhood). The newspaper said they were heading (presumably west) on Commonwealth ave. Comm. ave. starts in Back Bay at Boston Common (which is 3 blocks from where Brady lives), so the only reason you'd be getting on Commonwealth in Back Bay is because you live very close by.

I didn't see a smartwater logo on it?

:confused2:

I think he had the Fig Newtons logo on his windshield.

I think he had the Fig Newtons logo on his windshield.

I was just thinking now that the Audi folks must be besides themselves, crying with joy. I can't think of a more perfect PR opportunity for them, especially one that went nationwide overnight: "Horrifying car crash: other driver taken to hospital with critical injury. Audi driver emerges without a scratch." All the more so that this driver turns out to be a superstar quarterback. Moral: "If Audi protects superstar quarterbacks, it can also protect you!"

Shares jumped up 2.61% yesterday.

Unscathed Tom Brady Walks Away From Car Crash In Slow Motion

http://www.theonion.com/articles/unscathed-tom-brady-walks-away-from-car-crash-in-s,18101/

SB-Brady-R_jpg_445x1000_upscale_q85.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back